What do we owe Christianity?

Edward, I looked your name up in my Christian name book - this is to bless you -

Your name:
Edward is Old English
The inherent meaning of your name:
Appointed to Protect

The Scripture assigned to the name Edward is:
John 14:13

And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Every conservative administration this country has ever had was a very powerful central govt

dear, an administration does not determine the power of the central govt.

Do you grasp the concept?
Aaaaaaand I'm wasting my time here.......have a nice day.

Never ever try to carry on a conversation with Eddy Dear.

He knows nothing but thinks he knows everything cuz, see, (he says) he's a published author.

And then he hides behind a snide little insult in every single post.

Last edited:
Let us say, for the sake of argument(and yes, there is bound to be lots of argument here), we do owe christianity for its contributions.

Tell me, How do we repay a religion? Also, does this not also mean we need to repay Judaism and Islam as well? and, How much?

Boy, the church is always looking for new ways to get into your wallet!!

There is only one way to show your gratitude to Jesus Christ. Repent of your sins and believe on Him - It's Romans 10: 9,10, Amrchaos. You must be born again. God doesn't want your money. You cannot buy God - God wants you! Not your money!
Romans 10 9 ASV because if thou shalt confess with thy mouth Jesus as Lord and shalt believe in thy heart that God raised him from the dead thou shalt be saved

Cross References
Matthew 10:32
Every one therefore who shall confess me before men, him will I also confess before my Father who is in heaven.Luke 12:8
And I say unto you, Every one who shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:Acts 2:24
whom God raised up, having loosed the pangs of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.Acts 2:32
This Jesus did God raise up, whereof we all are witnesses.Acts 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus, and thou shalt be saved, thou and thy house.Romans 4:24
but for our sake also, unto whom it shall be reckoned, who believe on him that raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,Romans 10:10
for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
______________________-
On the subject of money - God loves a cheerful giver but you are not to be giving money to the money gospel preachers or you will be judged with them! Better to give to the widow and the orphan - the LORD will bless that giving. The Money Gospel people are preaching a false gospel. Seek the LORD as to where you should go once you accept Jesus into your heart, Amrchaos. He will lead you where to go. Just remember the LORD's yoke is light. There are no rituals, no wicked holidays, keeping up - forced to do horrific things- worrying about punishment if you don't.... - Jesus is not a cruel taskmaster as Satan is - Jesus said His yoke is light! Light as in light!

Last edited:
Let us say, for the sake of argument(and yes, there is bound to be lots of argument here), we do owe christianity for its contributions.

Tell me, How do we repay a religion? Also, does this not also mean we need to repay Judaism and Islam as well? and, How much?

Boy, the church is always looking for new ways to get into your wallet!!

There is only one way to show your gratitude to Jesus Christ. Repent of your sins and believe on Him - It's Romans 10: 9,10, Amrchaos. You must be born again. God doesn't want your money. You cannot buy God - God wants you! Not your money!
Romans 10 9 ASV because if thou shalt confess with thy mouth Jesus as Lord and shalt believe in thy heart that God raised him from the dead thou shalt be saved

Cross References
Every one therefore who shall confess me before men, him will I also confess before my Father who is in heaven.Luke 12:8
And I say unto you, Every one who shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:Acts 2:24
whom God raised up, having loosed the pangs of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.Acts 2:32
This Jesus did God raise up, whereof we all are witnesses.Acts 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus, and thou shalt be saved, thou and thy house.Romans 4:24
but for our sake also, unto whom it shall be reckoned, who believe on him that raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,Romans 10:10
for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
______________________-
On the subject of money - God loves a cheerful giver but you are not to be giving money to the money gospel preachers or you will be judged with them! Better to give to the widow and the orphan - the LORD will bless that giving. The Money Gospel people are preaching a false gospel. Seek the LORD as to where you should go once you accept Jesus into your heart, Amrchaos. He will lead you where to go. Just remember the LORD's yoke is light. There are no rituals, no wicked holidays, keeping up - forced to do horrific things- worrying about punishment if you don't.... - Jesus is not a cruel taskmaster as Satan is - Jesus said His yoke is light! Light as in light!

How about a spanking brand new American dollar? Ok, how about 2 since I don't feel like reading a bunch of biblical verses today?

I'm going to pray that the LORD keeps working on you and wrestles you on your bed at night until you surrender to Him. Then you won't be able to read enough bible scriptures! I am also praying he lavishes you with his love and with his kindness during the daylight hours! That usually works on the hard cases!!!

I'm sure God is sitting on his throne reading his words and is delighted with Edward right now!
Nope. I just saw him posting on the
XBox/Playstation/Nintendo Wii forum.

Do not be silly! God is omnipresent! He is everywhere at once! He isn't a created being like Lucifer you know! Lucifer can only be in one place at a time. But that is not the case with Jesus Christ. He's God Almighty! Jesus Christ is God! He is King of Kings and LORD of LORD's. Creator of heaven and earth! Is there anything too difficult for God? No!

I'm sure God is sitting on his throne reading his words and is delighted with Edward right now!

Do not be silly! God is omnipresent! He is everywhere at once! He isn't a created being like Lucifer you know! Lucifer can only be in one place at a time. But that is not the case with Jesus Christ. He's God Almighty! Jesus Christ is God! He is King of Kings and LORD of LORD's. Creator of heaven and earth! Is there anything too difficult for God? No!
You are the one who believes in fairy tales, not me. That would make you the silly one.

Not according to the Word of God. According to the Word of God it is the fool who says there is no God. I'm no fool, VOR. I'm saved, sanctified and filled with the Holy Spirit.

You need to be born again. Repent. Read Romans 10:9,10.
Cross References
Every one therefore who shall confess me before men, him will I also confess before my Father who is in heaven.
Luke 12:8
And I say unto you, Every one who shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
Acts 2:24
whom God raised up, having loosed the pangs of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Acts 2:32
This Jesus did God raise up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Acts 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus, and thou shalt be saved, thou and thy house.
Romans 4:24
but for our sake also, unto whom it shall be reckoned, who believe on him that raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,
Romans 10:10

Why would you say that "Lucifer" can only be in one place at one time? What has led you to believe that you think you know this absurd thing to be true?

the Christian Church that aided the Dark Ages in Europe.

Dear, when they build the Vatican they had Raphael paint the School of Athens fresco picturing the different philosophies of Plato and Aristotle to indicate that they had inherited Greek philosophy we were carrying it forward and keeping it alive. It led directly to Locke and Jefferson. Do you understand now?

. You may be interested to learn, dear, that the Age of Enlightenment was a result of the waning influence of the Church

Causes
On the surface, the most apparent cause of the Enlightenment was the Thirty Years’ War. This horribly destructive war, which lasted from 1618 to 1648, compelled German writers to pen harsh criticisms regarding the ideas of nationalism and warfare. These authors, such as Hugo Grotius and John Comenius, were some of the first Enlightenment minds to go against tradition and propose better solutions.

See why we are positive that liberalism is based in pure ignorance?

I'm going to pray that the LORD keeps working on you and wrestles you on your bed at night until you surrender to Him. Then you won't be able to read enough bible scriptures! I am also praying he lavishes you with his love and with his kindness during the daylight hours! That usually works on the hard cases!!!

So you want God to kick my ass at night and kiss me in the day, that sounds more like a psycho wife than a busy diety.....hmmm, maybe "wrestle" has another meaning. If so, I prefer you send a goddess or one of those pretty angels you got under your command.

So you want God to kick my ass at night and kiss me in the day, that sounds more like a psycho wife than a busy diety.....hmmm, maybe "wrestle" has another meaning. If so, I prefer you send a goddess or one of those pretty angels you got under your command.

I didn't say that.. read my post to you again. I'm staying the course. There are no goddesses. Those are demons. You do not need anything dragging you to hell. You appear to be doing that on your own. (that's up for change)

I didn't say that.. read my post to you again. I'm staying the course. There are no goddesses. Those are demons. You do not need anything dragging you to hell. You appear to be doing that on your own. (that's up for change)

Ok--send your demoness friend or one of her pretty helpers that you command. As long as its a pretty female, I won't mind....

I'm going to pray that the LORD keeps working on you and wrestles you on your bed at night until you surrender to Him.
Jeremiah

WTF
I'm not to sure about this, But I think that one of the OT authors thoughts on the Hebrew God were heavily influenced by the relationship he had with his wife.

I have to go back and research it to be sure, though.

Forum List

Back