What are some of your favorite smells?

1586462317498.png

The smell of freshly roasted pistachios in Turkey.

*****SMILE*****

:)

After stepping outside to enjoy a few minutes of the morning sun with coffee & a smoke, I was instantly reminded that spring really is here. I could smell the cottonwood trees. Sure the trees themselves are a PITA with shallow root systems that can break up concrete, and the seeds that make everything look white as snow...but that smell is heavenly to the senses.

Some of my favorite picks...

1. Cottonwood trees

2. Coffee

3. fresh mowed hay field.....lawn grass is good too, but hay is in a class by itself.

4. old fashioned Petunias...…...not the newer hybrid varieties, but the older ones. Usually the large single flowered and darker colored. IF you're lucky will have a wonderful scent that I wish they could bottle up as perfume or room freshener. I love petunias anyway, but when at the garden nursery I'm the one smelling them all to find the old scented varieties. Not an easy task nowadays since most available are the hybrids.

5. Toast.....makes me hungry everytime

6. Popcorn...…...but not burnt

7. Livestock farm.....even though it stinks and can be overwhelming really quick, there is something soothing about it. Years ago, I would have to take a drive thru local farming areas just to get a whiff. Going by the dairy farm at milking time would definitely make my eyes water, even with the windows rolled up, but afterward, I'd feel ready to tackle whatever was before me.

Soooooooo, what are some of your favorites?

Fresh ground coffee in the morning when I grind it. The second thing I do upon waking.

You'd think roasting coffee beans would smell great!!!!
Unfortunately they smell horrible!!

View attachment 321140

The smell of a bread shop in the early morning.

*****SMILE*****

:)

When I was young I worked in a crummy sweatshop of an industrial laundry.

Across the street was a big ole bread making factory. You get to work and soon you were walking about with your nose in the air. Mmmmmmm! Then you start getting hungry and it starts to get really bad. People wandering around with wide nostrils and crazy eyes. Growling, crying, drooling all over... I had a love hate relationship with that damn bakery.

Harlem Avenue Chicago, their is/was a cookie factory there. I used to love the smell of fresh baked cookies in the air

Burning leaves in Autumn,Winter ....fireplaces when wood burning....

Patchouli perfume........Orange blossom perfume.....

Toasted bread....

...and probably a few more that escape me at this moment!:)

Did I say how much I adore Patchouli?

Nowadays I adore this particular French Patchouli Perfume... not your headshop patchouli really.............but the most delicious modern Patchouli you can imagine..............hmmmmmmmmm..... the most exquisite aroma you can ever conceive my friends. Period.:)

Did I say how much I adore Patchouli?

Nowadays I adore this particular French Patchouli Perfume... not your headshop patchouli really.............but the most delicious modern Patchouli you can imagine..............hmmmmmmmmm..... the most exquisite aroma you can ever conceive my friends. Period.:)

Where would someone be able to catch a sniff of this delicious modern Patchouli?

What a great thread. I'm definitely a sound/smell person.

Right now, our Easter Lily is letting off the most wonderful scent. I love that one, hyacinth and lilacs in the spring. I wouldn't say florals are my favorites though. I love warm scents in my home: blends of coffee, cinnamon, maple, etc.

The ocean too.

Forum List

Back