What did Cruz do wrong and what should he have done that would have made ANY difference?

I think in a time of acute disaster...he should have stayed. What could he have done? Not sure. But simply being there and visible sends a message to the people who are suffering in HIS state. Going off to Cancun doesn't. At best - really bad optics.
The political optics were bad and the democrats will try to make the most of it. Not that they have anything
to talk about after having stolen the presidency (talking about bad optics).

His wife was incapable of flying down there with their kids without him? I guess the voters of Texas will decide next year.

Frankly, this is the kind of thing that can cost someone reelection and Texas isn't as lopsidedly Republican as it used to be. I wouldn't be shocked if in a month or two Cruz announces he isn't running for reelection.

Yes, he could have sent them without him, I agree. But, it was his decision as a father and husband to go with. He has to decide what is best for his family, and live with the results.

I have been in that exact situation before with young children ( less the money) and had to leave my home to stay with family. My wife and children were my only concern.

The only thing I really disagree with Cruz about is being pressured into changing his decision. I would have never apologized for putting my family first. But each person has to make their own decisions.

What about families in Texas? The fact is that Cruz in the link between Texas and the federal government. He should have been working with the Biden Administration to get help. The faqct is that AOC is doing more to help Texans than Cruz. If he doesn't want to do it then he should resign.

I think in a time of acute disaster...he should have stayed. What could he have done? Not sure. But simply being there and visible sends a message to the people who are suffering in HIS state. Going off to Cancun doesn't. At best - really bad optics.
The political optics were bad and the democrats will try to make the most of it. Not that they have anything
to talk about after having stolen the presidency (talking about bad optics).

Ted Cruz tried to steal the election. That is strike 2.

And if the wife and kids what to get out of that freezing town and go lay on the beach in Cancun than that's what a good husband and father does to make happen, I'm sure he was thinking of his freezing constituents back home the whole time and had them in his prayers.

I would bet you don't have children?!? Am I wrong?

I do...and I can't count how many times they had to do things without me because "duty called".

What did Cruz do wrong and what should he have done

Ted should have STAYED in Cancun and given the finger to the media.

Or come back here and helped shovel coal into one of the now defunct coal power plants President Select Biden* closed down.

NASA can build a Rover to operate on Mars in -80°F but they can't make a wind turbine operate in Texas. :21:

Cruz is a huge story to the media here. Bigger than a governor who enforced immoral and unsafe COVID policy, lied about nursing home deaths, threatened people into silence, all the while writing a book about how great of a job he did, and winning an Emmy and the adulation of the entire Democrat media, who refused to question anything about him.

yes, it’s TED CRUZ that is the bigger story. LOL. Just another example of the severe media Democrat activism we have. It’s not even bias anymore. It’s intentional

We all have said our share of stupid shit on this board but the Cruz outrage defies logic.

He isn't a mayor. He isn't a governor. He isn't in the state house or state senate.
Outside of standing outside an electric facility with tools to warm the pipes or frozen shit their is literally NOTHING he could do differently than what he did that would have made any difference to anyone anywhere in Texas.

I find the complaints about Cruz to be the most childish political complaints I have seen in years, maybe ever.
It seems Cruz doesn’t agree with you.

‘Sen. Ted Cruz said that flying to Cancun, Mexico, as a winter disaster in his home state left millions without power or water "was obviously a mistake" and that "in hindsight I wouldn't have done it."’

LOL. The OP is hilarious. Somehow if a democrat was senator there and heading down to mexico for a vacation while ppl don't even have water to drink and were dying, in his state this would not be the response from you and those on the right.

We all have said our share of stupid shit on this board but the Cruz outrage defies logic.

He isn't a mayor. He isn't a governor. He isn't in the state house or state senate.
Outside of standing outside an electric facility with tools to warm the pipes or frozen shit their is literally NOTHING he could do differently than what he did that would have made any difference to anyone anywhere in Texas.

I find the complaints about Cruz to be the most childish political complaints I have seen in years, maybe ever.

They were so childish, he came back after 11 hours.

He went there to "be a good dad" then abandoned his kids.

His wife was incapable of flying down there with their kids without him? I guess the voters of Texas will decide next year.

Frankly, this is the kind of thing that can cost someone reelection and Texas isn't as lopsidedly Republican as it used to be. I wouldn't be shocked if in a month or two Cruz announces he isn't running for reelection.

Yes, he could have sent them without him, I agree. But, it was his decision as a father and husband to go with. He has to decide what is best for his family, and live with the results.

I have been in that exact situation before with young children ( less the money) and had to leave my home to stay with family. My wife and children were my only concern.

The only thing I really disagree with Cruz about is being pressured into changing his decision. I would have never apologized for putting my family first. But each person has to make their own decisions.

What about families in Texas? The fact is that Cruz in the link between Texas and the federal government. He should have been working with the Biden Administration to get help. The faqct is that AOC is doing more to help Texans than Cruz. If he doesn't want to do it then he should resign.

ROFL! Another one who doesn't understand the difference between Federal and State ... with their "faqct"

Does anyone think Cruz's judgement augments his qualifications for higher office?

AOC has done more for Texas then her district. She is the harbinger of mass poverty.

The link between T. Cruz and the federal government is not severed because he is not actually IN Texas. Does he have to be holding hands with *biden personally to get things done or is most of the "work" he can do in a situation like this done via phone or social media meetings?

I have stated it was bad optics for him, and he has to live with the decisions he made.

Cruz is a politician from the state of Texas and the optics were bad

by flying down to Mexico he only hurt himself and the millions of cruz voters who support him

Forum List

Back