What Are the US Goals In Ukraine?

It is not a sensible question to ask what the administration's stated goals are in this conflict? I dont think there can be a more sensible question.

So in other words, you're dodging the question. Don't worry. Given your history, nobody expected better from you. I do actually admire your skill at dodging every sort of question.

If you can't answer, which you obviously can't, then don't bother cluttering the thread with irrelevant insults..

Should you ever locate your courage, you could try to explain your double standards, why you've never demanded these exact statements of purpose before.

It is not a sensible question to ask what the administration's stated goals are in this conflict? I dont think there can be a more sensible question.

So in other words, you're dodging the question. Don't worry. Given your history, nobody expected better from you. I do actually admire your skill at dodging every sort of question.

If you can't answer, which you obviously can't, then don't bother cluttering the thread with irrelevant insults..

Should you ever locate your courage, you could try to explain your double standards, why you've never demanded these exact statements of purpose before.

In other words you are a total loser. Yeah, we get that. If you can't answer the question, just shut the fuck up. What I am asking is simple fact. It should be easy for anyone not smoking crack to answer a question of fact.

In other words you are a total loser. Yeah, we get that. If you can't answer the question, just shut the fuck up. What I am asking is simple fact. It should be easy for anyone not smoking crack to answer a question of fact.

You are asking a stupid question that can not be answered. If you understood how diplomacy worked or the stage of diploymacy currently being undertaken by the involved parties you wouldn't ask the question.

This is actually a serious question. Based on statements by the administration, what are our stated goals in dealing with the Russians on the Ukraine issue?

I ask because I havent heard one yet. And if the administration cannot articulate its goals, it cannot achieve them.
How can they when they have sent mixed signals all along...(and bear in mind it's ALL political for domestic AND international consumption...based upon whom they're addressing). Basic M.O. for Obama and his merry band of morons.

UPDATE 2-EU offers Ukraine $15 bln, but help hinges on IMF deal | Reuters

IMF and the EU is willing to loan and grant up to 15 bln.

Reverse flow of gas from EU to Ukraine should Russia cut off gas supplies.

In return they are basically telling them to join the EU and cut ties to Russia in financial matters.

According to this article, the riots were basically stated do to Ukraine rejecting becoming part of the EU, and remain with Russia in regards to the economy instead.

You are asking a stupid question that can not be answered. If you understood how diplomacy worked or the stage of diploymacy currently being undertaken by the involved parties you wouldn't ask the question.
It's a stupid question to ask what our stated goals are?
Are you fucking on crack? Every foreign policy has a stated goal. Whether the goal is appropriate, reachabel , realistic, etc is another debate. I am simply asking what the stated goals are.
You must be among the most stupid ill informed posters here, a real lo-lo poster.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/06/w...aines-reliance-on-russia-for-natural-gas.html

Perhaps someone needs to read this article.

Russia is playing the game of raising prices on gas to Ukraine and has threatened to do so to the EU. It has also threatened to even cut off supplies. According to this article, they have done so in the past.

Currently we are threatening to start supplying the Gas boom here to the EU and even the Ukraine. While that would take time, the threat of gas being cut off by Russia is a two edged sword. Russia needs to sell the gas and oil to Europe and the Ukraine. If they go too far then it would be an opportunity to increase U.S. exports to the region...............

It is a high stakes Chess Match over exports and energy in the region. Should Russia try to move Crimea into Russia instead of Ukraine we'll most likely end up in a trade War. And economic battle that will not fair well for Russia in the end. Yet the damage to increased gas prices and reduced shipments will hurt Ukraine and Europe's economies.

Are you fucking on crack? Every foreign policy has a stated goal. Whether the goal is appropriate, reachabel , realistic, etc is another debate. I am simply asking what the stated goals are.
You must be among the most stupid ill informed posters here, a real lo-lo poster.

You are insisting on exact and specific goals about a fluid situation that is currently being negotiated by numerous parties. Can you give the specific goals of Putin and Russia? The US has given ideas of it's goals everyday, several times a day since the crisis began. Some are firm and some seem to have room for negotiations, same as the Russians, the EU, etc. All parties are negotiating a settlement. None of the parties is going to show their hand. Like I said, you don't understand diplomatic negotiations or even recognize them when they are occuring.

Last edited:
I don't even see how the administration can move goal posts around to save face at this point. The left was so worried about the world not liking us under Bush...they still don't like us, and now they don't respect us either.

I proudly believe that the GOP's foreign policy is a greater threat to the US than poor old Russia.

We'd be mired deep in wars in Syria, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan, if Mitt Romney had won.

Hey, at least Romney wouldn't have been drawing red lines, velvtacheeze.

I don't even see how the administration can move goal posts around to save face at this point. The left was so worried about the world not liking us under Bush...they still don't like us, and now they don't respect us either.

I proudly believe that the GOP's foreign policy is a greater threat to the US than poor old Russia.

We'd be mired deep in wars in Syria, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan, if Mitt Romney had won.

Hey, at least Romney wouldn't have been drawing red lines, velvtacheeze.

Romney would have shit his magic underwear.

I don't like the line in the sand statement, aka another foot in the mouth of Obama statement.

Currently, this is a potential land grab of Crimea by Russia.
It will force economic decisions that could effect gas supplies throughout Europe.
The U.S. and Canada are seeing this as a potential economic export deal, as they are now pushing to take over gas shipments to Europe to end Russian threats to cut off oil and gas exports.

The IMF and EU are basically telling Ukraine to come into the EU, and then they'll bankroll them through the IMF.

A major power play for Geo political control of the region is now on the Chess Board.

Russia knows this and will eventually fold over the potential of losing income from their gas.

You are insisting on exact and specific goals about a fluid situation that is currently being negotiated by numerous parties. Can you give the specific goals of Putin and Russia? The US has given ideas of it's goals everyday, several times a day since the crisis began. Some are firm and some seem to have room for negotiations, same as the Russians, the EU, etc. All parties are negotiating a settlement. None of the parties is going to show their hand. Like I said, you don't understand diplomatic negotiations or even recognize them when they are occuring.

What are those ideas?
The US should have some kind of stated goal, like Russian withdrawal from the Ukraine. Or to respect the territorial integrity of the Ukraine. Or something.
Whether those are actual goals or not is irrelevant. Whether those are achievable is irrelevant.

But in any encounter the parties involved state what they want to happen, and then work towards that.
I haven't seen any such statement by this administration. Which means they have no goal, which means by definition they can never achieve it.

What are those ideas?
The US should have some kind of stated goal, like Russian withdrawal from the Ukraine. Or to respect the territorial integrity of the Ukraine. Or something.
Whether those are actual goals or not is irrelevant. Whether those are achievable is irrelevant.

But in any encounter the parties involved state what they want to happen, and then work towards that.
I haven't seen any such statement by this administration. Which means they have no goal, which means by definition they can never achieve it.

They have stated they want Russian troops to go home and allow the situation in Ukraine to be dealt with internally. They are looking to new elections and entering them into the EU.

I've shown some of that data.

Forum List

Back