What could be the reason for a president...constitutionally...choosing a SC nominee?

Other unanimously consented district judges:

Dolly Gee.

J. Michelle Childs.

Richard Gergel.

Leonard Stark.

Catherine Eagles.

Kimberly Mueller.

John Gibney.

James Bredar.

Susan Richard Nelson.

Denise Caspar.

And many more. All appointed since 2009.

I couldn't care less. Just because the senate may no object to them in a lower court, that doesn't mean they are fit for the Supreme Court. A bad pick can do a lot more damage on the Supreme Court, as the leftwing justices on the court have already shown.
what would disqualify them? more experience?

Dolly Gee.

J. Michelle Childs.

Richard Gergel.

Leonard Stark.

Catherine Eagles.

Kimberly Mueller.

John Gibney.

James Bredar.

Susan Richard Nelson.

Denise Caspar.

I couldn't care less. Just because the senate may no object to them in a lower court, that doesn't mean they are fit for the Supreme Court. A bad pick can do a lot more damage on the Supreme Court, as the leftwing justices on the court have already shown.
With the obscene child, having a law degree and experience would disqualify them

Obama can nominate, the Senate can block. That's the way it works. Obama doesn't get to change the rules because he doesn't like being thwarted.

Again, another moronic statement.....The issue here is McConnell even trying to block an Obama nomination...probably McConnell is trying to avoid the damaging scenario of having a decent nominee being stupidly harassed by republican senators...OR trying to avoid not even holding a hearing...while 24 GOP senators are up for re-election.
McConnel is an idiot. My statement is absolutely correct, and I fully expect any Republican Senator who wants to exercise his/her Constitutional authority to be demonized endlessly by a bunch of idiots.

Obama can nominate, the Senate can block. That's the way it works. Obama doesn't get to change the rules because he doesn't like being thwarted.

Again, another moronic statement.....The issue here is McConnell even trying to block an Obama nomination...probably McConnell is trying to avoid the damaging scenario of having a decent nominee being stupidly harassed by republican senators...OR trying to avoid not even holding a hearing...while 24 GOP senators are up for re-election.
McConnel is an idiot. My statement is absolutely correct, and I fully expect any Republican Senator who wants to exercise his/her Constitutional authority to be demonized endlessly by a bunch of idiots.
He's not an idiot. IF either Trump or an establishment candidate (and maybe even Cruz) is the nominee, there is likely a negative impact in gop turnout in senate elections. That is to say, there is very likely NO good candidate for turnout, because either the Trumpeters will be pissed and stay home, or Cruz voters (tea party) will stay home, or the more rational establishment folks will stay home.

He's not an idiot. IF either Trump or an establishment candidate (and maybe even Cruz) is the nominee, there is likely a negative impact in gop turnout in senate elections. That is to say, there is very likely NO good candidate for turnout, because either the Trumpeters will be pissed and stay home, or Cruz voters (tea party) will stay home, or the more rational establishment folks will stay home.
There does, however, appear to be significantly higher enthusiasm on the Republican side of things than on the democrat. McConnell has shown himself to be an idiot long before now.

There does, however, appear to be significantly higher enthusiasm on the Republican side of things than on the democrat. McConnell has shown himself to be an idiot long before now.
The gop's best hope for keeping the senate is Cruz/Rubio with the Donald running third party, and the chances of that are slim to none.

I know exactly what Marxism is, and denying that Obama is one is abjectly stupid.

Without the commercials (thankfully), exactly what is STILL being spewed on Fox. Live with your ulcer, brpat.

And Grassley may be counting votes and thinking .... let's do a deal now.

For the first time in a long while, Grassley is facing some serious opposition in Iowa, with some polls showing his once overwhelming popularity in the wane.

Dolly Gee.

J. Michelle Childs.

Richard Gergel.

Leonard Stark.

Catherine Eagles.

Kimberly Mueller.

John Gibney.

James Bredar.

Susan Richard Nelson.

Denise Caspar.

Being an America hating commie is what disqualifies them.

I know exactly what Marxism is, and denying that Obama is one is abjectly stupid.

Without the commercials (thankfully), exactly what is STILL being spewed on Fox. Live with your ulcer, brpat.
I have no idea what the above is supposed to mean. Could you translate it into English?
Ah, finally an expert on Marx.
I would like to hear more of your knowledge of Marx, for example, why didn't Marx's dialectical materialism work out as Marx had predicted? Be careful because it might have worked out.

I have no idea what the above is supposed to mean. Could you translate it into English?
Ah, finally an expert on Marx.
I would like to hear more of your knowledge of Marx, for example, why didn't Marx's dialectical materialism work out as Marx had predicted? Be careful because it might have worked out.

It doesn't work because people have free will. There's nothing inevitable about history.

Forum List

Back