We're All Bipartisan at Heart

I have never been offended when someone claimed to be bipartisan and been proven to be a liar, I have been relieved. Bipartisan ship got us a spending bill that eliminated the fake cuts of the sequester, why the hell would I want to be more bipartisan?

If you read the very last point I made in that essay, I acknowledge how being bipartisan can also work against us. Its both a blessing and a curse. I'd rather see it used as the former, but unfortunately, it's as the latter at this point in time.

Stop. You are not a deep thinker. Just stop.

And YOU are? YOU are part of the problem, Lunger.

By bipartisanship I mean that no one ideology is perfect. Bipartisanship is merely a word, not an ideology. Participants in team sports set aside their ideals for one common goal, why can't we? Is that not what it means to set aside the two party system and think for yourselves?

By bipartisanship I mean that no one ideology is perfect. Bipartisanship is merely a word, not an ideology. Participants in team sports set aside their ideals for one common goal, why can't we? Is that not what it means to set aside the two party system and think for yourselves?
That is what I perceived you to mean, and that is fine. I'm all for it as one poster stated: "...As long as the Constitution is adhered to..." to date, it isn't.

Well then. The brain trust has spoken.
You're getting there, you're learning...but it will leak out of your cranium anyway...

I think TK is smarter than you, but he suffers from a more severe inferiority complex. He actually reflects on the sad state of his life....whereas you prefer to ignore yours.

You make a really awesome team.
Project much Lunger? Move on...YOU are peanuts...a Loser. Part of the problem...a follower...NO mind of your own, and if it is of any consequence (and if it isn't NO mind to your sorry ass)? YOU are what's wrong with America. YOU are a symptom to the disease. I am comfortable with TK...Truth is your bane.

*BYE*

Not to be broken a record here...but this argument is useless...no...in fact it is destructive.
Debating which party is worse than the other is like debating the value of a rotten red apple or a rotten green apple.
One party seeks to exploit the general public in order to enrich themselves and the central banks/big business. They see you as a source of income.
The other party wants to control you. They lull you in with flowers and cake and then take over your lives soon after. They see you as a source of power.
Either situation sucks.
The answer is to replace them. It is high time to put intelligent people with VARYING BACKGROUNDS in office. Get rid of the lawyers.

Sitting there saying both parties suck and are the same does not make you cool....It just makes you to weak to say what is right.

Lol LL.

Evidence of your deep thought lies in your incessant ad hominem. Kindly keep quiet while the adults are speaking.

You're 26 and unemployed. I'd wager you still live at home too. What exactly do you know about being an adult?

Yes, you heard me right. Believe it or not, we're all bipartisan at heart. As overtly partisan as we all are at times, we seek a sort of political balance in our subconscious. Don't believe me? Why do we seek unbiased interpretations of the news? Or of the facts? Why do we seek bipartisanship between the two parties in Washington? Why do we react so angrily with someone who claims to be bipartisan but is not?

As crazy as that all sounds, I believe all of us, from extreme right to extreme left seeks bipartisanship in some way. We all want cooperation in our government. I've observed it. We want both parties to work together for the furtherment of America! It might not look like it, but in some way we desire bipartisanship. Just a few hours ago, I was accused of being a neo-con. I am a libertarian, albeit not a perfect one. I have some Republican leanings, admittedly.

I try to be bipartisan when I can, but sometimes I fail to do that. Yes, even I am not infallible. So, while that accusation was off the mark, it shows that the accuser might be seeking that same bipartisanship. It shows how all of us seek it, but are disappointed when someone or something isn't truly bipartisan in nature. Bipartisanship is hard to achieve, it can also be dangerous. But one thing is clear. It makes sure whatever it is needing to get done, get's done.

Bipartisanship can also be dangerous, when those of our parties decide to work against us. It can be a blessing or a curse, a weapon or a tool. We are all bipartisan at heart, whether we like it or not.

I have never been offended when someone claimed to be bipartisan and been proven to be a liar, I have been relieved. Bipartisan ship got us a spending bill that eliminated the fake cuts of the sequester, why the hell would I want to be more bipartisan?

If you read the very last point I made in that essay, I acknowledge how being bipartisan can also work against us. Its both a blessing and a curse. I'd rather see it used as the former, but unfortunately, it's as the latter at this point in time.

Bipartisanship only works in favor of the government, never the people.

Well then. The brain trust has spoken.
You're getting there, you're learning...but it will leak out of your cranium anyway...

I think TK is smarter than you, but he suffers from a more severe inferiority complex. He actually reflects on the sad state of his life....whereas you prefer to ignore yours.

They might not be the smartest posters on the board, but you make them look like Hawking and Einstein.

It's a buzzword used by politicians to make us think that BOTH sides agree when there really are problems...albeit TK's premise is sound.

I have tried, over the years, to be "inclusive". It doesn't work. Today's liberals care about one thing and one thing only - the destruction of the middle class in America and the death of the American ideal. They are traitors to the United States and, more importantly, they are traitors to themselves.

They DESPISE success and they trumpet failure. They hate this country with all their hearts and wish nothing but the worst for her.

They are the worthless failures in life who hate anyone who believes in something "bigger" than their secular humanist view of this world. They refuse to acknowledge the good that America has done for the world throughout our history and still, to this day, blame her for every ill the world experiences.

Bipartisan my ass. I DESPISE the other side. It wasn't always that way. I started out in this world as a democrat - back when democrats were American; when they cared for the future of America.

When democrats become patriots again, they will be welcomed back. Until then - screw 'em.

I respectfully disagree. I believe that bipartisanship isn't purely limited to politics, therefore it can be made to work for anyone, not one sole authoritarian entity. With that in mind, when everyone gets mad at the government, it becomes a bipartisan feeling akin to the people, with such sentiment not belonging in any way to the government.

Last edited:

They might not be the smartest posters on the board, but you make them look like Hawking and Einstein.

Uh, am I supposed to take that as a compliment? I don't think I am anywhere close to the level of "not being the smartest poster on the board." I've been told by reputable posters how they enjoy my well reasoned arguments (mind you not all of them) and posts. In fact, I've been known to run adults twice my age under a table, with pure intelligence and factual reasoning. You yourself acknowledged that I was smart enough to admit my mistakes, as was evidenced in the Virginia Gubernatorial Race debates. I guess I can't please everyone though, and I don't try to. No offense.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back