What actions should be taken at the border in respect to the caravan arriving ?

Your “experiment” has already failed. When the richest nation in the world turns its back humanitarian refugees, you have betrayed the very values you claim to hold dear.

When you do so because “you can’t afford it”, after giving away trillions of dollars in tax cuts to your wealthiest citizens and corporations, you are a hypocrite.

Your nation’s values are now personal greed and xenophobia.

Your WRONG! This country is still the greatest country on earth. Why else would we even be discussing how to manage ALL THE PEOPLE who want to come here. The fact that so many would risk so much to come here makes it obvious how great this country is.....obvious to everyone except the very stupid, like you.
Instead of ruining this country by coming here they should make their countries great by duplicating effort where they live.

Your assumption that refugees will “ruin this country by coming here” fairly reeks of racism and xenophobia.
This type of deal is bad news for the country, that is why these people should have to wait 12 to 15 years to get into this country

Because the “richest nation in the world” can’t afford to help 200 women and children who are running for their lives? The “land of freedom and opportunity” offers no chance for either to people strong and resilient enough to flee, and to make the journey.

Just having made the journey has taken months of planning and preparation, as well as hard work and dedication and resourcefulness. Aren’t those the traits you’re looking for to succeed in your country?
Freeloading sucks, we already have too much in this country...

1. Should they be allowed to cross into the United States ??

2. Why didn't they find refuge in Mexico ??

3. Should the national guard set temporary camps up that will feed them, vett them, and then turn them back into the direction from which they came ??

4. Should the nation listen to their stories all about the horrors in which they are fleeing from, and if believed, then go with them back to their country, make war with the forces within that country in which caused them to flee to begin with, and help to liberate their Homeland for their soon to be triumphant return ??

Put them on shuttles ...
Take them to the airport ...
And give them the choice of a free plane ticket to ...
Canada, Britain, France, Germany, Russia, Norway, Sweden, China, North Korea, Venezuela or South Africa.

One of those ought to suit their desires ... :thup:

What do you think those places would do with them ??

3. Should the national guard set temporary camps up that will feed them, vett them, and then turn them back into the direction from which they came ??

4. Should the nation listen to their stories all about the horrors in which they are fleeing from, and if believed, then go with them back to their country, make war with the forces within that country in which caused them to flee to begin with, and help to liberate their Homeland for their soon to be triumphant return ??
It's perfectly legal to request asylum the way they are; it's just kind of a lot of people at once. Immigrants in the US are doing the same at the Canadian border, you know. Humiliating to me that immigrants are fleeing the US due to a hostile environment. And I think folks like you are to blame.
canadian-border-arrest-vpr-masterson-20170215.jpg
Quit calling these illegal pieces of scum immigrants. It's an affront to the millions who came here LEGALLY. Stay in your own country and clean up your own shitholes.
The people in the caravan are NOT doing anything illegal by requesting asylum. I think if anything WE are screwing up by refusing to process their requests.
Gotta take a stand sooner or later, or this country will be a country no more. How about you getting together with your buds, and go to Honduras to petition that government to do right by its citizens, then report back here as to your findings. If no success in your journey, then get out the way, and let the US military go there, occupy the place, implement Martial law, and return these people back safely to their Homelands.
"Racist" Is a Richkid's Term

We have no obligation at all to these obsolete Indian savages. Blaming the Honduran ruling class instead of the nation's race is responsible for a false obligation laid on our working-class military to get killed for regime change.
This is the problem with this country now, it has no dam backbone anymore. So instead of fixing the problems that are causing us problems, we should just screw ourselves over in anything relating to world affairs that end up hitting us hard here at home ??

It's time to get some backbone in this country again, and we need to start truly standing up for the morals and values we claim to have in this country once again.

So where do you draw the line?
There are millions upon millions of starving people around the world,are you suggesting we bring them all here?

A news segment this morning showed a San Bernardino family
working on their bedroom in hopes of getting the opportunity
to help someone in the caravan when they arrive.

While this is already there ... :thup:

TENTS_t600_t800.jpg

Yeah, but what if those refugees, immigrants, migrants or what ever they claim to be, go to someone's home in America, only to then be abused, killed, raped, exploited etc. ?? Who will be vetting those Americans that are standing at the ready to bring these people into their homes ??

This country don't have very nice people living here either, just as we read about it and see it everyday here.

Put them on shuttles ...
Take them to the airport ...
And give them the choice of a free plane ticket to ...
Canada, Britain, France, Germany, Russia, Norway, Sweden, China, North Korea, Venezuela or South Africa.

One of those ought to suit their desires ... :thup:

What do you think those places would do with them ??

The countries I listed seldom have a problem suggesting what we should do ... My guess would be they think they have a better plan.
If we are going to embrace the great melting pot experiment, then let's go global with those ambitions.

Along the lines of #2, The people in the caravan were supposedly from Honduras, that said, if their claimed reason for fleeing Honduras was as some have asserted, "they were fleeing for their safety, as it was dangerous," then the following should have been done.
a. Stopped fleeing Honduras once they reached El Salvador, next door and obtained sanctuary and safety (they speak Spanish there as well).
b. Stopped fleeing Honduras once they reached Guatemala, next door and obtained sanctuary and safety (they speak Spanish there as well).
c. Stopped fleeing Honduras once they reached Belize and gotten sanctuary (a quiet country that has a good number of American ex-pats, the host government speaks Spanish and they can get jobs in the tourist areas).
d. Stopped fleeing Honduras once they reached Mexico (they speak Spanish there as well).
There was no legitimate reason for them to head for the US. They are actually being sent to the US for the goal of open borders and end the sovereignty of the US, as a nation and thus destroy the fabric of our Constitution.

Yeah, but what if those refugees, immigrants, migrants or what ever they claim to be, go to someone's home in America, only to then be abused, killed, raped, exploited etc. ?? Who will be vetting those Americans that are standing at the ready to bring these people into their homes ??

This country don't have very nice people living here either, just as we read about it and see it everyday here.

I don't have a problem vetting the people I invite to stay in my home.
They are free to leave when they are (or I am) no longer comfortable with the arrangements.

If someone wants to share their house with a foreign national refugee, or a homeless person ... That's their business.
If they are breaking the law ... That's law enforcement's job to manage, and still none of my business.

We might as well forget about national security if we are just going to let anyone that feels like becoming an American come in at their request.
Don't get me wrong ... I don't have a problem with whatever y'all decide ... I have plenty of places I can go if people screw things up.
Other than that ... I am well armed, and have decent security measures in place here already.

So the conservative response is to murder them or enslave them. Christ, this country has some truly despicable people in it.

This coming from the party that glorifies murdering babies under the guise of "pro-choice". Disgusting.

It's a surreal event and more than a little comical. Like, in what universe can this group of gypsie refugees announce their intentions to invade for weeks and expect to not meet total rejection at the border? We had that long to schedule for work enough border patrol and put them there...lol. If they were trying to escape something in their home country, if that's their reason, then their success is more a function of how far they get from there than whether or not they get into the US. It's dumb.

If I were like a rwnj, though, I'd call it a false flag or some bs. The Koch bros are paying these refugees to march a thousand miles and break the law so trump can gain support for his anti brown people policies. xD I'm center left, though. Or to the rwnj's they'd probably call me radical left. But here I will take the position that they should handily be rejected at the border with minimal to no support.

They should be denied entrance and any excessive help. If Mexico, the U.N., or charities want to help them then go for it. It's one thing to look at the illegals or dreamers that have been here for decades, are by all means part of our society, and say there must be something we can do to bridge this problem for the good ones. It's a whole different level to think they can announce their border crossing and the authorities won't be there to enforce the law. It's nothing to do with the type of people or their story. It's strictly objective. I have no hate for brown skinned people. I don't think all undocumented immigrants are criminals beyond that. I don't hate diversity or non western white culture.

If there is some policy on the books to deal with their circumstane that has been legislated and not found unconstitutional, then do that. In general i hope that someone helps them if they were that bad off but it probably could have happened one or two countries over from where they started. I dont care a whole lot though. I'm pretty far removed from the problem.

Forum List

Back