What do you call a woman who has been raped....a proud new gun owner...this one at least.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This woman was raped .......she used to be a member of the anti gun belief system that violent crime does not happen to people....that is just a pro gun myth......

Until she was violently raped by two men.....

Rape Survivor Finds Solace In Firearms Training

Meet Autumn Parkin. Sheā€™s a mother of three from Boise, Idahoā€“and sheā€™s a gun rights advocate. She didnā€™t always use to be this way. In her profile video with The Blaze, she admits that she comes from a liberal background, she did not grow up with firearms in her home, and she pretty much felt that no one needed to own firearms - only the police and criminals had them. Itā€™s the typical mindset of a liberal.

Yet, all of these views came into question when she was brutally raped by two of her classmates in high school. Parkin was only 15-years-old.

She admits that she had a mindset that ā€œviolence is never going to find me.ā€ Parkin tried to fight off her attackers, but said she wasnā€™t able to thwart off the both of them. Six years later, while hosting a party at her home, someone broke a champagne glass on a table and proceeded to thrust the sharpened end through her nose. Parkin said that the conversation leading to this vicious assault ā€œgrew dark,ā€ but she ā€œdidnā€™t want to ruin a good time.ā€

Parkin later said that there was a feeling of being powerless, and a period where she tried to drink herself to death. Luckily, things turned around for her when she met her husband, but still was afflicted with panic attacks. She was, as she put it, totally dependent on her husband for protection. She couldnā€™t go out at night, or venture out alone without feeling anxious.

When she received the final payment of her restitution, Parkin decided to buy a firearm.

Not only was she going to buy a firearm, but also she was going to be ā€œproficientā€ at it. Parkin now says that training with her firearm has been a big part of her road to recovery. I

t was empowering, and she has felt less defenseless. As she noted at the end of the video, along with many other pro-Second Amendment supporters, a gun is the greatest equalizer against an attacker in a self-defense situation.

Feminists need to understand that there are biological differences between men and women; men are stronger.

This aversion to women exercising their Second Amendment rights because they have two x chromosomes isnā€™t only idiotic, but incredibly sexist. Itā€™s a rather odious fairy tale from the political left, namely that a) guns are bad and b) women are too weak to use them. And here I thought this was the 21st century.

And of course this line is what we here all the time here on U.S. from the anti gunner regressives....

She admits that she had a mindset that ā€œviolence is never going to find me.ā€

Forum List

Back