We're just seeing the initial shocks...

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
It's going to get much, much worse:

"Wait until people have to actually start using their new insurance, and perhaps the biggest surprise of all will be waiting..."

"
That’s right — not only have premiums doubled in the individual markets, the coverage has gotten worse in a very concrete way. The new system has now opened a wide chasm between the employer and individual markets on actual cost coverage, too:"

"
To promote the Oct. 1 debut of the exchanges, the online marketplaces where consumers can shop and buy insurance,Obama administration and Illinois officials touted the lower-than-expected monthly premiums that would make insurance more affordable for millions of Americans. But a Tribune analysis shows that 21 of the 22 lowest-priced plansoffered on the Illinois health insurance exchange for Cook Countyhave annual deductibles of more than $4,000 for an individual and $8,000 for family coverage.
"Those deductibles, which represent the out-of-pocket money consumers must spend on health care before most insurance benefits kick in, are higher than what many consumers expected or may be able to stomach, benefit experts said. By comparison, people who buy health insurance through their employer have an average individual deductible of just more than $1,100"

"
Millions of Americans may be wrestling with computer glitches to try to sign up for Obamacare — but many people eligible just won’t bother and will pay a price for it.
Some will flout the mandate to buy coverage on ideological grounds, a health insurance version of civil disobedience.
Some will opt for the penalty because it’s cheaper than paying for insurance, even with subsidies — as long as they don’t get sick and have to pay their own medical bills.
And some are so confused about the president’s health care law that they may not even realize they have to pay a penalty — or a tax, as the Supreme Court called it — until they get slapped with the fine when they file their 2014 tax returns. And sign-up rates may be affected, too, if the technical problems on the exchange websites persist.
"If you have to pay the first $4000 out of your own pocket on insurance premiums that have doubled, why bother at all?"

Why indeed...

If you think the ObamaCare exchanges and premiums were bad ? « Hot Air

No, this is what you get when corrupt progressives run the govt.

"Wait until people have to actually start using their new insurance, and perhaps the biggest surprise of all will be waiting..."

"
That’s right — not only have premiums doubled in the individual markets, the coverage has gotten worse in a very concrete way. The new system has now opened a wide chasm between the employer and individual markets on actual cost coverage, too:"

"
To promote the Oct. 1 debut of the exchanges, the online marketplaces where consumers can shop and buy insurance,Obama administration and Illinois officials touted the lower-than-expected monthly premiums that would make insurance more affordable for millions of Americans. But a Tribune analysis shows that 21 of the 22 lowest-priced plansoffered on the Illinois health insurance exchange for Cook Countyhave annual deductibles of more than $4,000 for an individual and $8,000 for family coverage.
"Those deductibles, which represent the out-of-pocket money consumers must spend on health care before most insurance benefits kick in, are higher than what many consumers expected or may be able to stomach, benefit experts said. By comparison, people who buy health insurance through their employer have an average individual deductible of just more than $1,100"

"
Millions of Americans may be wrestling with computer glitches to try to sign up for Obamacare — but many people eligible just won’t bother and will pay a price for it.
Some will flout the mandate to buy coverage on ideological grounds, a health insurance version of civil disobedience.
Some will opt for the penalty because it’s cheaper than paying for insurance, even with subsidies — as long as they don’t get sick and have to pay their own medical bills.
And some are so confused about the president’s health care law that they may not even realize they have to pay a penalty — or a tax, as the Supreme Court called it — until they get slapped with the fine when they file their 2014 tax returns. And sign-up rates may be affected, too, if the technical problems on the exchange websites persist.
"If you have to pay the first $4000 out of your own pocket on insurance premiums that have doubled, why bother at all?"

Why indeed...

It's so not about Obamacare anymore. Better catch up with Cruz and friends, you are so yesterday.

When I see a Hot Air link, my first thought is, do I really have the energy today to go through and show how much of their story is bullshit?

Enjoy the ride. This is what you get when industry runs the govt.

I dont recall "industry" passing any bills. That would ahve been Nancy Pelosi's House and Harry Reid's Senate.

I think Moonglow is referring to the billions of dollars that have come into the hands of politicians since the passing of Citizens United. Let's see....Does Marvin Adelson ring any bells? And please, don't make me post for the 100th time about the $500M the Koch brothers have pumped into political coffers....

I dont recall "industry" passing any bills. That would ahve been Nancy Pelosi's House and Harry Reid's Senate.

So you are proving that you know nothing about how politics really work?

That would be you, asswipe.

Ultimately Congress passes laws and the president signs them. Period. No sense blaming "industry". The pols used industry as much as the other way around.

I think Moonglow is referring to the billions of dollars that have come into the hands of politicians since the passing of Citizens United. Let's see....Does Marvin Adelson ring any bells? And please, don't make me post for the 100th time about the $500M the Koch brothers have pumped into political coffers....

You mean George Soros and Moveon.org?
CU had nothing to do with health care reform, beet-breath.

So you are proving that you know nothing about how politics really work?

That would be you, asswipe.

Ultimately Congress passes laws and the president signs them. Period. No sense blaming "industry". The pols used industry as much as the other way around.

Still dense to the fact that through PAC's and secret donors those making the laws are very persuaded to allow those with the sweetest pot to get the laws passed that benefit their industry. Not to mention other perks from daily lobbyists. That is how politics really work.

Do you have a point?

Oh wait, I know your point.....just let them do whatever they like. Because nothing matters.

Got it.

"

"

"

Why indeed...

I have purchased insurance for years with deductibles of $2500 or more per person. We never hit our deductible. With all preventative care covered 100%, very few people will hit their deductibles. If they know they are going to hit their deductibles, then they should buy a gold plan and pay more. Insurance is to protect you against huge bills if you really get sick. It should not cover every single thing. That is part of the reason costs have gone so out of control.

True. And we should be allowed to choose whether or not we want to pay hundreds a month for coverage that will only help if and when there is a devastating illness or injury.

In two generations in my family, not a single person has had a *devastating* illness. Think of how much we've all paid into the system, that we will never get back.

Forum List

Back