We're All Bipartisan at Heart

Our ideology is shaped by our parents and family...and also shaped by our heroes

Sent from my iPod touch using USMessageBoard.com

I am very partisan.... I believe the republican party can be turned back in to the party of the constitution. I also know that Democrats are the party of the KKK, Jim Crow, Abortion, And welfare slavery.

Not to be broken a record here...but this argument is useless...no...in fact it is destructive.
Debating which party is worse than the other is like debating the value of a rotten red apple or a rotten green apple.
One party seeks to exploit the general public in order to enrich themselves and the central banks/big business. They see you as a source of income.
The other party wants to control you. They lull you in with flowers and cake and then take over your lives soon after. They see you as a source of power.
Either situation sucks.
The answer is to replace them. It is high time to put intelligent people with VARYING BACKGROUNDS in office. Get rid of the lawyers.

Last edited:
The poll also showed that Democrats are generally more willing to compromise than Republicans or Independents. Over 60 percent of Democrats said that “more compromise” was preferable, while only 55 percent of Independents and 38 percent of Republicans agreed. In addition, Democrats preferred compromise over ideological intransigence by a 41 percent margin, while Republicans said they sought the same by only a 2 percent margin.

Self-identified “Tea Party supporters” notched the most significant opposition to compromise, with only 39 percent supporting some form of it. Nonetheless, 40 percent of Tea Partiers still preferred tangible results to ideological purity.

Poll: 53 Percent Favor Compromise in Congress

That is funny, but you need to define the word compromise. To progressives/liberals if you ask them what the word means it is that conservatives give in to their demands. If you ask a conservative it means both sides give a little to reach a middle ground.

LOL.

1378143640961.jpg

Immanuel said:
To progressives/liberals if you ask them what the word means it is that conservatives give in to their demands. If you ask a conservative it means both sides give a little to reach a middle ground.

Nice projection. Too bad the real world works in the opposite way. It wasn't the Democrats who shut down the government rather than compromise.

What are you smoking? It certainly was the Democrats who shut down the government rather than compromise. And they did so with glee trying to blame Republicans for it.

And you're claiming others are living in fantasy.

:eusa_eh:

I know you're an idiot, but you can't be serious.

Nice projection. Too bad the real world works in the opposite way. It wasn't the Democrats who shut down the government rather than compromise.

What are you smoking? It certainly was the Democrats who shut down the government rather than compromise. And they did so with glee trying to blame Republicans for it.

It is something isn't it? David Dumbery let some woman make that claim this past Sunday on Meet the Softball Press and did not challenge her on it.

Delusion.

It is something isn't it? David Dumbery let some woman make that claim this past Sunday on Meet the Softball Press and did not challenge her on it.

Delusion.

And I can prove that he's dead wrong in one post but I guarantee he doesn't respond once I do that. They're all the same.

There is just too much bullshit circulating......and a person of limited capacity can be influenced very easily.

Common sense will rule the day. Thankfully

The poll also showed that Democrats are generally more willing to compromise than Republicans or Independents. Over 60 percent of Democrats said that “more compromise” was preferable, while only 55 percent of Independents and 38 percent of Republicans agreed. In addition, Democrats preferred compromise over ideological intransigence by a 41 percent margin, while Republicans said they sought the same by only a 2 percent margin.

Self-identified “Tea Party supporters” notched the most significant opposition to compromise, with only 39 percent supporting some form of it. Nonetheless, 40 percent of Tea Partiers still preferred tangible results to ideological purity.

That is funny, but you need to define the word compromise. To progressives/liberals if you ask them what the word means it is that conservatives give in to their demands. If you ask a conservative it means both sides give a little to reach a middle ground.

You believe that?

Absolutely, you don't?

You believe that?

Absolutely, you don't?

No. It is retarded concept, given the GOP's absolute refusal to compromise.

Actually, there are no words to describe how wrong you are. All we can do is shake our heads in awe and hope that someone shakes you hard enough.

Last edited:
You believe that?

Absolutely, you don't?

No. It is retarded concept, given the GOP's absolute refusal to compromise. Democrats are only open to conservative submission, nothing more, nothing less.

Actually, there are no words to describe how wrong you are. All we can do is shake out heads in awe.

Ah yes, more of the TDM mindset that Democrats are perfect.

Only an idiot would think the Democrats are open to compromise or have ever been open to compromise.

I am sorry, I thought you had something more than marbles in your head.

Last edited:
Absolutely, you don't?

No. It is retarded concept, given the GOP's absolute refusal to compromise. Democrats are only open to conservative submission, nothing more, nothing less.

Actually, there are no words to describe how wrong you are. All we can do is shake out heads in awe.

Ah yes, more of the TDM mindset that Democrats are perfect.

Only an idiot would think the Democrats are open to compromise or have ever been open to compromise.

I am sorry, I thought you had something more than marbles in your head.

Yeah....ain't that sumthin'?

Yes, you heard me right. Believe it or not, we're all bipartisan at heart. As overtly partisan as we all are at times, we seek a sort of political balance in our subconscious. Don't believe me? Why do we seek unbiased interpretations of the news? Or of the facts? Why do we seek bipartisanship between the two parties in Washington? Why do we react so angrily with someone who claims to be bipartisan but is not?

As crazy as that all sounds, I believe all of us, from extreme right to extreme left seeks bipartisanship in some way. We all want cooperation in our government. I've observed it. We want both parties to work together for the furtherment of America! It might not look like it, but in some way we desire bipartisanship. Just a few hours ago, I was accused of being a neo-con. I am a libertarian, albeit not a perfect one. I have some Republican leanings, admittedly.

I try to be bipartisan when I can, but sometimes I fail to do that. Yes, even I am not infallible. So, while that accusation was off the mark, it shows that the accuser might be seeking that same bipartisanship. It shows how all of us seek it, but are disappointed when someone or something isn't truly bipartisan in nature. Bipartisanship is hard to achieve, it can also be dangerous. But one thing is clear. It makes sure whatever it is needing to get done, get's done.

Bipartisanship can also be dangerous, when those of our parties decide to work against us. It can be a blessing or a curse, a weapon or a tool. We are all bipartisan at heart, whether we like it or not.

I agree with the premise...however One Founding Father had ideas and WARNED US early on as to where it would lead...SHAME so many don't pay heed...

"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge natural to party dissention, which in different ages & countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders & miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security & repose in the absolute power of an Individual: and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty." — George Washington, September 19, 1796

George Washington in his Farewell Address

There's a plethora of more wisdom from him in there regarding Governance, Debt, etc...

Yes, you heard me right. Believe it or not, we're all bipartisan at heart. As overtly partisan as we all are at times, we seek a sort of political balance in our subconscious. Don't believe me? Why do we seek unbiased interpretations of the news? Or of the facts? Why do we seek bipartisanship between the two parties in Washington? Why do we react so angrily with someone who claims to be bipartisan but is not?

As crazy as that all sounds, I believe all of us, from extreme right to extreme left seeks bipartisanship in some way. We all want cooperation in our government. I've observed it. We want both parties to work together for the furtherment of America! It might not look like it, but in some way we desire bipartisanship. Just a few hours ago, I was accused of being a neo-con. I am a libertarian, albeit not a perfect one. I have some Republican leanings, admittedly.

I try to be bipartisan when I can, but sometimes I fail to do that. Yes, even I am not infallible. So, while that accusation was off the mark, it shows that the accuser might be seeking that same bipartisanship. It shows how all of us seek it, but are disappointed when someone or something isn't truly bipartisan in nature. Bipartisanship is hard to achieve, it can also be dangerous. But one thing is clear. It makes sure whatever it is needing to get done, get's done.

Bipartisanship can also be dangerous, when those of our parties decide to work against us. It can be a blessing or a curse, a weapon or a tool. We are all bipartisan at heart, whether we like it or not.

I have never been offended when someone claimed to be bipartisan and been proven to be a liar, I have been relieved. Bipartisan ship got us a spending bill that eliminated the fake cuts of the sequester, why the hell would I want to be more bipartisan?

Bipartisan is a completely bullshit term with no real meaning.

I think for myself, rather than trying to fit "between" the parties. There's a staggering spectrum of political views that aren't represented at all by either party.

I know where you're coming from, but bipartisan isn't the right word for it.

Listen to the man. He is wrong about almost everything, but he got this 100% right.

Bipartisan is a completely bullshit term with no real meaning.

I think for myself, rather than trying to fit "between" the parties. There's a staggering spectrum of political views that aren't represented at all by either party.

I know where you're coming from, but bipartisan isn't the right word for it.

Listen to the man. He is wrong about almost everything, but he got this 100% right.
Indeed. Every time I hear the term, I cringe. It means absolutely ZERO...it's a ploy used to quell the Dumbasses.

That is because Democrats know that compromise means they win, and Tea Partiers know it means they lose.

I have never been offended when someone claimed to be bipartisan and been proven to be a liar, I have been relieved. Bipartisan ship got us a spending bill that eliminated the fake cuts of the sequester, why the hell would I want to be more bipartisan?

If you read the very last point I made in that essay, I acknowledge how being bipartisan can also work against us. Its both a blessing and a curse. I'd rather see it used as the former, but unfortunately, it's as the latter at this point in time.

If you read the very last point I made in that essay, I acknowledge how being bipartisan can also work against us. Its both a blessing and a curse. I'd rather see it used as the former, but unfortunately, it's as the latter at this point in time.

Stop. You are not a deep thinker. Just stop.

Forum List

Back