What are you reading?

Nothing new, rereading "Eon" by Greg Bear. Fave sci-fi novel ever (about a future version of humans who come back to pre-21st century Earth touching off 'The Death' which was WWIII.)

Try John Varley's Titan, Wizard, Demon trilogy.

I'm reading up on how to install radiant floor heating in a house I'm building.

Very cool dude, er I mean warm. I lived in a house once that had that. It's the best. But can you have it if you have more than one floor?

Yes the home I'm building has two bedrooms and bath on the second floor. As long as you have a chase to run the supply and return it's not any different from hot water baseboard heat. You just have to get the tubing run under the flooring before drywall

The Beach House by James Patterson. So far, so good.

same with me
biggrin.gif

Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I saw a movie preview for Divergent and got the book. After finishing it, I immediately bought the other two books in the trilogy.

How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie. Second time through. It's got some pretty good tips on how to peak the interest of others.

How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie. Second time through. It's got some pretty good tips on how to peak the interest of others.

I find books like that to be all about deception, dishonesty and manipulation. How to manipulate people should be the title. When I was working my way through university, I once worked as the receptionist in the MBA department. The students there told me the program was mostly about how to manipulate people.

IMO you make friends with people you generally like and admire, and I have never had any desire to influence anyone.

I just finished reading Therese Raquin, by Emile Zola. This is the 2nd time I've read it.

Last edited:

I find books like that to be all about deception, dishonesty and manipulation. How to manipulate people should be the title. When I was working my way through university, I once worked as the receptionist in the MBA department. The students there told me the program was mostly about how to manipulate people.

IMO you make friends with people you generally like and admire, and I have never had any desire to influence anyone.

I just finished reading Therese Raquin, by Emile Zola. This is the 2nd time I've read it.

That's what i thought till i read the book.

Forum List

Back