What are the solutions?

Rye Catcher

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2019
It seems our foreign and domestic policies are in chaos. Pointing fingers, blaming others has become the dominate use of this forum, and in almost every forum. Ain't it awful and Now I got you, you son of a bitch (Games People Play) seem to sum up nearly every thread.

Pick a problem and put your self into the shoes of the leaders of our county. What would you do? Post a problem (not a person) and in one or two paragraphs fix it.

It seems our foreign and domestic policies are in chaos. Pointing fingers, blaming others has become the dominate use of this forum, and in almost every forum. Ain't it awful and Now I got you, you son of a bitch (Games People Play) seem to sum up nearly every thread.

Pick a problem and put your self into the shoes of the leaders of our county. What would you do? Post a problem (not a person) and in one or two paragraphs fix it.
as for the current issue in Afghanistan it would have helped if the civilians and military equipment were removed first,,

and for the leader of the country to not hide but step up and do his job and address the people of the situation,,

Its not hard really.

To prevent chaos at the border, secure the border.

To prevent chaos in foreign countries, don't bug out of countries that depend on you to prevent the chaos.

To stop the chaos in the inner cities, apprehend those that promote the chaos, etc.

But what we have now is a democrat party that thrives on chaos. It is either intentional and traitorous or they are completely inept at leadership and all need to resign

That is for you to decide.

Afghanistan - You're a hero if you state your goal is to pull out (3 past presidents) and inevitably who ever does is going to have to deal with the carnage.

I don't know whether ripping the band-aid off like we are doing now or slowly bleeding to death like we have been for 20 years is the best answer. Bush, Obama and Trump have failed. Biden probably won't fare much better it will just look different.

I do understand people wanting out of Afghanistan after 20 years but we have had military bases in some countries since the end of WW2. Keeping a force of a few thousand troops with air support in the country would have in all probability keep the Taliban in check and allowed us to gather intel about possible threats. Yes that could put troops in harms way but according to former Navy Seal and current House member Dan Crenshaw who fought in Afghanistan we have not had a combat death in Afghanistan in 18 months.

I do understand people wanting out of Afghanistan after 20 years but we have had military bases in some countries since the end of WW2. Keeping a force of a few thousand troops with air support in the country would have in all probability keep the Taliban in check and allowed us to gather intel about possible threats. Yes that could put troops in harms way but according to former Navy Seal and current House member Dan Crenshaw who fought in Afghanistan we have not had a combat death in Afghanistan in 18 months.
I'm not so sure that comparing Afghanistan to peacetime Germany is all that relevant. The citizenry don't usually want to kill us in Europe plus keeping bases in Germany and elsewhere is to watch over an even larger target.

EDIT: I'm not saying staying or leaving is better, I'm just not so sure about the comparison here.

I'm not so sure that comparing Afghanistan to peacetime Germany is all that relevant. The citizenry don't usually want to kill us in Europe plus keeping bases in Germany and elsewhere is to watch over an even larger target.
I would say keeping some troops in Afghanistan is watching over pretty substantial target and one where a threat is far more likely to come from. I fear we have gone full circle and have come back to the pre 9/11 mindset I sincerely hope I am wrong about that but it sure feels like that is where we are.

Bring all our troops home. Look at countries like Canada, Sweden, Norway... All great peaceful countries that keep their soldiers at home, not all over the place causing trouble non-stop.

I would say keeping some troops in Afghanistan is watching over pretty substantial target and one where a threat is far more likely to come from. I fear we have gone full circle and have come back to the pre 9/11 mindset I sincerely hope I am wrong about that but it sure feels like that is where we are.
The Taliban had nothing to do with 9/11.

as for the current issue in Afghanistan it would have helped if the civilians and military equipment were removed first,,

and for the leader of the country to not hide but step up and do his job and address the people of the situation,,

I disagree.
The best would have been if we never illegally stepped foot in Afghanistan, but once there, what we should have done is send representatives to the Taliban and arrange a peaceful transition of power, where instead of removing people and equipment, thing would be left where they are, and simply put under Taliban authority.

I disagree.
The best would have been if we never illegally stepped foot in Afghanistan, but once there, what we should have done is send representatives to the Taliban and arrange a peaceful transition of power, where instead of removing people and equipment, thing would be left where they are, and simply put under Taliban authority.
so your solution is to arm terrorist,,,

I dont that is a good idea,,,

EDIT: I'm not saying staying or leaving is better, I'm just not so sure about the comparison here.

Putting troops in a country does not and can not stop threats from that country attacking the US, and in fact greatly increases the odds of people from that country being angry with us and launching attacks on our country.

The solution is to blame trump and impeach him a couple more times, isn’t it? :dunno:

so your solution is to arm terrorist,,,

I dont that is a good idea,,,

The Taliban have ZERO connection to terrorism and likely are about the single most honest government in the whole world.
The US likely is the single greatest exporter of terrorism in the world, like the way we use drones to assassinate hundreds of innocent people every year.

The Taliban have ZERO connection to terrorism and likely are about the single most honest government in the whole world.
The US likely is the single greatest exporter of terrorism in the world, like the way we use drones to assassinate hundreds of innocent people every year.
cant disagree with what democrats and republicans do in americas name,, but to say the taliban doesnt have anything to do with terrorism is just ignorance,,

That's not a bad point IMHO.

I don't think we've gone back to a pre 9/11 mindset. We still have a lot of security measures in place and I bet the government is focused in a little more than before.

Forum List

Back