What actions should be taken at the border in respect to the caravan arriving ?

Every time I read an immigration thread, it destroys a little more of whatever faith I had left in humankind.

The question you should ask what can be done to fix the country those people are fleeing from?

Those at the border are not immigrants but refugees and some are members of MS-13 and Cartels.
I have already argued for that. No one wants their tax payer pennies spent on such a thing. If those folks on the border are MS-13 or involved in cartels, they won't be accepted. Refugees are vetted, you know. I still don't see a big difference between immigrants and refugees. I realize it's a different program, but the end result is the same--someone from a foreign country is allowed to live here.

Handle it like we did in the past.
Send in UN troops to their home country and make a green zone and help them from there.
We have no obligation to let them into the US.
Of course the UN wants them here to further the globalist agenda so dont expect any help from that front.

We may not have a legal obligation, but do we have a moral obligation?

Q. "Families First" has been a talking point of Social Conservatives. Will we see a massive call by their Preachers to provide food, clothing, shelter? Or a silent disregard for those families seeking a safe harbor.?

Every time I read an immigration thread, it destroys a little more of whatever faith I had left in humankind.

The question you should ask what can be done to fix the country those people are fleeing from?

Those at the border are not immigrants but refugees and some are members of MS-13 and Cartels.
I have already argued for that. No one wants their tax payer pennies spent on such a thing. If those folks on the border are MS-13 or involved in cartels, they won't be accepted. Refugees are vetted, you know. I still don't see a big difference between immigrants and refugees. I realize it's a different program, but the end result is the same--someone from a foreign country is allowed to live here.

Refugees can be sent home when their country is no longer a threat where as a immigrant come here for a better life and not fleeing possible death squads.

Also please do not confuse me with one of those that live in Conspiracy Ideas because I will read and read until I understand much more.

Also being involved in the communities and seeing what Cartels and Gangs do on this side of the border, well it might be better to deny the illegal because Cartels and Gangs will use their status against the illegal and make them slaves...

Send in UN troops to their home country and make a green zone and help them from there.
Of course the UN wants them here to further the globalist agenda so dont expect any help from that front.

Q. "Families First" has been a talking point of Social Conservatives. Will we see a massive call by their Preachers to provide food, clothing, shelter? Or a silent disregard for those families seeking a safe harbor.?

Fuck em.
We cant take in everyone who claims hardship in their country of origin.

I support putting hundreds/thousands of land mines along the border because land mines are dirt cheap. Third World vermin will stop trying to sneak into the US if they know they're almost certain to blow up. Or defend the border with one of those helicopter-mounted Gattling guns with the spinning barrel. I am sick to my back teeth of the ingrate scum south of us using America for a free ride while cursing our very existence at the same time.

Boy, you're really touchy about this, aren't you? Why is that? I am not going to play semantics games with you, BlackSand. The comments on this thread about people seeking to enter this country are just disheartening. As they usually are

How would your desire to argue with me be a result of my being touchy ... :dunno:
Are you suggesting I should just accept your nonsense?

It's more likely you don't like being challenged ... Especially when your idealistic view of circumstances is squarely in the crosshairs.

Refugees can be sent home when their country is no longer a threat where as a immigrant come here for a better life and not fleeing possible death squads.

Also please do not confuse me with one of those that live in Conspiracy Ideas because I will read and read until I understand much more.

Also being involved in the communities and seeing what Cartels and Gangs do on this side of the border, well it might be better to deny the illegal because Cartels and Gangs will use their status against the illegal and make them slaves...
I think it's only Temporary Protected Status that can be sent back home, Bruce. Once they are accepted, I think refugees can stay (maybe unless they commit a serious crime?) We had a real bad actor here once who was from a European country. The chief of police told me that if he were convicted of what we were going after him for, he could be deported back to his home country. I hope he did. I haven't seen him around for a couple years.

Boy, you're really touchy about this, aren't you? Why is that? I am not going to play semantics games with you, BlackSand. The comments on this thread about people seeking to enter this country are just disheartening. As they usually are

How would your desire to argue with me be a result of my being touchy ... :dunno:
Are you suggesting I should just accept your nonsense?

It's more likely you don't like being challenged ... Especially when your idealistic view of circumstances is squarely in the crosshairs.

Why are you so touchy about this, Blacksand?
You're not usually so insulting.

First, to answer your question, you must realize that you cannot dictate morality to others. I feel sorry for homeless people, but I don't invite them into my home nor insist they stay in yours

Fuck em.

I take it you're not a Christian, and have no moral imperative to guide you. Of course those who call themselves Christians, are not always gifted with empathy - a set I have named, Callous Conservatives.

That seems to describe you, and your "Fuck em" attitude. I also suppose you feel your right to life, liberty and happiness is most important, and having you tax dollars feed infants and children makes you very unhappy.

Fuck em.

I take it you're not a Christian, and have no moral imperative to guide you. Of course those who call themselves Christians, are not always gifted with empathy - a set I have named, Callous Conservatives.

That seems to describe you, and your "Fuck em" attitude. I also suppose you feel your right to life, liberty and happiness is most important, and having you tax dollars feed infants and children makes you very unhappy.
Who told you I was a Christian? And tell me you self-righteous prick, how many homeless people do you house and feed since you've obviously never paid taxes?

Last edited:
Why are you so touchy about this, Blacksand?
You're not usually so insulting.

It isn't being touchy ... That is reserved for people who put their heart (emotions) before their head.

I am not necessarily insulting you either.
It's not like someone would enjoy their ideas being challenged ... But, that's the same for everyone.

The difference is that your emotional pleas and good intentions never outweigh more productive responses.
You want to think the best is possible, you want to think your government is capable ...
You want to think that you can help people and the world around you with what you believe is compassion.

In reality ... What you think doesn't make a bit of difference outside of a voting booth and the politician you put in charge.
For me ... What someone does is what makes a difference and I don't necessarily need to know what they think.
The people who can accomplish that, without sending me a bill ... Are actually more likely to end up getting my support in the longrun.

You aren't a bad person Old Lady ... I've just been around the block enough times I know it isn't a Pollyanna world we are living in.

Fuck em.

So where do you draw the line?
There are millions upon millions of starving people around the world,are you suggesting we bring them all here?

There are millions upon millions of starving people around the world,are you suggesting we bring them all here?

A news segment this morning showed a San Bernardino family
working on their bedroom in hopes of getting the opportunity
to help someone in the caravan when they arrive.

While this is already there ... :thup:

TENTS_t600_t800.jpg

A news segment this morning showed a San Bernardino family
working on their bedroom in hopes of getting the opportunity
to help someone in the caravan when they arrive.

While this is already there ... :thup:

TENTS_t600_t800.jpg

But those people wont get them the attention through virtue signaling like a newly minted refugee/illegal.

But those people wont get them the attention through virtue signaling like a newly minted refugee/illegal.

Oh. perhaps ... I still think that is a kind way to suggest they are shopping for more productive demographics on election day.

Fuck em.

Who even asked for that? These are people who have come to our border on their own.

Fuck em.

Who even asked for that? These are people who have come to our border on their own.

And they can turn around and go home on their own.
Just because they reach our border doesnt give them the right to stay.

Refugees are not illegals and are in no danger of being turned into gang skated.

What you're making an argument for is sanctuary cities to protect illegals from predatory gangs. That’s the point and the purpose of sanctuary cities.

First, to answer your question, you must realize that you cannot dictate morality to others. I feel sorry for homeless people, but I don't invite them into my home nor insist they stay in yours

You make an inference I didn't offer in my questions; I'm not inviting them into your home nor mine; nor am I inviting them into the US.

Your feelings of sorrow are as worthless as the promise to pray for those who died or the loved ones who suffer the lose from gun violence. In fact Camus noted such sorrow as nothing more than false pathos.

The question was asked of Social Conservatives; you've never struck me as conservative or social.

Forum List

Back