What do you think about Liawatha, and Cheech and Chongs daughter Harris for President

He grew hemp, the kind used for rope-making.

You sure about that? You don’t have to worry about separating males from females when growing hemp.

7 [August]. Began to separate the Male from the Female hemp at Do [ditto for the part of his lands he called “Muddy hole”]—rather too late.
Positive. Hemp and pot are both strains of cannabis, but hemp is tall and thin for long fibers for rope and thread, and has 0.3% THC or less. Pot is shorter and flowerier, and can have as much as 20% THC. The horticulturists at Mt. Vernon are actually growing a plot of hemp, since the gubment now allows some of it.

Um, what you just typed is not proof that Washington was growing hemp and not cannabis. If you are growing strictly for hemp and not for the CBD or THC, you don't care about cross polination. Washington was worried about separating the male plants from the female plants. You don't give a damn about that if all you're making is rope.
I would think that since hemp and pot are different strains of the same plant, the same concepts may apply to each, but I admit I am not an expert by any means on cannabis. I have, however, done my share of research on George Washington. You're right, though, in that I didn't do a very good job showing that hemp was the version Washington actually grew. So ...

George Washington Grew Hemp
Hemp Makes a Return to George Washington's Farm | Smart News | Smithsonian
Hemp Industries Association - History

Hemp is a variety of cannabis. The legal definition of the low THC requirement for hemp varieties is only a recent construct of the drug war. I'm not sure if George worried about that. Most farms grew hemp as a staple crop. Both major strains (Sativa and Indica) have low THC producing varieties. Cannabis is one of the oldest and most useful crops in human history.

He worried about separating the males from the females too late. You don’t much care if you ain’t using the “medicinal” properties.

Forum List

Back