What did Cruz do wrong and what should he have done that would have made ANY difference?

We all have said our share of stupid shit on this board but the Cruz outrage defies logic.

He isn't a mayor. He isn't a governor. He isn't in the state house or state senate.
Outside of standing outside an electric facility with tools to warm the pipes or frozen shit their is literally NOTHING he could do differently than what he did that would have made any difference to anyone anywhere in Texas.

I find the complaints about Cruz to be the most childish political complaints I have seen in years, maybe ever.
He could have least done what AOC and the so-called Hollywood Left have done...raise money to help out...Fundraisers For Texas—From AOC, Beyoncé, Reese Witherspoon And More—Net Millions

I think in a time of acute disaster...he should have stayed. What could he have done? Not sure. But simply being there and visible sends a message to the people who are suffering in HIS state. Going off to Cancun doesn't. At best - really bad optics.
I agree 100% that it was bad optics, but if I were him I would have never apologized. His FIRST priority is his wife and kids. Everything else comes second.

We all have said our share of stupid shit on this board but the Cruz outrage defies logic.

He isn't a mayor. He isn't a governor. He isn't in the state house or state senate.
Outside of standing outside an electric facility with tools to warm the pipes or frozen shit their is literally NOTHING he could do differently than what he did that would have made any difference to anyone anywhere in Texas.

I find the complaints about Cruz to be the most childish political complaints I have seen in years, maybe ever.
Yeah he’s way to good to suffer with the regular TX folks.
Why should he? Are political figures not allowed to look out for their families well being?

WTF is wrong with you idiots.
Yes elitists should not suffer. Running to Mexico while Texas suffers shows real leadership.

What leadership can he offer that would make a difference?

:rolleyes:

Low energy Ted went to Cancun, fer god's sake! Big deal, it's not like he went somewhere nice like Riviera Maya or Cabo. Heck, in a Cancun bar even his ugly wife would get roofied.

Why should he? Are political figures not allowed to look out for their families well being?

Yes elitists should not suffer. Running to Mexico while Texas suffers shows real leadership.

Should he not better understand the problems of Texas? Running to mexico sure won’t make him a better politician or person.

I agree 100% that it was bad optics, but if I were him I would have never apologized. His FIRST priority is his wife and kids. Everything else comes second.

His wife was incapable of flying down there with their kids without him? I guess the voters of Texas will decide next year.

Frankly, this is the kind of thing that can cost someone reelection and Texas isn't as lopsidedly Republican as it used to be. I wouldn't be shocked if in a month or two Cruz announces he isn't running for reelection.

I see you got your talking points. The captain of a ship does not abandon ship when things get tough. He should have postponed his vacation I find you to be the childish one as you can't think for yourself. You have to be told what to say.

If vacationing in Cancun while the rest of us freeze our asses off is acceptable, why did he do a fast u-turn?

I think in a time of acute disaster...he should have stayed. What could he have done? Not sure. But simply being there and visible sends a message to the people who are suffering in HIS state. Going off to Cancun doesn't. At best - really bad optics.
And if the wife and kids what to get out of that freezing town and go lay on the beach in Cancun than that's what a good husband and father does to make happen, I'm sure he was thinking of his freezing constituents back home the whole time and had them in his prayers.

What about leadership eluded you, everything?
The governor is the leader of Texas not Cruz.

We elect people to represent our wishes in DC not leaders.
Biden is the leader of the country and respective governors/mayor's of their locals.

You asshats just want to bitch for the sake of bitching and it really is embarrassing.

Some try to claim the "optics" are bad but what are optics other than the personal butthurt feelings of others?

That would be leadership. Our politicians can’t suffer with the filthy commoners.
If you didnt have to, would you sit there and take it?
I’m not elitist scum. I would stay to help who I could. There was flooding in the neighborhood over the summer. My house was fine, but I didn’t sit comfortably at home. I was out helping neighbors bail water.
You realize that you are talking about something that trump Qultists won't understand at all.

Biden is the leader of the country and respective governors/mayor's of their locals.

You asshats just want to bitch for the sake of bitching and it really is embarrassing.

Some try to claim the "optics" are bad but what are optics other than the personal butthurt feelings of others?
You sure hold politicians to a low standard.

China Joe won't come out of his basement but he sure spends a lot of time defending Hunter. But that's OK, he's not a republican.
Donny Douchebag stayed hidden longer than Joe Biden (God’s choice) ever did.
LOL, You need to clean your stomach window--There wasn't a day in four years that you didn't hear something from or about the 45th and last legally-elected President. Got anymore irrelevant but, but, buts, moron. That was really a poor excuse for a defense.
4ypy05.jpg

"not leaders"........... :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

You sure hold politicians to a low standard.
They've had four years of practice.

You can't think of anything he could have done to help? I see your problem

Funny how AOC is not the leader of Texas either but she did a hell of a lot more than Cruz to help the people in his state.

Forum List

Back