What did Cruz do wrong and what should he have done that would have made ANY difference?

Ted ran off to a nice comfortable place so he didn’t have to suffer or watch Texans suffer. This is good for gramps. Elitists should not suffer with the common filth.

I see you got your talking points. The captain of a ship does not abandon ship when things get tough. He should have postponed his vacation I find you to be the childish one as you can't think for yourself. You have to be told what to say.
"Postponed"?

He didn't book it till last Tuesday

His wife was incapable of flying down there with their kids without him? I guess the voters of Texas will decide next year.

Frankly, this is the kind of thing that can cost someone reelection and Texas isn't as lopsidedly Republican as it used to be. I wouldn't be shocked if in a month or two Cruz announces he isn't running for reelection.

Yes, he could have sent them without him, I agree. But, it was his decision as a father and husband to go with. He has to decide what is best for his family, and live with the results.

I have been in that exact situation before with young children ( less the money) and had to leave my home to stay with family. My wife and children were my only concern.

The only thing I really disagree with Cruz about is being pressured into changing his decision. I would have never apologized for putting my family first. But each person has to make their own decisions.

And if the wife and kids what to get out of that freezing town and go lay on the beach in Cancun than that's what a good husband and father does to make happen, I'm sure he was thinking of his freezing constituents back home the whole time and had them in his prayers.

I would bet you don't have children?!? Am I wrong?

His wife was incapable of flying down there with their kids without him? I guess the voters of Texas will decide next year.

Frankly, this is the kind of thing that can cost someone reelection and Texas isn't as lopsidedly Republican as it used to be. I wouldn't be shocked if in a month or two Cruz announces he isn't running for reelection.

Yes, he could have sent them without him, I agree. But, it was his decision as a father and husband to go with. He has to decide what is best for his family, and live with the results.

I have been in that exact situation before with young children ( less the money) and had to leave my home to stay with family. My wife and children were my only concern.

The only thing I really disagree with Cruz about is being pressured into changing his decision. I would have never apologized for putting my family first. But each person has to make their own decisions.
Most Texas families don’t have that option. And I bet the Cruz family was way more comfortable than the common filth.

Most Texas families don’t have that option. And I bet the Cruz family was way more comfortable than the common filth.

I too don't have the same options Cruz has, but I also don't hold it against him. Good for him that he can provide whatever his family wants and needs. He has obviously made some great decisions in his life.

CNN & the rest of the Fake News traitors are so desperate to ignore / help cover up how Cuomo murdered over 15,000 Americans that they are all making the fact that Ted Cruz & Family went on a pre-planned vacation their #1 stories.

Bwuhahaha

This is why their ratings are in the toilet now that President Trump is gone.

:p

We all have said our share of stupid shit on this board but the Cruz outrage defies logic.

He isn't a mayor. He isn't a governor. He isn't in the state house or state senate.
Outside of standing outside an electric facility with tools to warm the pipes or frozen shit their is literally NOTHING he could do differently than what he did that would have made any difference to anyone anywhere in Texas.

I find the complaints about Cruz to be the most childish political complaints I have seen in years, maybe ever.

It's bad optics. It's his state in distress and he left on vacation while AOC was raising a million dollars for the people in his state and Beta O'Cuck was making calls to assist people with disaster resources.

Evidently Cruz had the only wrench in the state of Texas that fit the 1 device that could have turned the power back on, heated homes instantly, cleared up the water problem, & made the snow melt....

...then again he still didn't murder 15,000 elderly Americans then illegally try to hide it by intentionally under-reporting the death #s.

We all have said our share of stupid shit on this board but the Cruz outrage defies logic.

He isn't a mayor. He isn't a governor. He isn't in the state house or state senate.
Outside of standing outside an electric facility with tools to warm the pipes or frozen shit their is literally NOTHING he could do differently than what he did that would have made any difference to anyone anywhere in Texas.

I find the complaints about Cruz to be the most childish political complaints I have seen in years, maybe ever.
I have said everything you did it’s optics and just looks bad you see politicians on both sides do this you would think they would know better by now. The truly sad snd pathetic part is the media given the Cruz trip more coverage in the past two days than they gave the Cuomo nursing home scandal and coverup for the last several months.

Cruz is one of Texas two Senators with direct access to Washington. Jetting off to Cancun while millions in the state he represents are suffering dire even deadly conditions was beyond stupid. No different than if a hurricane had hit the state or other large scale natural disaster. He's being paid to represent Texas at the federal level, taking a holiday while his constituents suffer was a bonehead idea.

He was the State of Texas US Senator, responsible for the State. He could have coordinated with his governor to get federal government help and supplies, he could have helped his town mayor organize help for its citizens.... like all t h e other US Senators and Congressmen from his State....

Cruz knew he made a huge mistake and that's why he returned and owned up to it...

the leaked email from his wife to friends inviting them to go on this vacation with them was telling...

Last edited:

You people just have no problem playing stupid. It seems to come very easy to you.

I remember when every one of you cackling freaks just about blew out your own colons complaining about an Obama trip to Hawaii 2 + months AFTER the Sandy storm.

What a bunch of frauds you are.

And if the wife and kids what to get out of that freezing town and go lay on the beach in Cancun than that's what a good husband and father does to make happen, I'm sure he was thinking of his freezing constituents back home the whole time and had them in his prayers.

I would bet you don't have children?!? Am I wrong?
Is this a family personal attack?

CNN & the rest of the Fake News traitors are so desperate to ignore / help cover up how Cuomo murdered over 15,000 Americans that they are all making the fact that Ted Cruz & Family went on a pre-planned vacation their #1 stories.

Bwuhahaha

This is why their ratings are in the toilet now that President Trump is gone.

:p
Have to deflect to Cuomo? (Who's gonna get his, I'm sure).

He was the State of Texas US Senator, responsible for the State. He could have coordinated with his governor to get federal government help and supplies, he could have helped his town mayor organize help for its citizens.... like all t h e other US Senators and Congressmen from his State....

Cruz knew he made a huge mistake and that's why he returned and owned up to it...

the leaked email from his wife to friends inviting them to go on this vacation with them was telling...
1613776841818.png

No whataboutism. The Topic in the OP is Cruz.

If, and only if, I had the financial stability of a Ted Cruz, and could afford to 'just pack up and go', and not have to worry about my job, meaning showing up and performing. Would this even be an option.

Being a member of the Senate, he has these options. Most of us don't. As do all members of Congress.
I don't really like ANY members of either side. So that is not the issue.

I'm going to put my list out of order, weird but hear me out.

3) On Hannity show, Hannity tried his hardest to claim, "You were being a good dad, and dropped your kids/wife off in Cancun, then headed right back to your home in TX to continue working."
But I give credit to Cruz, for admitting that Hannity was spinning the truth, and the real truth was that he planned to work remotely and to return on Saturday.
Ted stood up and said he regretted his decision almost immediately, and he returned home, even though that was NOT the original plan.

1) It was a bad choice/decision.
2) He said he did it for his daughters, very Noble, but you don't abandon your constituents. You HAVE a Job.

He did 100% absolutely nothing wrong.

And it was his "friends" who ratted him out.

Real well liked guy..Someone once asked why so many people take an instant dislike to him.

Saves time...

A Senator once said that were he shot on the floor of the Senate with it in session...the killer would get off. No witnesses

Forum List

Back