We're Getting Married!

Legally both religion and sexuality are considered to be immutable traits.

And that doesn't require that one is born with either a religious compulsion or a sexual preference.

I was going by the definition of immutable:

im·mu·ta·ble
adjective \(ˌ)i(m)-ˈmyü-tə-bəl\
: unable to be changed
: not capable of or susceptible to change

Where, legally, has religion been declared an immutable characteristic?

Are bi-sexual "immutable" should they be allowed one spouse of each gender?

You only get to marry one person at a time here, anything else is illegal. Do you find more than just your current spouse attractive?

why is multiple marriage illegal? What legal rationale do you have that supports denying the rights of these people to marry who they love and want to commit to?

Why do you support discriminating against polygamists and use discrimination as the main argument for gay marriage?

I don't. I don't care one way or the other. Your desire for polygamists to have civil marriage in this country is separate from gays and lesbians having equal access to existing laws. Current law does not allow for polygamist marriages. If it is something you feel strongly about, good luck.

Actually, it is EXACTLY the same you dumb fuck.

The ONLY difference is YOUR morality says polygamy is wrong. That is the total sum difference.

Which of course is the point. You're fine with morality being part of marriage, as long as it is YOUR morality.

JROC SAID:

"Marriage is between a man and a women husband and wife."

Nonsense.

Marriage is between two consenting adult partners entering into a contract of commitment recognized by the state, same- or opposite-sex.

Same-sex couples are currently eligible to enter into marriage contracts, which is why it's un-Constitutional for states to deny gay Americans access to laws they're eligible to participate in.

You're at liberty to express your unwarranted fear and hatred of gay Americans, but you are not at liberty to seek to codify that fear and hate.

Right!! State law, state constitutions, and I don't hate gay people. I detest the militant left wing, tyrannical, "LBGT"community who attempt to strike fear in and even cause people to loose their job if they don't agree with their gay "marriage" crap. Civil unions which could essentially be same thing is just not good enough for them it must be "marriage"

You're heard of separate but equal, yes? Do you even realize that is what you're proposing? You're proposing a different drinking fountain for gays to make them 2nd class citizens.

Same water came out of both fountains after all...

You're in fine company.

Same rights for all. Try to keep up.. Straw man ..Woman

Sorry, can't watch videos at home...shared usage limitations. At any rate, if you're arguing for civil unions for all, I'm perfectly fine with that. What Fishy wants is civil unions for gays, civil marriage for straights. Is that what you're advocating?

You're the one who wants to change the definition of marriage, as it has been for thousands of yours not me, and marriage is generally not "civil marriage". except for to a bunch of friken atheist.

I see you won't answer the question. I'm guessing because you are indeed advocating for a separate but equal status for gays and lesbians. Unfortunately for you, that's unconstitutional.

When gay couples can conceive a child, I'll change my opinion. Until then, same sex marriage does not equate

Really? So all the millions of people that cannot or do not conceive a child with each other are not married? People who have adopted children are not married in your mind?

My partner and I happen to have two children. While my partner is not their biological parent, she is their parent legally and emotionally which is where it matters the most. Why is our family not deserving of the rights, benefits and privileges of civil marriage?
Kids without a parent of each gender are missing something, especially boys. Boys need fathers not two "mothers" although, i'll give you it's better to be adapted than not :thup:

No, actually they don't. All studies on the subject show that there is no difference in outcomes of children raised by straights and children raised by gays.

Does the gender of parents really matter?

Extending their prior work on gender and family, Dr. Biblarz and Dr. Stacey of New York University, analyzed relevant studies about parenting, including available research on single-mother and single-father households, gay male parents and lesbian parents. Their review included 30 studies that compared two-parent lesbian couples to heterosexual coparents, 1 compared gay male to heterosexual coparents, and 2 compared lesbian to gay male coparents. They also reviewed 48 studies of single male or female parents.

In their analysis, the researchers found no evidence of gender-based parenting abilities, with the "exception of lactation," noting that very little about the gender of the parent has significance for children's psychological adjustment and social success. They found there are far more similarities than differences among children of lesbian and heterosexual parents. On average, two mothers tended to play with their children more, were less likely to use physical discipline, and were less likely to raise children with chauvinistic attitudes. Studies of gay male families are still limited.
Only in your warped mind boys don't need fathers or girls don't need mothers:cuckoo:

Then I'm sure you can find a reputable study that appears in a peer reviewed journal that supports your claim, right? I provided you a half dozen that say our children are at no disadvantage to yours.

Shut up.

I'd say the poor little boy who's "mommies" want to get him a sex change at what age 10, are at a disadvantage.

I was going by the definition of immutable:

im·mu·ta·ble
adjective \(ˌ)i(m)-ˈmyü-tə-bəl\
: unable to be changed
: not capable of or susceptible to change

Where, legally, has religion been declared an immutable characteristic?

You only get to marry one person at a time here, anything else is illegal. Do you find more than just your current spouse attractive?

why is multiple marriage illegal? What legal rationale do you have that supports denying the rights of these people to marry who they love and want to commit to?

Why do you support discriminating against polygamists and use discrimination as the main argument for gay marriage?

I don't. I don't care one way or the other. Your desire for polygamists to have civil marriage in this country is separate from gays and lesbians having equal access to existing laws. Current law does not allow for polygamist marriages. If it is something you feel strongly about, good luck.

The ONLY difference is YOUR morality says polygamy is wrong. That is the total sum difference.

Which of course is the point. You're fine with morality being part of marriage, as long as it is YOUR morality.

What part of "I don't care" don't you understand? I don't care if polygamists can legally marry or not. If you think that the fundamental right to marry extends to them and you plan on taking it to court, I wish you luck. Your fight is not my fight and in no way relates to gays and lesbians marrying the ONE partner of their choice at a time...just like straights do.

Do hurry...Julie Andrews is widowed.

What part of "I don't care" don't you understand? I don't care if polygamists can legally marry or not. If you think that the fundamental right to marry extends to them and you plan on taking it to court, I wish you luck. Your fight is not my fight and in no way relates to gays and lesbians marrying the ONE partner of their choice at a time...just like straights do.

Oh, so it's not your morality, it's just that you are stupid.

Listen SeaStupid.

If the government has a right to define marriage PERIOD, than they have a right to define it as they see fit, that certainly means that states which want to define marriage as between a man and a woman should be free to do so.

This is the same thing I tell people who want to legally define marriage as between a man and a woman, do they not understand the ramifications? In 10 years enough loons could get together and pass a law stating that a man and a woman can't marry if that happens.

Both sides are stupid. Do I like polygamous "marriage?" nope, not any more than I like gay "marriage" , but I understand that either the government can define marriage, or they can't.

You are obviously too stupid to grok that, proving that you don't really understand , or care, about the constitutional aspect of the debate at all, all you know is "defend the gays" pathetic.

Really? So all the millions of people that cannot or do not conceive a child with each other are not married? People who have adopted children are not married in your mind?

My partner and I happen to have two children. While my partner is not their biological parent, she is their parent legally and emotionally which is where it matters the most. Why is our family not deserving of the rights, benefits and privileges of civil marriage?
Kids without a parent of each gender are missing something, especially boys. Boys need fathers not two "mothers" although, i'll give you it's better to be adapted than not :thup:

No, actually they don't. All studies on the subject show that there is no difference in outcomes of children raised by straights and children raised by gays.

Extending their prior work on gender and family, Dr. Biblarz and Dr. Stacey of New York University, analyzed relevant studies about parenting, including available research on single-mother and single-father households, gay male parents and lesbian parents. Their review included 30 studies that compared two-parent lesbian couples to heterosexual coparents, 1 compared gay male to heterosexual coparents, and 2 compared lesbian to gay male coparents. They also reviewed 48 studies of single male or female parents.

In their analysis, the researchers found no evidence of gender-based parenting abilities, with the "exception of lactation," noting that very little about the gender of the parent has significance for children's psychological adjustment and social success. They found there are far more similarities than differences among children of lesbian and heterosexual parents. On average, two mothers tended to play with their children more, were less likely to use physical discipline, and were less likely to raise children with chauvinistic attitudes. Studies of gay male families are still limited.
Only in your warped mind boys don't need fathers or girls don't need mothers:cuckoo:

Then I'm sure you can find a reputable study that appears in a peer reviewed journal that supports your claim, right? I provided you a half dozen that say our children are at no disadvantage to yours.

Shut up.

I'd say the poor little boy who's "mommies" want to get him a sex change at what age 10, are at a disadvantage.

Yes, you probably would say that, but that is because you are a homophobic bigot who gets their talking points from Fox.

Fox News, Keith Ablow Misinform About Transgender Child

Listen SeaStupid.

If the government has a right to define marriage PERIOD, than they have a right to define it as they see fit, that certainly means that states which want to define marriage as between a man and a woman should be free to do so.

This is the same thing I tell people who want to legally define marriage as between a man and a woman, do they not understand the ramifications? In 10 years enough loons could get together and pass a law stating that a man and a woman can't marry if that happens.

Both sides are stupid. Do I like polygamous "marriage?" nope, not any more than I like gay "marriage" , but I understand that either the government can define marriage, or they can't.

You are obviously too stupid to grok that, proving that you don't really understand , or care, about the constitutional aspect of the debate at all, all you know is "defend the gays" pathetic.

The government has been defining marriage since the first official registries, Dumber than Dirt. They define civil marriage. Your religion is free to define religious marriage within it's institution as it sees fit. Current US law does not allow for Polygamist marriage. If it ever does, I'll consider a sister wife...until then I'm just going to enjoy my legal, civil marriage with my partner of 20 years.

Shut up.

Yes, you probably would say that, but that is because you are a homophobic bigot who gets their talking points from Fox.

I don't even watch Fox News you moron

And I don't fear, or hate gays.

I think 75% of gays are idiots, no different than the general population. It is your logical fallacy which states that because I think YOU are an idiot and scum that I think that about all gays. Completely untrue.

Oh, and you can post all the links you want idiot, how is an 11 year old suddenly able to consent to something as life altering as hormone blockers? He didn't consent. He can't consent. Moron.

Listen SeaStupid.

The government has been defining marriage since the first official registries, Dumber than Dirt. They define civil marriage. Your religion is free to define religious marriage within it's institution as it sees fit. Current US law does not allow for Polygamist marriage. If it ever does, I'll consider a sister wife...until then I'm just going to enjoy my legal, civil marriage with my partner of 20 years.

Yes they have, so what's your bitch here? Oh thats right it's all about the gay.

You are stupid.Hilarious that you think calling me dumb is a slam, I guarantee you there is NO ONE reading this board who legitimately believes you are smarter than I am. NO ONE.

Shut up.

In your world men are not needed. In your world some men are not men, and some women are not women. In your world people cutting off perfectly good body parts because they have obvious psychological issues should be supported, and no doubt paid for by the government or insurance companies (the people). This is the problem with lefitst in general there are no absolutes anymore.

Shut up.

I think 75% of gays are idiots, no different than the general population. It is your logical fallacy which states that because I think YOU are an idiot and scum that I think that about all gays. Completely untrue.

Oh, and you can post all the links you want idiot, how is an 11 year old suddenly able to consent to something as life altering as hormone blockers? He didn't consent. He can't consent. Moron.

Ya are, Blanche, ya are a homophobic bigot. Anyone that so liberally uses the F-word for gay man is a homophobic bigot.

Read the link Dumb as Fuck. What they are doing is what is recommended by medical professionals who deal with gender dysphoria. The child's treatment has nothing to do with her parents being gay other than they are, hopefully, better equipped to handle than someone, say, like you.

Listen SeaStupid.

Yes they have, so what's your bitch here? Oh thats right it's all about the gay.

You are stupid.Hilarious that you think calling me dumb is a slam, I guarantee you there is NO ONE reading this board who legitimately believes you are smarter than I am. NO ONE.

Yup, I'm here to counter homophobic bigots like you. The fact that you have to continually announce how much smarter you are...usually means the opposite. I guess it's how you feel like a "real man". Maybe there is more than just aversion to gays in your homophobia...

Shut up.

In your world men are not needed. In your world some men are not men, and some women are not women. In your world people cutting off perfectly good body parts because they have obvious psychological issues should be supported, and no doubt paid for by the government or insurance companies (the people). This is the problem with lefitst in general there are no absolutes anymore.

I see that in your world, you still aren't providing any facts or studies to back up your assertions. Funny that...

Yey a new series, a boy watching his father go through a sex change...This is what our society has come to. Hopefully nobody will watch such idiocy.

Docu-series to take transgender experience mainstream

Building off what has been a groundbreaking year for transgender people in the media, ABC Family announced on Thursday it has a new documentary series in the works that will focus on a teenage boy dealing with his father’s transition.

“My Transparent Life” is the latest TV show to feature the experiences of a transgender person, following in the footsteps of Netflix’s “Orange Is the New Black,” and Amazon’s “Transparent.” With Ryan Seacrest Productions (RSP) and a major television network at the helm, however, this docu-series stands to pull the transgender community further into the mainstream than ever before, where it could significantly reduce prejudices that plague the population.

“At RSP, we love family stories, and we couldn’t be more excited that ABC Family is helping us share this heartwarming story of how an ordinary teenager [Ben] grapples with a challenging and unexpected family situation,” Seacrest said in a statement. “We feel audiences will find Ben’s story relatable on a number of different levels, because at the end of the day, family is family unconditionally.”

Docu-series to take transgender experience mainstream MSNBC

Shut up.

Ya are, Blanche, ya are a homophobic bigot. Anyone that so liberally uses the F-word for gay man is a homophobic bigot.

Read the link Dumb as Fuck. What they are doing is what is recommended by medical professionals who deal with gender dysphoria. The child's treatment has nothing to do with her parents being gay other than they are, hopefully, better equipped to handle than someone, say, like you.

I don't use "the f word" which by the way , the f word is fuck, not faggot, to describe gay men.. Ask Howey if I've ever called him a faggot.

I use the term to degrade faggots of either gender who are stupid. No different than I have NEVER called Mad_Cabbie a n!gger, but certainly would call a stupid black person a n!gger in a heart beat. Yes, it's meant to degrade , so is you calling me dumber than dirt bear, want to give a logical explanation of the difference? You of course can't.

SeaBytch, you will NEVER be able to corner me in a debate, you are simply stupid. You admit that the government has always defined marriage, all the while screaming that the government shouldn't be allowed to define marriage. How stupid is that?

Shut up.

I see that in your world, you still aren't providing any facts or studies to back up your assertions. Funny that...
You wait for studies. I state the obvious, but you cant see through your agenda. Typical liberal ideologue. I don't need a study to tell me who are men and who are women

Shut up.

I don't use "the f word" which by the way , the f word is fuck, not faggot, to describe gay men.. Ask Howey if I've ever called him a faggot.

I use the term to degrade faggots of either gender who are stupid. No different than I have NEVER called Mad_Cabbie a n!gger, but certainly would call a stupid black person a n!gger in a heart beat. Yes, it's meant to degrade , so is you calling me dumber than dirt bear, want to give a logical explanation of the difference? You of course can't.

SeaBytch, you will NEVER be able to corner me in a debate, you are simply stupid. You admit that the government has always defined marriage, all the while screaming that the government shouldn't be allowed to define marriage. How stupid is that?

You use the term, that makes you a homophobic bigot. That gays make you feel icky and that you have an aversion to them makes you a homophobic bigot.

When did I say that the government shouldn't be allowed to define marriage?

Shut up.

You use the term, that makes you a homophobic bigot. That gays make you feel icky and that you have an aversion to them makes you a homophobic bigot.

When did I say that the government shouldn't be allowed to define marriage?

Um, there was already a thread on this stupid, most people here agree, using a derogatory term doesn't make one a homophobe.

Oh, and as for when you said that a government shouldn't be allowed to define marriage , how about in the thread about CA Prop 8 which DEFINED marriage? LOL you truly are stupid.

Shut up.

You wait for studies. I state the obvious, but you cant see through your agenda. Typical liberal ideologue. I don't need a study to tell me who are men and who are women

You stated your opinion...which is not supported by any actual evidence. I provided you the evidence, you choose to ignore it because it doesn't fit your world view.

Shut up.

You stated your opinion...which is not supported by any actual evidence. I provided you the evidence, you choose to ignore it because it doesn't fit your world view.

So, you believe that what studies show about children of same sex parents is the most important factor?

Forum List

Back