What Does 'Plead the Fifth' Mean? Will Donald Trump Do It?

I'm sure the hope was they could flip Weisselberg. Since he remains loyal to Individual 1 the prosecution will be much harder.

CAN WE GET BACK TO TRUMP? HE'S BEING QUESTIONED IN A CIVIL INVESTIGATION. CAN HE CLAIM THERE'S POTENTIAL FOR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION?
Indeed, his lawyers have already asserted that New York Attorney General Letitia James' civil inquiry is essentially a fact-finding mission for Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's parallel criminal probe.
James has said her investigation found evidence that the businessman-turned-politician’s company, called the Trump Organization, puffed up the value of real estate assets to snag loans, insurance and tax breaks for land donations. Trump has denied the allegations, and the Republican has slammed the investigation as a political “witch hunt” by Democratic officials.
Meanwhile, other fruits of James' probe led the DA's office to bring criminal tax fraud charges against the Trump Organization and its finance chief. The defendants have pleaded not guilty in that case, which involves claims of off-the-books compensation.

They know the last election was a sham and they are terrified of him.
Trumpleton's believe the last election was a sham.........without evidence. Even the people around Trump after the election tried to get him to accept reality. But his ego wouldn't let him. You guys, I don't know what your excuse is other than being delusional cult members.

Trumpleton's believe the last election was a sham.........without evidence. Even the people around Trump after the election tried to get him to accept reality. But his ego wouldn't let him. You guys, I don't know what your excuse is other than being delusional cult members.
Do you ever say anything original?

As expected..........

Ex-President Donald Trump announced on Wednesday morning that he pleaded the Fifth Amendment during his scheduled deposition with New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) in her civil probe into the Trump Organization earlier that day.

In a lengthy screed sent via email and posted on his TRUTH Social app, Trump railed against James’ investigation, which the ex-president claimed was “a vindictive and self-serving fishing expedition.”

“I once asked, ‘If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?’ Now I know the answer to that question,” Trump wrote. “When your family, your company, and all the people in your orbit have become the targets of an unfounded politically motivated Witch Hunt supported by lawyers, prosecutors and the Fake News Media, you have no choice.”

Actually, you do have a choice. If the truth is not incriminating you just answer the questions.

I'm sure the hope was they could flip Weisselberg. Since he remains loyal to Individual 1 the prosecution will be much harder.

CAN WE GET BACK TO TRUMP? HE'S BEING QUESTIONED IN A CIVIL INVESTIGATION. CAN HE CLAIM THERE'S POTENTIAL FOR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION?
Indeed, his lawyers have already asserted that New York Attorney General Letitia James' civil inquiry is essentially a fact-finding mission for Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's parallel criminal probe.
James has said her investigation found evidence that the businessman-turned-politician’s company, called the Trump Organization, puffed up the value of real estate assets to snag loans, insurance and tax breaks for land donations. Trump has denied the allegations, and the Republican has slammed the investigation as a political “witch hunt” by Democratic officials.
Meanwhile, other fruits of James' probe led the DA's office to bring criminal tax fraud charges against the Trump Organization and its finance chief. The defendants have pleaded not guilty in that case, which involves claims of off-the-books compensation.
You can't get away from him! You're pathetic! You think Trump 24/7, eat sleep and breathe Trump! What a whacko!

Will you fascist little DemNazis ever cease from digging yourselves a deeper hole into the pit of Hell?
Raise your hand if you worship EmperorShitzHizPantz!
hunger-games-gale-hawthrone.gif

Heil Shitler!
Lol you clearly have no idea what this gif is and where it’s from

I just want the people to learn the truth about this guy. Everything around him is shrouded in secrecy and confusion.
Seriously? He has been the most exposed president of our lifetime.
Might want to look at Biden for the secrecy and his business dealing,
perhaps look at the Clintons and all the deaths that has followed them.
There are people I would like to learn the truth, Trump's have been exposed.

I just want the people to learn the truth about this guy. Everything around him is shrouded in secrecy and confusion.
To the extent that is true he is responsible. He withheld he tax returns from public view, refused to answer Mueller's questions on obstruction, has plead the 5th in NY, refused to release standard readouts when he spoke with Putin, encouraged witnesses in investigations involving him not to testify or cooperate...............

To the extent that is true he is responsible. He withheld he tax returns from public view, refused to answer Mueller's questions on obstruction, has plead the 5th in NY, refused to release standard readouts when he spoke with Putin, encouraged witnesses in investigations involving him not to testify or cooperate...............
:rolleyes-41:

What are the crimes?

Forum List

Back