We're Getting Married!

Really? You doubt that do you? I spent 20 years in the Coast Guard, Dumber than Dirt so I risked my life for Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists and the occasional Satanist. (Story for another day). I now serve the voters of my community regardless of their race, religion, gender, nation of origin, sexual orientation AND political affiliation. Some of my best and favorite "customers" (regular candidates and Central Committee Members) are Christian Republicans. They get the same excellent quality service from me that the liberal, gay Green Party members do.

Yes, I absolutely have suggested that peer pressure be used on churches to accept their gay and lesbian brothers and sisters just as people put pressure on the Mormons to accept blacks into their church and then into positions of leadership. I have said it over and over, I'm not ashamed of my desire to see churches be more accepting. My position echos that of young people who are turning away from the church because of their positions on gays.

You are trying to compare unrelated things. My wanting churches to accpet gays is in no way, shape or form, akin to someone wanting someone else to change their sexual orientation (and not just because you can't you know).

I've answered your questions, now answer mine. Do you object to the public pressure put on the Mormon church to accept blacks, yes or no?

Peer pressure is the correct way to effect change, government dictate is not.

do you see the difference?

and for one final time, race and sexual orientation are not analogous.

I'm not advocating for the government to force churches. I'm completely and 100% opposed to such a thing.

Got another Strawman?

For the final time, race and sexual orientation are not being compared, the discrimination is.

Were the Mormons opposed to blacks in their churches for religious reasons? Yes they were. Did public pressure put on the Mormons change the way they did business? Yes it did. Is that analogous with churches now changing their stance on gays due to public pressure? Yes it is.

you say one thing and want something entirely different. you want the government to mandate societal change regarding acceptance of homosexuality as a normal human condition.

that will only get you more opposition. people do not react favorably to being told how they must think and what they must believe.

my advice-------------------shut the fuck up about it and let it happen naturally over time. But I know that is like telling a gator to become a vegetarian.

Why should anyone 'shut the fuck up' about demanding their rights?

The Loving's didn't 'shut the fuck up' - they went to court and won- and the law changed- 20 years before change of public opinion happened 'naturally'.

Demanding the end of mixed race marriage bans did not generate more opposition to mixed race marriage bans- it lead to less opposition to mixed race marriage bans. The same is happening with gay marriage bans- already public opinion has shifted from opposition to support.

When gay couples can conceive a child, I'll change my opinion. Until then, same sex marriage does not equate
You stupid ignorant clump of dog shit. Making a child has nothing to do with love or marriage.

I'm not advocating for the government to force churches. I'm completely and 100% opposed to such a thing.

Got another Strawman?

For the final time, race and sexual orientation are not being compared, the discrimination is.

Were the Mormons opposed to blacks in their churches for religious reasons? Yes they were. Did public pressure put on the Mormons change the way they did business? Yes it did. Is that analogous with churches now changing their stance on gays due to public pressure? Yes it is.

you say one thing and want something entirely different. you want the government to mandate societal change regarding acceptance of homosexuality as a normal human condition.

that will only get you more opposition. people do not react favorably to being told how they must think and what they must believe.

my advice-------------------shut the fuck up about it and let it happen naturally over time. But I know that is like telling a gator to become a vegetarian.

The Loving's didn't 'shut the fuck up' - they went to court and won- and the law changed- 20 years before change of public opinion happened 'naturally'.

Demanding the end of mixed race marriage bans did not generate more opposition to mixed race marriage bans- it lead to less opposition to mixed race marriage bans. The same is happening with gay marriage bans- already public opinion has shifted from opposition to support.

When gay couples can conceive a child, I'll change my opinion. Until then, same sex marriage does not equate

Oh I am quite confident that you will never be able to conceive of treating homosexuals equally.

I've defined Equality for you ...Learn the definition
No, jism licker. What you've described is homophobia and ignorance.

Neither of us "bred" our child, yet it's obvious were better parents than any homophobe like you.

spoken like a true buttfucker

Did you know that some of the most vocal homophobes turned out to be closet homosexuals? Your disgust may be a form of disguise?

Top 5 homophobes who turned out to be gay City Pages
He's got circles around his right eye from too much glory hole viewing. And a stiff jaw. :)

who else around here made their own thread to announce their marriage: ?

asshole

Another angry right-winger? Many members make threads announcing the birth of a child, their children's graduation, engagements, etc.....why do you have such a sour attitude?

really?

I never see what you claim

Well no wonder....you've been here 4 years and you only have 6,000 posts......that's like 4+ posts a day.....you aren't going to see much at that rate, so quit whining.

Last edited:
now that gay marriage is legal everywhere, I think?, what will gays have to bitch about to bring attention to themselves?

Well, you certainly will have a lot to bitch about, to bring attention to yourself, since it seems to bother you a lot!:D

Got another Strawman?

So, you are pro making marriage illegal for couple who can't procreate........................ Weird.
nobody make anytihng illeagal

Got another Strawman?

You stupid ignorant clump of dog shit. Making a child has nothing to do with love or marriage.

Why are gay people so hostile?..Have your civil unions. Marriage is between a man and a women husband and wife:thup:

Got another Strawman?

So, you are pro making marriage illegal for couple who can't procreate........................ Weird.

Got another Strawman?

Why are gay people so hostile?..Have your civil unions. Marriage is between a man and a women husband and wife:thup:

It's not hostility, cretin. I'm trying to educate you.

Got another Strawman?

Got another Strawman?

"between a man and a women".

Plural.

I like how you think!!!

Plural.

I like how you think!!!

He wishes.

I'm surprised he's not saying it's between a man and a sock ala' Yurt.

Plural.

I like how you think!!!

He wishes.

Yes. Yurt's married to his sock. Lambchop.

Did you know that some of the most vocal homophobes turned out to be closet homosexuals? Your disgust may be a form of disguise?

Top 5 homophobes who turned out to be gay City Pages
He's got circles around his right eye from too much glory hole viewing. And a stiff jaw. :)

who else around here made their own thread to announce their marriage: ?

asshole

Another angry right-winger? Many members make threads announcing the birth of a child, their children's graduation, engagements, etc.....why do you have such a sour attitude?

really?

I never see what you claim

If you don't like the thread, get the fuck out.

\
did I rain on your attention parade?

Got another Strawman?

but it should.

JROC SAID:

"Marriage is between a man and a women husband and wife."

Nonsense.

Marriage is between two consenting adult partners entering into a contract of commitment recognized by the state, same- or opposite-sex.

Same-sex couples are currently eligible to enter into marriage contracts, which is why it's un-Constitutional for states to deny gay Americans access to laws they're eligible to participate in.

You're at liberty to express your unwarranted fear and hatred of gay Americans, but you are not at liberty to seek to codify that fear and hate.

Plural.

I like how you think!!!

He wishes.

roflllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Plural.

I like how you think!!!

He wishes.

Yes. Yurt's married to his sock. Lambchop.

Well, at least he's fucking the soft and squischy meat.

howey proudly calls himself a fag....so the fag is getting married, makes a thread about it and can't stop posting about me

:lol:

JROC SAID:

Nonsense.

Marriage is between two consenting adult partners entering into a contract of commitment recognized by the state, same- or opposite-sex.

Same-sex couples are currently eligible to enter into marriage contracts, which is why it's un-Constitutional for states to deny gay Americans access to laws they're eligible to participate in.

You're at liberty to express your unwarranted fear and hatred of gay Americans, but you are not at liberty to seek to codify that fear and hate.

Once again you expose your ignorance.

Of course he is at liberty to try to get a Constitutional Amendment making gay marriage illegal.

Good luck with that, but the ignorant opinion that it can't be done is well, ignorant.

JROC SAID:

Nonsense.

Right!! State law, state constitutions, and I don't hate gay people. I detest the militant left wing, tyrannical, "LBGT"community who attempt to strike fear in and even cause people to loose their job if they don't agree with their gay "marriage" crap. Civil unions which could essentially be same thing is just not good enough for them it must be "marriage"

Really? You doubt that do you? I spent 20 years in the Coast Guard, Dumber than Dirt so I risked my life for Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists and the occasional Satanist. (Story for another day). I now serve the voters of my community regardless of their race, religion, gender, nation of origin, sexual orientation AND political affiliation. Some of my best and favorite "customers" (regular candidates and Central Committee Members) are Christian Republicans. They get the same excellent quality service from me that the liberal, gay Green Party members do.

Yes, I absolutely have suggested that peer pressure be used on churches to accept their gay and lesbian brothers and sisters just as people put pressure on the Mormons to accept blacks into their church and then into positions of leadership. I have said it over and over, I'm not ashamed of my desire to see churches be more accepting. My position echos that of young people who are turning away from the church because of their positions on gays.

You are trying to compare unrelated things. My wanting churches to accpet gays is in no way, shape or form, akin to someone wanting someone else to change their sexual orientation (and not just because you can't you know).

I've answered your questions, now answer mine. Do you object to the public pressure put on the Mormon church to accept blacks, yes or no?

Got another Strawman?

No Fishy, that's what you believe gays fight for civil marriage equality is, but that's just your own drama taking over control of your common sense.

My civil marriage does not tell you how to think or believe. You are still free to be a homophobic bigot, you will just get vilified for it. Wah.

I am neither homophobic or a bigot. YOU are the bigot in this arena. You are intolerant of anyone who does not agree with you. That makes you a bigot.

Fishy, you are the dictionary definition of a homophobic bigot. You have an aversion to and wish to discriminate against gays. Dictionary definition.

I am intolerant of intolerance. I can live with that.

And likewise you can't prove I wasnt born a Christian who believes being gay is a sin

That one's easy...religion is a choice and not an immutable trait whereas sexuality is well accepted in scientific circles to be an immutable trait. People don't choose their orientation, whereas they most certainly choose their religion. They do choose to act upon their natural or god given inclinations, but the feelings themselves are not a choice.

Christianity itself requires that you make a choice to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

Some people are born feeling compelled to be religious.

Prove I'm wrong

Legally both religion and sexuality are considered to be immutable traits.

And that doesn't require that one is born with either a religious compulsion or a sexual preference.

I was going by the definition of immutable:

im·mu·ta·ble
adjective \(ˌ)i(m)-ˈmyü-tə-bəl\
: unable to be changed
: not capable of or susceptible to change

Where, legally, has religion been declared an immutable characteristic?

Are bi-sexual "immutable" should they be allowed one spouse of each gender?

You only get to marry one person at a time here, anything else is illegal. Do you find more than just your current spouse attractive?

Forum List

Back