What are you doing right now, this very moment?

Chicken breast.

Edit -- I'm going out in a few to pick up some chicken feet. I want to try to simulate an injury I suffered where I nearly severed the extensor tendon on my left index finger.

Couldn't get the ER doc to keep video of the procedure, DANG!
Chicken feet for suture practice? Never heard of that, but you do you.

How do I know? I didn't make it? What's the matter with you? Are you a loon? Vote for Biden!
1661812534417.png

I'm sitting in my recliner readin this dumb thread, like Meister.

My lil dog Sam is, as always propped on the arm, with his big ole fat butt sitting on and delivering withering farts on the bare skin of my thigh. I cringe and give him looks, but he just says stfu.

I'm considering slapping myself all over my head for eating too much.

I'm considering slapping myself all over my head for eating too much.
why don't you just go on a good diet?

much less painful... depending on the diet, of course. Some diets are so off-base, you'd be better off continuing to slap yourself upside the head..

why don't you just go on a good diet?

much less painful... depending on the diet, of course. Some diets are so off-base, you'd be better off continuing to slap yourself upside the head..

Well- I don't really need to go on a diet.

I just ate too much.

Well- I don't really need to go on a diet.

I just ate too much.
lol

I have said that to myself many times..

Actually, most diets are bs.. If you just eat healthy (some of us know what that means)... cut out white sugar and white flour (or mostly cut them out, esp the former).. avoid canola oil.. eat meat once a day (or more) and a few other things I have forgotten momentarily, you would lose weight and be healthier :)

Chicken feet for suture practice? Never heard of that, but you do you.
Yeah, a friend who's a veterinarian thinks the tendon structure is similar enough, and besides I'm making a shitload of broth from the feet which I buy about 50 pounds of at a time. Makes great broth! Loads of collagen!

Seems to me drinking oil would clean you out.
It's not just any oil. And one teaspoon isn't a lot of oil. For some reason, There's something in the soil over the pond that makes the process work. And I just got back from Walgreen's and put some Emu extra strength from the squeeze bottle on my thumb, and by the time I got home, the pain is gone. I've been ditzing around since the end of May when that freaky rainstorm hit, and forgot about Emu being so good for sore muscles, I didn't think of it as a pain killer until I read OPleaseJustQuit's pain, and that triggered my memory about Emu cream and oil. And the first time I bought Olive Oil, it was in a spray bottle, not the oil. Something in the spray tasted terrible, so I didn't use it "faithfully" because a lot of additives make the original "health" food not so healthy. I can't remember if there was a time of day expressed by the olive oil weight loss hint website, but I'm going to shoot for 10 am every day.

And Mr. Mike, thanks for thinking of this thread. It's given me my thumb use back, I'm pretty sure, thanks to Miss OPleaseJustQuit. I haven't watched news since last night, be back later. Thanks again for a thread winner, miketx.

Yeah, a friend who's a veterinarian thinks the tendon structure is similar enough, and besides I'm making a shitload of broth from the feet which I buy about 50 pounds of at a time. Makes great broth! Loads of collagen!
50 feet? Sounds like you're gong into a lucrative business! Hey my hand feels better after going to the Walgreen's where they had both kinds, but you can get it at Target and Walmart, too, although it's hit and miss sometimes. When I shop there, it's at 6am. because I have to get a parking place close to the door, and it's a nice time of day to avoid crowds with all the stuff that's going around out there for the past couple of years, and mutations keep coming back.

lol

I have said that to myself many times..

Actually, most diets are bs.. If you just eat healthy (some of us know what that means)... cut out white sugar and white flour (or mostly cut them out, esp the former).. avoid canola oil.. eat meat once a day (or more) and a few other things I have forgotten momentarily, you would lose weight and be healthier :)

I've never been on a diet in my life. I just try to stay sensible about eating.

Most times.

Skittles and diet pepsi probably ain't a great lunch though.

50 feet? Sounds like you're gong into a lucrative business! Hey my hand feels better after going to the Walgreen's where they had both kinds, but you can get it at Target and Walmart, too, although it's hit and miss sometimes. When I shop there, it's at 6am. because I have to get a parking place close to the door, and it's a nice time of day to avoid crowds with all the stuff that's going around out there for the past couple of years, and mutations keep coming back.
I buy 50 pounds of chicken feet at a time. I drive out to the Hutterite colony to get the huge boxes of feet and generally 25 pounds of any veggie at a time for canning. I just canned 50 pints of green beans and up next will be at least as many pints of diced tomatoes. I think I've got about 10 dozen jars of broth that will come out of that big a purchase of chicken feet. I like to have a couple of years worth of food canned at one time. My pantry is really full. If the EBT/SNAP outage or food shortage became a big enough deal to affect my community, my friends and family could rely on me for quite a bit of food.

Forum List

Back