What did Cruz do wrong and what should he have done that would have made ANY difference?

Most Texas families don’t have that option. And I bet the Cruz family was way more comfortable than the common filth.

I too don't have the same options Cruz has, but I also don't hold it against him. Good for him that he can provide whatever his family wants and needs. He has obviously made some great decisions in his life.
Yeah, cruz is too good to suffer with the masses that are PAYING him. Heck with those pesky tax payers, they should suffer while the elitist politician is nice and comfortable.

We all have said our share of stupid shit on this board but the Cruz outrage defies logic.

He isn't a mayor. He isn't a governor. He isn't in the state house or state senate.
Outside of standing outside an electric facility with tools to warm the pipes or frozen shit their is literally NOTHING he could do differently than what he did that would have made any difference to anyone anywhere in Texas.

I find the complaints about Cruz to be the most childish political complaints I have seen in years, maybe ever.
He did 100% absolutely nothing wrong.
You should probably expect more from your politicians. I mean if I was a repub I would be really scared right now. The always republican government of texas just failed the people miserably. Their top repub politician just abandoned them to suffer. The state has been slowly going blue, repubs should be really scared....

Then you understand what a sleaze Cruz is for first choosing to leave the state he represents while it is in a crisis and second for blaming it on his children.
I understand it was bad optics, I have stated that a few times now.

But, excuses and reason are two different things. He didn't blame his kids for his decision, or use them as an excuse. He needs no excuse to care for his family.

This:

Let me know when cruz copy.jpg

His wife was incapable of flying down there with their kids without him? I guess the voters of Texas will decide next year.

Frankly, this is the kind of thing that can cost someone reelection and Texas isn't as lopsidedly Republican as it used to be. I wouldn't be shocked if in a month or two Cruz announces he isn't running for reelection.

Yes, he could have sent them without him, I agree. But, it was his decision as a father and husband to go with. He has to decide what is best for his family, and live with the results.

I have been in that exact situation before with young children ( less the money) and had to leave my home to stay with family. My wife and children were my only concern.

The only thing I really disagree with Cruz about is being pressured into changing his decision. I would have never apologized for putting my family first. But each person has to make their own decisions.

What about families in Texas? The fact is that Cruz in the link between Texas and the federal government. He should have been working with the Biden Administration to get help. The faqct is that AOC is doing more to help Texans than Cruz. If he doesn't want to do it then he should resign.

ROFL! Another one who doesn't understand the difference between Federal and State ... with their "faqct"

You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about. US Senators ahould be trying to get as much federal help as possible. He can't do that in Cancun.

Yeah, cruz is too good to suffer with the masses that are PAYING him. Heck with those pesky tax payers, they should suffer while the elitist politician is nice and comfortable.

Let's apply that evenly across the country, and hold them all accountable. I'm in. :popcorn:

His wife was incapable of flying down there with their kids without him? I guess the voters of Texas will decide next year.

Frankly, this is the kind of thing that can cost someone reelection and Texas isn't as lopsidedly Republican as it used to be. I wouldn't be shocked if in a month or two Cruz announces he isn't running for reelection.

Yes, he could have sent them without him, I agree. But, it was his decision as a father and husband to go with. He has to decide what is best for his family, and live with the results.

I have been in that exact situation before with young children ( less the money) and had to leave my home to stay with family. My wife and children were my only concern.

The only thing I really disagree with Cruz about is being pressured into changing his decision. I would have never apologized for putting my family first. But each person has to make their own decisions.

What about families in Texas? The fact is that Cruz in the link between Texas and the federal government. He should have been working with the Biden Administration to get help. The faqct is that AOC is doing more to help Texans than Cruz. If he doesn't want to do it then he should resign.
AOC has done more for Texas then her district. She is the harbinger of mass poverty.

So you say. Republicans stand for tax breaks for the rich and to hell with everyone else. They are the harbingers of mass poverty.

We all have said our share of stupid shit on this board but the Cruz outrage defies logic.

He isn't a mayor. He isn't a governor. He isn't in the state house or state senate.
Outside of standing outside an electric facility with tools to warm the pipes or frozen shit their is literally NOTHING he could do differently than what he did that would have made any difference to anyone anywhere in Texas.

I find the complaints about Cruz to be the most childish political complaints I have seen in years, maybe ever.

Cruz didn't do anything wrong.

And then he did everything wrong.

Maybe he should've given the finger to his freezing constituents from a Cancun beach no?

if-rap-ended-today-dancing-gif.gif

LOLOL

Then you understand what a sleaze Cruz is for first choosing to leave the state he represents while it is in a crisis and second for blaming it on his children.

But, excuses and reason are two different things. He didn't blame his kids for his decision, or use them as an excuse. He needs no excuse to care for his family.

He initially did blame his children. If he wants to put his family ahead of millions of Texans struggling to stay warm then he needs to resign and find another job. Millions of Americans have jobs that may require them to put their job over their family in cases of extreme emergencies. For example, in my state, some utility workers were sent to Virginia to get the power back on. They are away from their families.

So you say. Republicans stand for tax breaks for the rich and to hell with everyone else. They are the harbingers of mass poverty.
Ignorance.

What do you think the rich do when they keep more of THEIR money? Put it under their pillows? :rolleyes:

The point is that the rich don't need any help yet Republicans help them. The people who wondder where their next meal is coming from are told to suck it up.

The hell he didn't. He blamed his kids, but his wife blew that bullshit narrative out of the water. Cruz is pure scum. No wonder his daughter didn't want to hug him.

He initially did blame his children. If he wants to put his family ahead of millions of Texans struggling to stay warm then he needs to resign and find another job. Millions of Americans have jobs that may require them to put their job over their family in cases of extreme emergencies. For example, in my state, some utility workers were sent to Virginia to get the power back on. They are away from their families.

In your example...... You don't think that "some" utility workers opted out of going to Virginia due to personal reasons? Each person has to make their own decisions on what their priorities are.

T. Cruz is still a US Senator even when he's not actually in the country. There are ways humans communicate even when they are separated, just FYI.

That's the job of a Governor, Stupid.

Ted should have STAYED in Cancun and given the finger to the media.
* and to his constituents

Looks like sweaty Teddy still has an eye on winning future elections, rather than 100% catering to far right wing jerks. Quite the juggling act, i imagine.

Forum List

Back