What do Catholics mean when they say

They made a good confession?

As opposed to?
it depends what you tell the priest.....if you give him some juicy shit like you fucked mrs McGillicuddy its a good confession......if its something like i did not go to mass the last 3 Sundays then its just a confession .............

A good confession is to a priest, and there is no significant penalty. A bad confession is to a cop who will send you to the slammer.

As opposed to?

They might mean that they feel a lot better about having confessed whatever it was and it's not weighing in on their conscience anymore.

A regular confession would probably be the run of the mill stuff that doesn't bother them much.

But then again, I don't know, because I'm not Catholic, although I did attend a Catholic school in second and third grade.

What Catholics mean when they tell Batshit Boy the racist bigot to stop being a troll and go away is that they want him to stop being a troll and go away.

I'm beginning to wonder something…

A common claim to be made by the pervert-rights bunch is that if you think there's anything wrong with the sexual perversions that they promote, then that must mean that deep down,you harbor those perversions, and are manifesting self-loathing over them.

If there's any basis at all to that premise, then how does it apply to guano? He seems to be awfully obsessed with Catholicism, and with twisting it and tearing it down. Does this mean that deep down, he believes in Catholicism, and is manifesting self-loathing over it?

I don't really have a dog in this fight. I'm not Catholic myself, and my own beliefs are incompatible with much of Catholicism, but I feel no need to attack Catholics or their faith. It's impossible, however, not to notice just how obsessed batcrap is over it, though.

• Banned
What Catholics mean when they tell Batshit Boy the racist bigot to stop being a troll and go away is that they want him to stop being a troll and go away.

A common claim to be made by the pervert-rights bunch is that if you think there's anything wrong with the sexual perversions that they promote, then that must mean that deep down,you harbor those perversions, and are manifesting self-loathing over them.

If there's any basis at all to that premise, then how does it apply to guano? He seems to be awfully obsessed with Catholicism, and with twisting it and tearing it down. Does this mean that deep down, he believes in Catholicism, and is manifesting self-loathing over it?

I don't really have a dog in this fight. I'm not Catholic myself, and my own beliefs are incompatible with much of Catholicism, but I feel no need to attack Catholics or their faith. It's impossible, however, not to notice just how obsessed batcrap is over it, though.
it was a simple question , if you aren't capable of answering it then bug off

• Banned

I think batcrap suffers from mental illness. He hates G-d because he wants to be G-d. But in real life he is a loser on all levels.
so you have no answers and nothing offer

I think batcrap suffers from mental illness. He hates G-d because he wants to be G-d. But in real life he is a loser on all levels.

I suspect something similar. I think he was probably raised as a Catholic, had good Christian values instilled in him as a child, but has chosen to rebel against these values, and to willfully lead a life of wickedness. I think he knows that what he does is wrong, and is wracked with guilt over it, and blames Christianity in general, and Catholicism in particular, for the guilt and associated misery.

As opposed to?
There is going through the motions, and there is the good confession. Going through the motions is not necessarily bad. This is generally over a set of venial sins/bad habits one would like to break, but don't see it in the immediate realm of possibility. There is probably the underlying thought that it's not that big of a deal--and it may not be. (Swearing might be a good example.)

A good confession is the knowledge and understanding that the actions one is responsible for are hurting others and not God's plan for anyone's life. There is a sincere desire to make reparation to the injured party(s) and change one's behavior to the point of never again doing what one has done--and replacing that sinful act with acts in line with love and the will of God. An easy example is adultery. Adultery can hurt many people, and it requires a complete about face of one's behavior and the renewal of the commitment of one's vows made to one's spouse--and to God.

I suspect something similar. I think he was probably raised as a Catholic, had good Christian values instilled in him as a child, but has chosen to rebel against these values, and to willfully lead a life of wickedness. I think he knows that what he does is wrong, and is wracked with guilt over it, and blames Christianity in general, and Catholicism in particular, for the guilt and associated misery.

Nah, he's just a hateful old loon seeking attention. I've never heard the term "good confession", you go in, fess up and take your medicine

As opposed to?
There is going through the motions, and there is the good confession. Going through the motions is not necessarily bad. This is generally over a set of venial sins/bad habits one would like to break, but don't see it in the immediate realm of possibility. There is probably the underlying thought that it's not that big of a deal--and it may not be. (Swearing might be a good example.)

A good confession is the knowledge and understanding that the actions one is responsible for are hurting others and not God's plan for anyone's life. There is a sincere desire to make reparation to the injured party(s) and change one's behavior to the point of never again doing what one has done--and replacing that sinful act with acts in line with love and the will of God. An easy example is adultery. Adultery can hurt many people, and it requires a complete about face of one's behavior and the renewal of the commitment of one's vows made to one's spouse--and to God.
venial sins

Are there different grades of sin in the catholic church?

Nah, he's just a hateful old loon seeking attention. I've never heard the term "good confession", you go in, fess up and take your medicine
this is what I find but what is the difference between good and regular

How to Make a Good Confession

The most important thing is not to “go to confession,” but “to make a good confession,”

Catholic thought distinguishes between mortal sin and venial sin. Serious sin (murder, robbery, adultery are examples) when done with the intent of knowing it is against the will of God, knowing it places one's soul in danger of hell, knowing one is offending God but one is determined to go through with the act despite this, qualifies as Mortal Sin.

Lying might be a good example of a sin that could be either moral or venial. If one knowingly lies is court and helps convict an innocent man, that is much more serious than telling a friend you are keeping to an agreed upon diet, but are not.

this is what I find but what is the difference between good and regular

The most important thing is not to “go to confession,” but “to make a good confession,”

430. What should we do when we have committed no mortal sin since our last confession?
When we have committed no mortal sin since our last confession, we should confess our venial sins or some sin told in a previous confession, for which we are again sorry, in order that the priest may give us absolution.

I disagree with the bolded and underlined part, and one should never confess a sin twice, how can one when one has confessed it already and received forgiveness for it. That is crazy.

Buddhist confession works so much better for me than Catholic confession ever did. No priest is necessary. You apply the Four Opponent Powers yourself.

Catholic thought distinguishes between mortal sin and venial sin. Serious sin (murder, robbery, adultery are examples) when done with the intent of knowing it is against the will of God, knowing it places one's soul in danger of hell, knowing one is offending God but one is determined to go through with the act despite this, qualifies as Mortal Sin.

Lying might be a good example of a sin that could be either moral or venial. If one knowingly lies is court and helps convict an innocent man, that is much more serious than telling a friend you are keeping to an agreed upon diet, but are not.

When a person misleads another in the name of God, whether they have made great errors in their own speculations or whether they have been mislead themselves, it amounts to intentional murder in the eyes of God especially if they teach others to defy the Law where the penalty is death.

That's what Jesus meant by saying "Satan was a murderer from the beginning", which is a reference to the talking serpent who deceived Adam and Eve in the beginning to defy the command of God for which they remained dead for the rest of their lives.... according to scripture.

Is it really even possible that a priest who violates divine law as the utmost expression of his religious devotion by worshiping the work of human hands is qualified to judge, forgive, or condemn anyone else especially when they themselves are doomed to remain unforgiven for their brazen, and unrepentant devotion to doing and teaching others to do the very things that will always be under the condemnation of God and will always result in death if the very same scriptures that they profess to believe are true are true?

Last edited:
What do Catholics mean when they say they made a good confession? ...

Γνῶθι σεαυτόν. Nosce te ipsum! Dei amor nobis quaestio est de vita principalis atque interrogationes fert decretorias quid sit Deus quidque simus nos.

Last edited:

So its about punishment for being bad?

Forum List

Back