What do Liberals Think About California 'Treason'?

As liberal extremists have and continue to rage all across the country in protest of all things 'Civil War' and the slave owners who are guilty of treason for leading their states out of the Union, they seem to be rather silently or publicly tolerant / supportive of California's up-coming vote to become Independent.

So, based on the argument that the south were a bunch of traitors, doesn't that make California a bunch of traitors?

Yes California
What vote would this be? I live in California and haven't heard anything about this. More trumpanzee fake news?

Probably a Russian backed phony initiative.
No matter what it is, is it 'treason'?

Who in the Confederate States were charged with treason for the vote to secede from the Union?
I was referring to how so many snowflakes have opined that those who fought in the Confederate war - whose states seceded from the union - were 'traitors'.

By comparison, anyone who wants to secede from the union today - especially because they are expected to adhere to the US Constitution and Rule of law instead of continuing to violate them - must be traitors', using the liberal argument.

That doesn't necessarily hold true. The confederate states didn't just want to secede, they actually did so, and fought a war over it. If this California group were to actually get enough support for a vote to secede, and California attempted to do so, and fought for that secession, it would be analogous to the Confederacy.
The South's secession was peaceful...it's when they got grabby with a Federal installation and fired first that the war started.

Who in the Confederate States were charged with treason for the vote to secede from the Union?
I was referring to how so many snowflakes have opined that those who fought in the Confederate war - whose states seceded from the union - were 'traitors'.

By comparison, anyone who wants to secede from the union today - especially because they are expected to adhere to the US Constitution and Rule of law instead of continuing to violate them - must be traitors', using the liberal argument.

That doesn't necessarily hold true. The confederate states didn't just want to secede, they actually did so, and fought a war over it. If this California group were to actually get enough support for a vote to secede, and California attempted to do so, and fought for that secession, it would be analogous to the Confederacy.
The South's secession was peaceful...it's when they got grabby with a Federal installation and fired first that the war started.
The federal government had no right to maintain installations within the borders of South Carolina. Federal forces were trespassing.

Of course, as your mission is to seek and spread division. The Southern States talked about secession many times. That is all you linked to. A discussion. Not a call to arms. They were not traitors for talking about it, there was no treason then and there is no treason talking about it now. Going to give you a big fail on this one.

As liberal extremists have and continue to rage all across the country in protest of all things 'Civil War' and the slave owners who are guilty of treason for leading their states out of the Union, they seem to be rather silently or publicly tolerant / supportive of California's up-coming vote to become Independent.

So, based on the argument that the south were a bunch of traitors, doesn't that make California a bunch of traitors?

Yes California
What vote would this be? I live in California and haven't heard anything about this. More trumpanzee fake news?
No dear, I got it off a California state web site (link posted). Maybe you should pay more attention to what's going on in your state.....

Of course, as your mission is to seek and spread division.
Another false insinuation / accusation...surprise, surprise.

I did link to a discussion, and as part of discussion I merely asked a simple question that has seemingly driven snowflakes bat-shit crazy - would California declaring they have decided to pull out of the union - not that it will ever happen - equate to the same 'treason' some on this board have claimed the south engaged in by seceding from the Union.

Again, simple question - no right or wrong answer, just opinion. No need for personal attacks, just interested in everyone's opinion. This is, after all, a discussion board, right?

Yes California
No dear, I got it off a California state web site (link posted). Maybe you should pay more attention to what's going on in your state.....
I do pay attention about what goes on in my state......now when is this so-called vote going to happen? Because we have no elections scheduled this year........except maybe in a trumpanzee's fantasy fertile mind.

Ok....I went to the link...it's a website.....no vote.....no petition.....no names of people supporting this. The poor OP, I guess, doesn't know that anyone can set up a website........:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just like anyone can claim that H. Clinton will be indicted any day now....any day now...any day now.

Yes California

Secessionists formally launch quest for California's independence

Wanna get away? Calexit secession plan possible, but faces huge hurdles

Yes California
I do pay attention about what goes on in my state......now when is this so-called vote going to happen? Because we have no elections scheduled this year........except maybe in a trumpanzee's fantasy fertile mind.

Good thing you have Google available, it's there to help out the ignorant.

Just like anyone can claim that H. Clinton will be indicted any day now....any day now...any day now.
Just like anyone can falsely claim Trump colluded with Russians and promise to release the evidence to support their BS...any day now...any day now....

So if California tried to secede, you think the federal government should invade and slaughter all the inhabitants?

Oh, so the Union invaded the Confederacy and slaughtered all the inhabitants, did they?

Yes California

I wonder if they'll be going with the same uniforms...

TVC_Confederate_Cavalry_Colonel_promo_copy.jpg

Well, I was certainly oversimplifying, but as I understand it, not only was the secession very contentious, but the peaceful nature of the secession lasted only a few months.

My point was that trying to draw a comparison between an organization in California calling for secession and the Confederacy is silly, and I attempted to quickly add some things that would make such a comparison more valid.

Oh, so the Union invaded the Confederacy and slaughtered all the inhabitants, did they?
Sherman did commit an act of what would be called today Wartime Atrocities / War Crimes by marching through the south and burning down EVERYTHING - homes, etc....

Just saying'....

Sherman did commit an act of what would called today Wartime Atrocities / War Crimes by marching through the south and burning down EVERYTHING - homes, etc....

Just saying'....
And we are still waiting for his indictments for war crimes.....any day now....any day now....

Yes California

I wonder if they'll be going with the same uniforms...

TVC_Confederate_Cavalry_Colonel_promo_copy.jpg

We are talking California. Unfortunately I still live here.
th

Forum List

Back