• Blue and Brown

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Combination

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Explained Why People Can t Agree on the Color of that Dress

This appears to be the original dress.

fb0bd34f2f86f16e3478b54dd1589f6619df6b04.png

The weirdest thing about it is when two people are looking at the same picture at the same time and seeing it in different colors. I just can't figure it out. Lol.

Weird thing is that they say the original picture is actually different than the actual dress due to lighting.

Even though the real dress is blue and black, people who see black on the OP photo might be borderline color blind, because the lighting makes it more goldish than black.

How the Hell does that work?
screwy.gif

The weirdest thing about it is when two people are looking at the same picture at the same time and seeing it in different colors. I just can't figure it out. Lol.

Weird thing is that they say the original picture is actually different than the actual dress due to lighting.

Even though the real dress is blue and black, people who see black on the OP photo might be borderline color blind, because the lighting makes it more goldish than black.

screwy.gif

Well, I know I'm not color blind. It's definitely weird and something that I cannot explain.

screwy.gif
It's the white balance, which is color temperature. Only a high end prepress shop or graphic art studio is going to have their monitors (and printers) calibrated. There are expensive tools to do it and no cheap way. Everything is interpreted through hardware and software.

LOL. Well... That was freaky as Hell. I finally saw the dress as white and gold.

I was reading an article on my phone, and when I got to the bottom of the page there was a link to an article about the dress, with a thumbnail image next to it. The dress was white and gold.

I was like, "Huh... Maybe it's that reverse negative image I saw earlier."

Then, literally as it was just dawning on me that it wasn't - the trim was gold, rather the fabric - it morphed back into the same old blue and black/dark brown dress I'd seen all along. I didn't even have to look away. It happened right in front of my eyes!

Tell ya what, man. If it turns out this damn dress image is really some Lovecratian horror from the Nth dimension in disguise, I wouldn't be surprised at all. :lol:

More seriously, I'm guessing that the smaller screen, paired with different lighting (I'm in a hallway with fluorescent bulbs over head) probably threw things off. When my brain realized it had made an "oopsie" and was looking at an image it had seen before, it switched back.

Freaking amazing how that works. :lol:

LOL. Well... That was freaky as Hell. I finally saw the dress as white and gold.

I was reading an article on my phone, and when I got to the bottom of the page there was a link to an article about the dress, with a thumbnail image next to it. The dress was white and gold.

I was like, "Huh... Maybe it's that reverse negative image I saw earlier."

Then, literally as it was just dawning on me that it wasn't - the trim was gold, rather the fabric - it morphed back into the same old blue and black/dark brown dress I'd seen all along. I didn't even have to look away. It happened right in front of my eyes!

Tell ya what, man. If it turns out this damn dress image is really some Lovecratian horror from the Nth dimension in disguise, I wouldn't be surprised at all. :lol:

More seriously, I'm guessing that the smaller screen, paired with different lighting (I'm in a hallway with fluorescent bulbs over head) probably threw things off. When my brain realized it had made an "oopsie" and was looking at an image it had seen before, it switched back.

Freaking amazing how that works. :lol:

I don't think it's the lighting. It changed for me many times and I was sitting in the exact same spot, and that still doesn't explain why two different people see the same picture of the same dress as being two different colors. Demon dress! :D

I see white and gold. But the color you think you see is often based on perspective bias. Your brain can convince you of a great many things.

Forum List

Back