What did our founders really mean when they said “general welfare”?

Corporations should be allowed to fail if their business model is a failing one.
New and more efficient ones will fill the void they leave. That's good ole capitalism.
As K-mart became outdated and inefficient, Walmart filled the void.
as Walmart became outdated and inefficient, Amazon is putting them out of their misery and filling the void.
Same with farming unless due to a verified natural disaster or man induced disaster out of the farmers control.
Americans would be well advised to go back to learning to be food self sufficient.
The government can literally cut off the food supply at any time,

Generally speaking, welfare creates a class of willful under achievers.
But they are great for supporting corrupt political leaders and parties.......LIKE YOURS ;-)
Great countries help those in need
That is why we don’t elect Conservatives

They care only for themselves
Fuk everyone else

If you voted for Trump there’s a good chance you’re a lot like me with regard to why....I voted for him on two policies almost exclusively...First and foremost on how he would deal with illegal Mexicans and the border and second on how he would yank lowlifes off the Democrat induced welfare plantation.
Anyhoo, as we approach the point where welfare reform will be visited I ask for your opinions on EXACTLY what you think our founders meant when they used the phrase “GENERAL WELFARE” in the constitution?

Attention all Smartest Guys In The Room, and legal scholars:
Please spare us the case citations such as the U.S. vs Butler case and the like. I’m interested in YOUR opinions.

IMO, without looking at the applications, I would say an umbrella for life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. It absolutely does not guarantee you'll get welfare, but absolutely is intended to protect us from such things as the left's weaponization of justice for political purposes, the left's rewards and allowances for bad behavior, including the way they sponsor illegals swarming the country, and over- taxation. In other terms, fucking leftists are communists now, can't we call em what they are already?

IMO, without looking at the applications, I would say an umbrella for life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. It absolutely does not guarantee you'll get welfare, but absolutely is meant to protect us from such things as the left's weaponization of justice for political purposes, the left's allowances for bad behavior, including the way they sponsor illegals swarming the country, and from over- taxation. In other terms, fucking leftists are communists now, can't we call em what they are already?
Hilarious

BTW where is melania? She not backing her liar husband.

If you voted for Trump there’s a good chance you’re a lot like me with regard to why....I voted for him on two policies almost exclusively...First and foremost on how he would deal with illegal Mexicans and the border and second on how he would yank lowlifes off the Democrat induced welfare plantation.
Anyhoo, as we approach the point where welfare reform will be visited I ask for your opinions on EXACTLY what you think our founders meant when they used the phrase “GENERAL WELFARE” in the constitution?

Attention all Smartest Guys In The Room, and legal scholars:
Please spare us the case citations such as the U.S. vs Butler case and the like. I’m interested in YOUR opinions.
General welfare was focused on individuals (incl their associations) THe common good is ultimately judged by actual individuals.
THere is no overriding individuals in the name of 'common good' where you can't p;oint to who that really is. BIden violates this CONSTANTLY

When he let that 72-years old woman who was silently praying at an abortion clinic go to prison--- he let BLM go but went after this woman. THis is the thing the Founders HATED.

Last edited:
Great countries help those in need
That is why we don’t elect Conservatives

They care only for themselves
Fuk everyone else
Great parents take care of their kids. That's why we don't elect Marxists. Well, some of us don't, anyway.

Great parents take care of their kids. That's why we don't elect Marxists. Well, some of us don't, anyway.
Great societies care about all kids

Why Conservatives don’t make great societies

What did our founders really mean when they said “general welfare”?​

To me it would be government building a bridge that everyone can use

But not buying a welfare bum a war to drive on that bridge

What did our founders really mean when they said “general welfare”?​

To me it would be government building a bridge that everyone can use

But not buying a welfare bum a war to drive on that bridge
Not all programs help everyone equally.

Some people may have no use for that bridge and complain because it helps others but not them

General welfare helps society as a whole

Forum List

Back