What actions should be taken at the border in respect to the caravan arriving ?

Who willingly moves to a foreign country where you don't know the language and the customs and lifestyle are so different? Who would leave home if they didn't feel it was a desperate situation? If the U.S. would spend a little attention on helping those Central American countries get stabilized and safe, it might solve the problem better, and be money better spent, than a wall.
That's the core of the problem: People desperate to escape their hellhole countries. Without that, none of this would be an issue.

Neither "side" of this argument - for their own reasons - wants to address this obvious point. Why are we not holding the "leaders" (ha) of Mexico and South America responsible for the conditions in their countries? Why are we not having a continent-wide discussion about this?

Why are Mexico's "leaders" (ha) so proud to help their own people escape their country? Isn't that a fair question to ask them?
Don't you think maybe the people of those countries need to hold their leaders accountable first?
Your “experiment” has already failed. When the richest nation in the world turns its back humanitarian refugees, you have betrayed the very values you claim to hold dear.

When you do so because “you can’t afford it”, after giving away trillions of dollars in tax cuts to your wealthiest citizens and corporations, you are a hypocrite.

Your nation’s values are now personal greed and xenophobia.

Your WRONG! This country is still the greatest country on earth. Why else would we even be discussing how to manage ALL THE PEOPLE who want to come here. The fact that so many would risk so much to come here makes it obvious how great this country is.....obvious to everyone except the very stupid, like you.
Instead of ruining this country by coming here they should make their countries great by duplicating effort where they live.
If they had safe places to live and jobs to work, they no doubt would. Who willingly moves to a foreign country where you don't know the language and the customs and lifestyle are so different? Who would leave home if they didn't feel it was a desperate situation?
If the U.S. would spend a little attention on helping those Central American countries get stabilized and safe, it might solve the problem better, and be money better spent, than a wall.
"Attention"? Don't you mean take other peoples money and give it to them? What did Venezuela do to companies that moved down there? Oh' that's right they confiscated their facilities. You are free to take anything you personal own and all of what your little buds will give you and go right on down there and get started. What you are not free to do is demand that others give away what they own to meet your lofty dreams of making everyone equal by taking away from those who already have worked and have been blessed to born from those whose already built a more stabilized country.
Well, their people obviously are not holding them accountable. I suppose we can wait for that to happen, or we could try to get proactive for once.
Like start by cutting off federal program flows to the 1% richest citizens of Mexico and other nations states who now have large criminal cartels that own large enterprises here scarfing up every dollar they can from the citizens coffers? I'm all for keeping those at bay who've invested heavily here in the good ole USA expected federal funds after lobbying like crazy to get what they want paid for by our tax dollars. They believe that they have a right to interfere in our election and government processes yet I haven't heard any libtards on here whining about them. Instead its "Russia".
Who willingly moves to a foreign country where you don't know the language and the customs and lifestyle are so different? Who would leave home if they didn't feel it was a desperate situation? If the U.S. would spend a little attention on helping those Central American countries get stabilized and safe, it might solve the problem better, and be money better spent, than a wall.
That's the core of the problem: People desperate to escape their hellhole countries. Without that, none of this would be an issue.

Neither "side" of this argument - for their own reasons - wants to address this obvious point. Why are we not holding the "leaders" (ha) of Mexico and South America responsible for the conditions in their countries? Why are we not having a continent-wide discussion about this?

Why are Mexico's "leaders" (ha) so proud to help their own people escape their country? Isn't that a fair question to ask them?
Don't you think maybe the people of those countries need to hold their leaders accountable first?
Your “experiment” has already failed. When the richest nation in the world turns its back humanitarian refugees, you have betrayed the very values you claim to hold dear.

When you do so because “you can’t afford it”, after giving away trillions of dollars in tax cuts to your wealthiest citizens and corporations, you are a hypocrite.

Your WRONG! This country is still the greatest country on earth. Why else would we even be discussing how to manage ALL THE PEOPLE who want to come here. The fact that so many would risk so much to come here makes it obvious how great this country is.....obvious to everyone except the very stupid, like you.
Instead of ruining this country by coming here they should make their countries great by duplicating effort where they live.
If they had safe places to live and jobs to work, they no doubt would. Who willingly moves to a foreign country where you don't know the language and the customs and lifestyle are so different? Who would leave home if they didn't feel it was a desperate situation?
If the U.S. would spend a little attention on helping those Central American countries get stabilized and safe, it might solve the problem better, and be money better spent, than a wall.
"Attention"? Don't you mean take other peoples money and give it to them? What did Venezuela do to companies that moved down there? Oh' that's right they confiscated their facilities. You are free to take anything you personal own and all of what your little buds will give you and go right on down there and get started. What you are not free to do is demand that others give away what they own to meet your lofty dreams of making everyone equal by taking away from those who already have worked and have been blessed to born from those whose already built a more stabilized country.
Sounds to me like you are being a stingy bitch. Which would make more sense? Spending 25 mil on a Wall to keep people out, or 25 mil to keep those people home? You choose.
I already made my choice. Send the communist looking for a social upgrade home and let them take your communist loving ass with them. If twenty-five million is to be spent it can be utilized right here taking care of our own poor.

Communism: anything that is other than the undefined religion of whatever is the opposite.

1. Should they be allowed to cross into the United States ??

No

2. Why didn't they find refuge in Mexico ??

Because Mexico does not want them.

3. Should the national guard set temporary camps up that will feed them, vett them, and then turn them back into the direction from which they came ??

No, and they should be denied any aid. If Mexico want to aid them, that is their business.

4. Should the nation listen to their stories all about the horrors in which they are fleeing from, and if believed, then go with them back to their country, make war with the forces within that country in which caused them to flee to begin with, and help to liberate their Homeland for their soon to be triumphant return ??

No, let Mexico do it if they feel the need to help those people.
No one would be listening to them or even know about them if Trump's hair hadn't caught fire over them a month ago. Invaders, my ass.

What do you call them then?

They do not have the legal right to enter this country and to attempt to illegally is invading our border.

Old Lady the reality is this Nation has borders and immigration laws that should be followed but for some reason the left feel those laws should be ignored.

Also Old Lady the fact is Mexico encourages illegal migration into this country and turn a blind eye to the illegal migration through it country, and why?

Simple, Mexico believe if enough illegals from Mexico and Central America flood our Nation it will put a drain on our resources while with the hope of causing havoc within our border.

Now Old Lady imagine what the laws are in Mexico if you overstayed your visa or went there illegally and went to work?

Now do you believe Mexico has a right to their Immigration Laws and if so why not this country?

I am fair Old Lady but I also know this is Mexico and Central America way to flood this country with it unwanted citizens while sneaking in their criminal element, and if you disagree then you should do more research on this subject matter.

America has no obligation to take Central America unwanted and in fact it is about time to start telling Mexico either take care of business at it border or suffer with the illegals because they will not cross here!

3. Should the national guard set temporary camps up that will feed them, vett them, and then turn them back into the direction from which they came ??

4. Should the nation listen to their stories all about the horrors in which they are fleeing from, and if believed, then go with them back to their country, make war with the forces within that country in which caused them to flee to begin with, and help to liberate their Homeland for their soon to be triumphant return ??
It's perfectly legal to request asylum the way they are; it's just kind of a lot of people at once. Immigrants in the US are doing the same at the Canadian border, you know. Humiliating to me that immigrants are fleeing the US due to a hostile environment. And I think folks like you are to blame.
canadian-border-arrest-vpr-masterson-20170215.jpg
Quit calling these illegal pieces of scum immigrants. It's an affront to the millions who came here LEGALLY. Stay in your own country and clean up your own shitholes.
The people in the caravan are NOT doing anything illegal by requesting asylum. I think if anything WE are screwing up by refusing to process their requests.

How so?

You do realize that Mexico willingly allowed illegal carvan through their country to attack the U.S. Border just because they dislike the idea of the possible border wall, right?

I for one have been against the border wall because it is a waste of money and believe the best way to combat illegal immigration is to:

1. Dry up all legal and illegal resources.

2. Punish all employers that practice in illegal hiring of illegal immigrants.

Do that and poof many will leave.

It's perfectly legal to request asylum the way they are; it's just kind of a lot of people at once. Immigrants in the US are doing the same at the Canadian border, you know. Humiliating to me that immigrants are fleeing the US due to a hostile environment. And I think folks like you are to blame.
Quit calling these illegal pieces of scum immigrants. It's an affront to the millions who came here LEGALLY. Stay in your own country and clean up your own shitholes.
The people in the caravan are NOT doing anything illegal by requesting asylum. I think if anything WE are screwing up by refusing to process their requests.

How so?

You do realize that Mexico willingly allowed illegal carvan through their country to attack the U.S. Border just because they dislike the idea of the possible border wall, right?

I for one have been against the border wall because it is a waste of money and believe the best way to combat illegal immigration is to:

The solution to illegal immigration is to screw over our poor citizens and allow them to rot and die. Dry up all government subsidize.

How so?

The solution to illegal immigration is to screw over our poor citizens and allow them to rot and die. Dry up all government subsidize.

Is that what I wrote according to you?

Also illegal immigrants no matter border jumpers or overstayed Visas are not Citizens nor Residents under the law!

So how will this affect the average Citizen?

They are after the juicy benefits that they get when they come here. That's what they are really after. That, and easy pickings for criminal activity.

There are no “juicy benefits” to coming to the US. They left homes where they at least had health care coverage.

Americans exaggerate the largess of welfare and other subsistence program. The US offers little in the way of assistance to refugees, and leaves them vulnerable to abuses by government officials, aka ICE officers who molest female claimants at will.

There are no “juicy benefits” to coming to the US. They left homes where they at least had health care coverage.

Americans exaggerate the largess of welfare and other subsistence program. The US offers little in the way of assistance to refugees, and leaves them vulnerable to abuses by government officials, aka ICE officers who molest female claimants at will.
You should be down there informing them that they left a much better place than they are trying to get into. They go home and quit acting like criminals trying to jump the fence, every one is happy, problem solved.

Well, their people obviously are not holding them accountable. I suppose we can wait for that to happen, or we could try to get proactive for once.
Like start by cutting off federal program flows to the 1% richest citizens of Mexico and other nations states who now have large criminal cartels that own large enterprises here scarfing up every dollar they can from the citizens coffers? I'm all for keeping those at bay who've invested heavily here in the good ole USA expected federal funds after lobbying like crazy to get what they want paid for by our tax dollars. They believe that they have a right to interfere in our election and government processes yet I haven't heard any libtards on here whining about them. Instead its "Russia".

Sounds to me like you are being a stingy bitch. Which would make more sense? Spending 25 mil on a Wall to keep people out, or 25 mil to keep those people home? You choose.
I already made my choice. Send the communist looking for a social upgrade home and let them take your communist loving ass with them. If twenty-five million is to be spent it can be utilized right here taking care of our own poor.
Nothing I said would lead any reasonable person to think I'm a communist. Rant away; I'm done wasting my time on you.

Nothing I said would lead any reasonable person to think I'm a communist. Rant away; I'm done wasting my time on you.
Good.

How so?

I agree with you on #2, 100%. I don't know what #1 means, exactly.
But Bruce, this is not an attack:
KCMXXQU7GVD7VFWPYSW7FDXX6Q.jpg

Refugee claimants have left everything behind but the clothes on their backs - what they could carry while travelling on foot, if necessary.

Anything they had of any value has been stolen along the way. They are starting over again with nothing.

Contrary what Trump tells you, those who are fleeing are the best - those who are willing to take any risk to succeed. Who are willing to endure any hardship to give their children a better life. The kind of people who made America great in the first place.

No

Because Mexico does not want them.

No, and they should be denied any aid. If Mexico want to aid them, that is their business.

No, let Mexico do it if they feel the need to help those people.
No one would be listening to them or even know about them if Trump's hair hadn't caught fire over them a month ago. Invaders, my ass.

What do you call them then?

They do not have the legal right to enter this country and to attempt to illegally is invading our border.

Old Lady the reality is this Nation has borders and immigration laws that should be followed but for some reason the left feel those laws should be ignored.

Also Old Lady the fact is Mexico encourages illegal migration into this country and turn a blind eye to the illegal migration through it country, and why?

Simple, Mexico believe if enough illegals from Mexico and Central America flood our Nation it will put a drain on our resources while with the hope of causing havoc within our border.

Now Old Lady imagine what the laws are in Mexico if you overstayed your visa or went there illegally and went to work?

Now do you believe Mexico has a right to their Immigration Laws and if so why not this country?

I am fair Old Lady but I also know this is Mexico and Central America way to flood this country with it unwanted citizens while sneaking in their criminal element, and if you disagree then you should do more research on this subject matter.

America has no obligation to take Central America unwanted and in fact it is about time to start telling Mexico either take care of business at it border or suffer with the illegals because they will not cross here!

They do have the legal right to request asylum and to make their case. That right is enshrined in US Law. They are entitled to legally apply for asylum if they fear for their lives if they return to their native countries.

They are looking for safety for themselves and their children. They should complete the requisite paperwork and get the process going.

This is not a “caravan of illegals” as portrayed by FOX News and your idiot President, this is a caravan of legal asylum seekers attempting to enter the US using the legal means available to them.

Feel stupid yet? If not, you should. Your President and the right wing media has lied to you again. Your “hoardes of illegal immigrants are travelling in caravans through Mexico to swarm the border and cross into the US illegally”, has turned into not more than 200 mostly women and children who have travelled together for safety, are now at the US Border, asking for political asylum in the US.

These 200 asylum seekers would cost each US Resident less than one penny per person to feed, clothe and house them for the rest of their lives, but like the Mad Hatter, you’ve “no room, no room”.

It’s not going to cost you $24 million for these people. They’ll get jobs and become contributing members of your nation, like the DACA kids.

Stop vilifying immigrants. They’re not the ones stealing your jobs. They’re the ones who are saving them. Clothing, housing and furnishing the lives of new immigrants drives sales of furniture, clothing, appliances and automobiles.

The numbers Trump showed you are the costs but he took out the contributions to the public purse legal immigrants make. They pay taxes just like citizens. They pay into SS, property taxes, value added taxes, just like citizens. And just like he claimed a trade deficit with Canada when in fact there’s a surplus, immigrants contribute more to the public coffers than they receive in government services.

Immigrants provide a net financial gain to the government. Didn’t you want government to profit on the services they provide?

Debate !!

That’s a tough one-

On one hand, as the leader of the free world we need to extend ourselves to the less fortunate and spread the idea of freedom and liberty against tyranny, but on the other hand, if we allow these people to inundate across our borders we will encourage more people to come, and overwhelm our already stressed system of caring for those unwilling and incapable of caring for themselves.

I know this- if we allow anybody to walk in and tap in, our experiment will fail much sooner.

Dumbass, it’s the peoples money not federal governments.
These people do not deserve immediate assistance, they can wait in line… At the back of the line

Most of the illegals aren't making an asylum claim. They are using established smuggling routes instead. This is how we got DACA to begin with.

Put a bounty on these heads. If the cartels can get away with it, so can we.
We got DACA by HW Bush signing the law on chain migration after Reagan gave them amnesty...
Proven to be a huge mistake, Diminishing return at best.

Most of the cons here want to kill people. One would assume the children there as well. Pro life?

Uh huh.
No we just want invaders to stay on the south side of the border. Its like Palestinians in Gaza jumping on the fence to over into Israel with foreknowledge that a bullet awaits them if that is what they choose to do. That doesn't sound like a wise choice to make it not only affects the recipient of said bullet but their family as well. Ooohh, the choices people make.
In other words you want to kill unarmed people who have committed no violence to you.
No I would consider that they are inflicting and subjecting themselves when they know that is what awaits them if they choose to cross over illegally. That is akin to suicide.

I don't get it. You have no problem with shooting down an innocent child crossing the border illegally but have big issues about life support being turned off for a critically child who is dying.

I don't get it. They are both children.
Look in the mirror, The government has no moral authority

Let the thousands of you claiming to be Christians amass on the border, ready to welcome these refugee sojourners in and provide them with comfortable and safe homes. Don't let trump stop you. You are "believers."
It’s not their job

You know, while the caravan IS at the border, none of them are entering "illegally". They are lining up at the border entrance station and are waiting to see if they can be processed for asylum.

The hold up is coming because the BP says that they don't have enough people to process all of them and that the system is "at full capacity" at this time.

They are camping out on the Mexican side of the border while they are waiting to be processed.

You guys really need to throttle back on the scary rhetoric.

Forum List

Back