🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What are the REPs doing a Coup? Sure act like it.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
John Boehner invited Netanyahu to speak to congress or give a speech. I thought the protocol was for the leader of one country to be invited by the leader of the other country, but I guess Boehner thinks he is the leader now.

When they put the Ionian lady on after the Speech, I thought she'd never shut up and had to change channels. From what I read Bibi was asked not to come to France but he did, to show some respect for our Pres. of the US you'd think Bibl would of turned Boehner down , but no, that is not what happened. He will come and push for more sanctions and war on Iran and the GOP will love it.

I use to vote Rep, actually never voted for Obama, but in two years I will vote a straight Dem. Ticket. I find the top Reps repulsive.

John Boehner invited Netanyahu to speak to congress or give a speech. I thought the protocol was for the leader of one country to be invited by the leader of the other country, but I guess Boehner thinks he is the leader now.

When they put the Ionian lady on after the Speech, I thought she'd never shut up and had to change channels. From what I read Bibi was asked not to come to France but he did, to show some respect for our Pres. of the US you'd think Bibl would of turned Boehner down , but no, that is not what happened. He will come and push for more sanctions and war on Iran and the GOP will love it.

I use to vote Rep, actually never voted for Obama, but in two years I will vote a straight Dem. Ticket. I find the top Reps repulsive.
You are so full of shit. I doubt you ever voted for a Republican or conservative, your post has all the hallmarks of a vacuum head liberal. Unless you got a serious whack to the noggin. Maybe obbie couldn't be bothered with Netanyahu, seeing as how there are so many hours in a day for agitating and community organizing.

What's surprising? Israel owns us...didn't you know?
Of course. If Republicans don't act like Democrats they are obstructionist. If you stand in the way of Israel getting leveled, Israel owns us. If you want a tax break, you want to stave children. If you believe in traditional marriage you are an intolerant bigot.

YAWN.

The speaker can invite anybody he wants to speak. He can use Kim Kardashian to introduce the guest as well if he wants. I don't like the current speaker's politics, but I had more trouble with the prior speaker's principles. Neither live in my district so it is not like I have any say as to their presence in Congress.

Vote as you wish, it's your right to do so. But, never ever think for one second that one party is better for this country than the other. The past 50 plus years are a testimony to that fact. Besides, voting for either Republicans or for Democrats is playing right into the hands of those that greatly benefit from a divided citizenry. If you honestly think that one party or the other will fairly, justly, and equally represent you in Washington, then it's obvious that you haven't been paying attention for a very long time. Do you honestly think for one second that what we're seeing and experiencing in this country is by accident? Please think, just think.

Not interested in what Bonehead does these days. He's a complete insider and lackey puppet. We spend much time protecting Israel's borders while doing NOTHING to protect our own. I'm just one of those "America First" kinda guys. Not a popular position to be in these days.

Last edited:
This is inviting foreign interference in our political processes, isn't it? If Netanyahu is allowed to address Congress, then so does the President of Iran.

This is inviting foreign interference in our political processes, isn't it? If Netanyahu is allowed to address Congress, then so does the President of Iran.

If Netanyahu is allowed to address Congress, then so does the President of Iran.

If we allow Netanyahu to speak, we have to allow the Iranian President to speak? LOL!
No.

I thought that it was the duty of Congress to negotiate bilateral climate agreements.
Guess Obama didn't get that memo.

You're wrong.

The president negotiates international agreements. He signs them too.

What the congress does is pass the agreements as legislation and then the president signs it into law. Which is the same as ratifying it.

You really need to consult the constitution. But then most right wingers have no clue what's in that document.

Last edited:
Vote as you wish, it's your right to do so. But, never ever think for one second that one party is better for this country than the other. The past 50 plus years are a testimony to that fact. Besides, voting for either Republicans or for Democrats is playing right into the hands of those that greatly benefit from a divided citizenry. If you honestly think that one party or the other will fairly, justly, and equally represent you in Washington, then it's obvious that you haven't been paying attention for a very long time. Do you honestly think for one second that what we're seeing and experiencing in this country is by accident? Please think, just think.
I can't understand this sort of thinking. The parties are not the same nor can you support the allegation the it's Republicans that are dividing the nation.

I'd also like to point out that they are politicians, accountable to the voter but not gods that will oversee and make your life perfect. I'm not registered as a party member but the side that supports more freedom with less government gets my vote. Throwing my vote away on some third party whack job will help my opposition. They prove is over and over, cost us a Republican governor and likely elsewhere. So we have mover further to the left since.

That's funny, 'move further to the left'. Eisenhower couldn't get the Republican nomination now.

You are so full of shit. I doubt you ever voted for a Republican or conservative, your post has all the hallmarks of a vacuum head liberal. Unless you got a serious whack to the noggin. Maybe obbie couldn't be bothered with Netanyahu, seeing as how there are so many hours in a day for agitating and community organizing.

I know quite a few people who used to vote Republican, but that was in the days when the GOP was more moderate. They didn't have litmus tests. The GOP and Democrats used to work on compromises that represented the way most Americans felt.
I also know quite a few people who used to vote Democratic. That was in the days when there was a good representation of conservative Dems. The Dems used to work with the GOP on legislation for the betterment of all Americans. Of course that was in the days when the Democratic Party wasn't so far left.
The point I'm making here is that both parties are representing fewer and fewer Americans. That's probably why there largest voter segment isn't Republican or Democratic, the largest voting segment is Independent and moderate.
This explains the low, low voter turnout in the last election. The lowest in 72 years. I'd say the largest voter segment feels like I do, we have taxation without representation.

I know quite a few people who used to vote Republican, but that was in the days when the GOP was more moderate. They didn't have litmus tests. The GOP and Democrats used to work on compromises that represented the way most Americans felt.
I also know quite a few people who used to vote Democratic. That was in the days when there was a good representation of conservative Dems. The Dems used to work with the GOP on legislation for the betterment of all Americans. Of course that was in the days when the Democratic Party wasn't so far left.
The point I'm making here is that both parties are representing fewer and fewer Americans. That's probably why there largest voter segment isn't Republican or Democratic, the largest voting segment is Independent and moderate.
This explains the low, low voter turnout in the last election. The lowest in 72 years. I'd say the largest voter segment feels like I do, we have taxation without representation.
Most people are independent because they are not actively engaged in the political process, know very little about what's going on and are influence by signage and slogans.

What litmus test is there for the GOP? They have liberals to moderates to conservatives. The low voter turnout was because the left wasn't motivated to vote. Who's fault was that? You don't remember the Carter years or Reagan? And you are unaware of any contemporary bi-partisan legislation? Don't blame somebody else.

Obama hates and snubs Bibi, Israel and all they stand for, doncha know. I'm glad Boehner manned up and invited him to friendlier places where he is respected and knows his message will be understood.

Top two photos courtesy of Ropey, long ago. :)

Bibi as a young soldier:

Bibi's younger brother who would soon be a dead soldier:

If Netanyahu is allowed to address Congress, then so does the President of Iran.

If we allow Netanyahu to speak, we have to allow the Iranian President to speak? LOL!
No.

why not?

Forum List

Back