CDZ What do American Muslims want?

I am almost positive that blowing us up has a bigger impact on us than their voting booth preferences.

It certainly has a disproportionate effect on the incidence of abject fear in certain Americans. And it keeps the infotainment media in business.

Then let's take Americans out of the mix. How well is the muslim diaspora working in Europe? Is their fear for their countries disproportionate? We still have a choice. We can follow in France's footsteps and bury our dead, or we can follow Japan's lead and not die. It is mind blowing that there are pc's in this country that think 1. The Muslims that we are importing are completely different than the one's Europe is getting, and 2. That the proportion of dead Americans to the privilege of muslimizing our country is worth it.

Obama wants 10 million Muslims in this country in ten years. Does that not tell you that a temporary "refugee" problem really has nothing to do with this? It is Obama's middle finger to whitey colonialism, at the expense of our safety. I vote no.

Really. Imagine if you will, an America without nearly 1 terror attack per year because we refuse to give the enemy the opportunity. It's easy to make light of the frequency of the attacks on us, if you have not been one of the ones burying their loved ones after an attack.

One attack is too many for me. Imagine an America with NO muslim invasion:

Imagine an America with no Conservative invasion.......

170px-Alfred_P._Murrah_Federal_Building_before_destruction.jpg

Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building as it appeared before its destruction

Really. Imagine if you will, an America without nearly 1 terror attack per year because we refuse to give the enemy the opportunity. It's easy to make light of the frequency of the attacks on us, if you have not been one of the ones burying their loved ones after an attack.

I'm sure that families of mass shootings feel the same. Imagine an America with NO guns.

I'm sure that the families who buried their loved ones after that Christian whacko attacked a Sikh Temple feel the same. Imagine an America with no Christian whackos.

[
Obama wants 10 million Muslims in this country in ten years. Does that not tell you that a temporary "refugee" problem really has nothing to do with this? It is Obama's middle finger to whitey colonialism, at the expense of our safety. I vote no.

Your vote is your vote.

My vote is that America doesn't start banning immigrants and tourists based upon their religion- and that we treat all immigrants and tourists equally- and screen them all adequately

Not sure of the relevance here?

Me either, but you were very intent on using percentages, so I thought, let's at least use the right ones.

well then...70.6% identify as Christian.....Religious Landscape Study

Are Christians the problem in Greece? Do the French consider the % of Christians in France responsible for their dead? Are they making signs for all those Christians groping their children? Are Christians the reason Japan will not allow Muslims to invade their country?
Christians have nothing whatsoever to do with what Muslims in America want. The only reason Christians show up in these conversations is to try to minimize the behavior of the Muslims by maximizing the behavior of Christians.. And it simply does not work.

Maybe the reason it's so easy for everyone to confuse terrorism with Islam is that Islam is a theocratic faith. So anytime Islamic terrorists who are attempting to lead others start engaging in warfare, we blame it on the religion instead of on the politics and the leaders. Do we blame the North Korean dictator's actions on his religion? No. His religion is not in a 'ruling' position in North Korea.
What I'm trying to say is, it is the leaders and the politics that are causing the terrorism, for the exact same reasons that every group and nation has started wars--wish for resources, power, etc. It is not Islam which drives terrorism, although is is being justified as a 'holy war' by their leaders . As has been pointed out here, if you dig into the Koran, you will find places that justify violence and abhorrent practices, but the Old Testament has plenty of those, as well, if you hunt for them.
You're wrong, it's not just the leader causing terrorism, as leaders never highjack the airplane, blow up their shoes or underwear, or attack Westerners, it's the regular Muslim Joe who does that.
You don't believe those Muslim Joes are acting as soldiers for their leaders who inspired them? I do.
You can't simply order someone to blow themselves up, they really, really have to want to.

Jonestown Guyana....
The OP carefully presented the facts, which are that American Muslims have different views than Muslims elsewhere. American Muslims are more similar to other Americans than different. The majority do not support principles embedded in Sharia law.
How do you continue to repeat the same hate filled propaganda with no consideration for the truth?

In that case there must be two different Qurans. One must have replaced the creed that peace is achieved by killing the infidels, with live and let live.
So where are these Muslims that want to be just like the great Satan? Why is there even a discussion of banning Sharia Law in America, since the majority don't support it, and where did you dream up this great divide between Muslims that want to remain true to their faith, and those reject it for apple pie and mom?

What does "being true to their faith" mean exactly? The Quran is full of passages that extol violence and full of passages that extol peace and tolerance. The Bible is is full of passages that extol violence and full of passages that extol peace and tolerance. Both are the religious books for a major world faith.

Given that, why is a different standard being applied to Muslims, the Quran, and Islam then is applied to Christians, the Bible, and Christianity or Jews, the OT and Judaism?

Is a Christian, that refuses to follow the biblical mandates calling for killing, stoning or exterminating unbelievers untrue to their faith?

Of course not.

What you are saying is American Muslims (only) can't possibly be true to their faith if they embrace a more peaceful understanding of it?
Muslims around the world including in the US are starting to lean more and more on the violent parts of Islam.

There is no evidence of that in the American Muslim community.

[

Your vote is your vote.

My vote is that America doesn't start banning immigrants and tourists based upon their religion- and that we treat all immigrants and tourists equally- and screen them all adequately

Just like France....

She has no proof. :lol:

You made the claim, it is your responsibility to support it with proof. The "proof" you provided is clearly spurious.
I did, she simply dismissed it out of hand for some trivial reason.

I provided multiple sources indicating that your poll was poorly constructed. Perhaps you can find some evidence that the Pew poll I used as a source is similarly flawed?

I am anti-Muslim because they slaughter children, behead people, tie them up and drop them into acid, fill pressure cookers with projectiles, fly planes into buildings, blow planes out of the sky, murder hundreds at sporting events, blow up trains, electrocute people, set them on fire, kidnap and sell children into slavery......
And no Christians are not doing the same thing worldwide, even though it is being done to them.

Not anymore- not worldwide.

But Christians have done similar things throughout history. Christians have a long and storied history of slaughtering children- going all the way back to the Old Testament through World War 2.

Here is an idea- attack those who actually promote the vile killings- rather than every Muslim for the acts of the few? I could easily attack all Christians for the misdeeds of a few but that would be just as bad- and bigoted- as what you do.

[

Your vote is your vote.

Just like France....

Actually- like we do things in the United States.

You prefer the United States to be more like Russia- I prefer the United States be more like the United States.

Are Christians the problem in Greece? Do the French consider the % of Christians in France responsible for their dead? Are they making signs for all those Christians groping their children? Are Christians the reason Japan will not allow Muslims to invade their country?
Christians have nothing whatsoever to do with what Muslims in America want. The only reason Christians show up in these conversations is to try to minimize the behavior of the Muslims by maximizing the behavior of Christians.. And it simply does not work.

Do these nonspecific incidents involve American Muslims?

She has no proof. :lol:

You made the claim, it is your responsibility to support it with proof. The "proof" you provided is clearly spurious.
I did, she simply dismissed it out of hand for some trivial reason.
The trivial reason was that your survey used shoddy research practices.
You don't care about a survey's methodology and it's likely reliability?

A poll becomes outdated at some point too, significant changes have taken place since the 2011 Pew Poll.

I'm sure that families of mass shootings feel the same. Imagine an America with NO guns.

I'm sure that the families who buried their loved ones after that Christian whacko attacked a Sikh Temple feel the same. Imagine an America with no Christian whackos.

France hates guns too. Every one of the dead in France were unarmed. We don't have to imagine a France without guns. They are MUCH safer now without them, right? Odd that they seem to think Muslims are the problems now, and not guns.

I think I've figured out why conservatives are so anti-Muslim: Muslims in America: voters share views on the US presidential candidates

In 2008, 89% of US Muslims voted for Democrat Barack Obama, according to a poll by the Council on American-Islamic Relations. In a 2011 survey by the Pew Research Center, some 48% of Muslims living in America said they felt the Republican party was unfriendly towards them. Just 7% said the same of the Democratic party.

I am almost positive that blowing us up has a bigger impact on us than their voting booth preferences.

Do you suppose that voting is the reason that the countries in Europe have taken to the streets to stop the carnage to their countries? Are no groping signs at the kiddie pool the result of distaste for the Muslims choice of candidates? I am anti-Muslim because they slaughter children, behead people, tie them up and drop them into acid, fill pressure cookers with projectiles, fly planes into buildings, blow planes out of the sky, murder hundreds at sporting events, blow up trains, electrocute people, set them on fire, kidnap and sell children into slavery......
And no Christians are not doing the same thing worldwide, even though it is being done to them.

You are using an extremely rare event to broadbrush an entire American community.

You are 7 times more likely to be killed by a rightwing extremist than a muslim extremist.

You are more likely to be shot by a child than killed by a Muslim extremist and you are ten times more likely to be hit by lightening.

10 Reasons You Should Not Fear Muslims
According to the FBI, 94 percent of terrorist attacks carried out inside the United States from 1980 to 2005 have been by non-Muslims. Keyword: Non-Muslims. Looking overseas, less than 2 percent of terrorist attacks carried out in Europe in the past five years have been by Muslims.
You are many times more likely to be a victim of gun violence then Islamic extremism.

So where should our fears be rationally focused?

Pillars article suggests young Muslims are disassociating from their faith. A lack of understanding its history, Koran and traditions were listed. In essence they are assimilating, unfortunately without staying Muslims. To me that indicates a culture that is intolerant.

Forum List

Back