what are the chances Congrees will give authorization?

deltex1

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
Near the Alamo
I say slim to none. Repubs will leave Obabble twisting in the wind (as it were)...while the left, after all they have said about W's reckless behavior, will be emarrassed to support another war.

None.

It was a smart move by Obama. All the finger-waggers who want yet another war (sadly some of them are liberals, but not most) will have to take their case up with Congress and the American people. He can get off the hook for his 'red line' mistake.

None.

It was a smart move by Obama. All the finger-waggers who want yet another war (sadly some of them are liberals, but not most) will have to take their case up with Congress and the American people. He can get off the hook for his 'red line' mistake.

He will still be embarrassed after saying today that bombing is the right thing to do...and that he has the authority to do it no matter what congress votes.
How much more humiliation can he take?

doesn't matter

one more chemical attack and obama sends troops to kill brown people.

kinda funny really

he's going to send troops to kill the soldiers that work for the leaders that ordered the gassing and help the cannibals.

you can't make that up and be taken seriously

doesn't matter

one more chemical attack and obama sends troops to kill brown people.

kinda funny really

he's going to send troops to kill the soldiers that work for the leaders that ordered the gassing and help the cannibals.

you can't make that up and be taken seriously

The troops will not go.

No chance. President limp dick has completely given up any remaining hope that he's a leader or even an intelligent human being. He says stupid things then follows those statements up with stupid actions. He made every wrong choice that could have possibly been made along the way to his surrender speech today. I seriously doubt many dems in congress will even take his calls from here on out. There's no reason to take him seriously any longer.

You are all nuts.

100% congress WILL approve military action. You are all blind.

BTW, we are already starting. Congress approval is simply a minor annoyance to Obama and he ios going to force them to capitulate.

Obama does not need Congressional authorization to attack Syria. The War Powers Resolution gives the President the power to commit armed forces to military action. It allows armed forces to advance the fighting for more than 60 days, with a further 30 day withdrawal period. All without an authorization of the use of military force or a declaration of war from Congress.

Hopefully zero.

Congress is so out of touch with the electorate however in this non-election year, I put the actual chances at somewhere around 75% they will give tacit approval.

I hope I'm wrong.

Hopefully zero.

Congress is so out of touch with the electorate however in this non-election year, I put the actual chances at somewhere around 75% they will give tacit approval.

I hope I'm wrong.

I am not aware of a way to vote tacit approval.

One thing you can be sure of is if congress authorizes the president to use the Military, congress will back the mission unlike the freaking bunch of traitors in the democrat party that authorized Bush to use the Military and then pretended they were part of the jihad.

War should be to conquer or destroy, and predicated on the Constitution. I don't know what they will do but I hope they don't. War should be war - not all this precarious BS. We are too provocative - fuck all these political military actions. :puke3:

Forum List

Back