What are the Democrat House priorities?

TheDude

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2016
U.S.A. gone wild
Not what you desire, but what their words and actions would imply. Be honest. So far I see:

A. Impeach Trump. They don't have a reason to, but it sounds cool and makes them happy. I guess that's what they're paid for.

B. Oppose the wall, which is code for opposing illegal immigration. They can't bring themselves to do the right thing, due to political posturing and the less some one speaks English, the more likely they are to vote Democrat. Suddenly walls don't work, just cuz.

C. Concentrate on racism and feminism to create diversion.

D. Bring attention onto themselves as if they're movie stars. Many of the newly elected Democrats are doing just that.

Trump will probably not be impeached but he will be investigated for the things the republican house refused to even look at. Trump has enjoyed an almost total lack of oversight from congress. It will be interesting to see republicans attempt to make the case that the house has no right to poke it's nose into executive branch business after launching dozens of probes into the Obama WH.

Not what you desire, but what their words and actions would imply. Be honest. So far I see:

A. Impeach Trump. They don't have a reason to, but it sounds cool and makes them happy. I guess that's what they're paid for.

B. Oppose the wall, which is code for opposing illegal immigration. They can't bring themselves to do the right thing, due to political posturing and the less some one speaks English, the more likely they are to vote Democrat. Suddenly walls don't work, just cuz.

D. Bring attention onto themselves as if they're movie stars. Many of the newly elected Democrats are doing just that.
The loud ones seek the above. Many go along to get along. We do have Joe Manchin and gun rights. Pelosi and a do something house versus Ryan's do nothing. Schumer and his lets negotiate style. Most favor Planned Parenthood. DACA. Infrastructure and healthcare. All these need to be negotiated, and probably would have started without the wall issue.

Trump will probably not be impeached but he will be investigated for the things the republican house refused to even look at. Trump has enjoyed an almost total lack of oversight from congress. It will be interesting to see republicans attempt to make the case that the house has no right to poke it's nose into executive branch business after launching dozens of probes into the Obama WH.

That's already accounted for by the OP. You figure that's all they've got? How about raising taxes? I'm sure they're raising taxes.

That's already accounted for by the OP. You figure that's all they've got? How about raising taxes? I'm sure they're raising taxes.
Seeing as how they control only one half of congress it is unlikely that they can pass anything other than spending bills that do little more than fund the government at current levels. They will pass symbolic platform bills that have no chance of passage but their actual legislative agenda will have to wait for 2021.

What a great and full of shit thread!

Pelosi: We won't seek impeachment unless the Mueller investigation uncovers clearly impeachable offenses.

Every other Dem leader: What she said.

A few rank and file Dems: Impeach!!

TheDude : Dems say their 1st priority is to impeach!!

Moron.

Pelosi: We won't seek impeachment unless the Mueller investigation uncovers clearly impeachable offenses.

Moron.
They have already filed articles of impeachment. First day out! Dog!

The house will accomplish absolutely nothing for the next 2 years.
They accomplished nothing except a fat tax cut for the billionaires for the last two years so what else is new? Congress will be tied up investigating/protecting Trump.

Moron.

Who's "they"?

Why don't you know what you are talking about?

Moron.

'They' have not. A single congress person did. The bill is not supported by the vast majority of the Dems.

Forget about impeachment.

The Dems desperately want to run against Trump in 2020.

If they do, in 2021, they'll control all 3 branches of government with a super majority in the senate.

So why would they impeach him?

Moron.

Who's "they"?

Why don't you know what you are talking about?
You do not know what you are talking about moron.

What a great and full of shit thread!

I know it, I meant division.

You could have simply looked it up instead of postig retarded nonsese.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi

You could have simply looked it up instead of postig retarded nonsese.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi

You should check your spelling when challenging a retard.

Here's straight from your link. The retard OP was a bit more honest. Apparently Nancy's first priority is for creating a toxic atmosphere between congress and Trump, right out of the gate. Imagine if Nancy had a real job, she'd have already been canned.

On Priorities in the 116th Congress

“For The People. Lower health care costs by reducing the cost of prescription drugs and preserving preexisting condition benefit, building bigger paychecks by building the infrastructure of America.”

On Working with President Trump

“What matters to me is that he recognize that the Congress of the United States is the first branch of government. That we’re a co-equal branch of government, and that we are, in this, represent the people. And that when we go to the table to speak with him, we’re respectful of the branch that he represents, the Office of the President, and we want him to be respectful of the branch of government we represent. Co-equal.”

“It isn’t so much about him. It’s about the office that he holds. The Presidency of the United States. Sometimes I think that I respect the office he holds more than he does.”

The dems did not force Trump to renege on the deal he agreed to with the gop Senate and House back in Dec.

Forum List

Back