What does the US government do when it has no money?

Okay that say the US government needs a billion dollars do they borrow money from the big banks or do they go to the federal reserve and ask them to print billion dollars?

Neither.

Hi, Toddster. How's it going? Good? Good! I pm'd Parker my 'here's how it works' paper on the topic.

That is all.

He's clueless.

Your error filled paper won't help him.

It well has been explain here three times or more when the government needs money it does not print money or go to federal reserve and ask them to print money.

The poster said when the government needs money it gives out Treasury bonds, Treasury bills, and Treasury notes that countries, banks, businesses and people buy. And there is interest on it and over time the US government will pay it off.

Last edited:
When the US government does not have money and it needs to spend money it does not have and they do not want higher tax.

Does the US government borrow money from the big banks? Or does the US government print money or give out government bonds?
Good question because thatr seems to be today. I went to get change to put air in my tire today and I was told all of columbus is now requiring exact change due to a coin shortage. WTF?
All of our change in bottles and cans will be worth money someday.
Guess I better bury a few coffee cans..lol

You may want to see the documentary called money master.

It talks about this problem.

Forum List

Back