What does your belief in god give you the right to control my life?

What does your belief in god give you the right to control my life? I don't hate Jesus and I respect your right to believe what ever you wish, but that doesn't give you the right to stop me from living my life the way I wish either.

Stop messing with people that choose a different course in life. If I wish to be a women = it should be fine! If I choose to pray to the trees = fine...If I choose to do drugs and strip distance on poles = fine.

Religions that take over the politics of their nations are normally hell holes and don't respect human rights.

What religious people are "controlling your life"? Folks of faith have MANY reasons for joining together. Not JUST to talk about God and Scripture. They have the discipline to get up early on their day off and go be social and get inspired to do Good Deeds. They do more for people with less than the Federal Govt does.

And which religions are you talking about that don't respect Human Rights? A lot of that is CULTURE, not religion. And the fundamentalist sects of all religions are a tiny fraction..

Who's stopping you from being a woman or talking to trees or pole dance for tips?

I want to know about this religion that controls his life too. It must be a kick ass religion if it has the power to stop people from being women, stops people from talking to trees and stops them from pole dancing for tips. I want to be part of a religion with the power to control people. Now that is a religion I can get behind. I have heard of another religion that controls the United States Government. Now that is the one I want to be part of more than anything. If a religion has the power to control the most secular government in the world then that is some super power. It must be the super man religion or something.

5f31b7a1e4f7cf23a66494c4691eb631.jpg

Can I talk bad about you as part of my religious practice? Is that ok?

What does your belief in god give you the right to control my life? I don't hate Jesus and I respect your right to believe what ever you wish, but that doesn't give you the right to stop me from living my life the way I wish either.

Stop messing with people that choose a different course in life. If I wish to be a women = it should be fine! If I choose to pray to the trees = fine...If I choose to do drugs and strip distance on poles = fine.

Religions that take over the politics of their nations are normally hell holes and don't respect human rights.
Not one Christian here is stopping you from being a homo. At the same time you have no right to demand they accept you as a homo. It's not your rights being denied it's you denying their rights!

He is talking about a different religion that actually controls people. I'm not sure he is referring to Christianity.

Not one Christian here is stopping you from being a homo. At the same time you have no right to demand they accept you as a homo. It's not your rights being denied it's you denying their rights!

He is talking about a different religion that actually controls people. I'm not sure he is referring to Christianity.
No he's talking about Christians and does often.

I don't want to control your life ... I don't even want to KNOW about your life.

I don't want to control his life either. I just want him to know that when a male has sex with another male he is engaging in very dangerous behavior.

Homosexual men have way more partners than straight men, straight women or homosexual women.

The HIV transmission rate is 18 times more likely when you engage in anal sex than during vaginal intercourse.

People hate you more if you are a gay man than if you are a gay woman or a straight man.

It is absolutely and totally unfair but it is reality. Your life is going to suck ass if you engage in a lifestyle of having frequent male on male anal sex.

I can tell you how stupid it is to smoke cigarettes. I can tell you how stupid it is to drink and drive. For some reason when I warn you about the dangers of male/male gay sex then I am controlling your life rather than just calling you an idiot. What gives? Why is telling someone they are stupid for drunk driving ok but telling someone they are stupid for having gay sex make me some sort of a biggot? What gives? I don't get this.

No he's talking about Christians and does often.

Trust me. I know a lot of Christians. If they could control his life then they would. It is blatantly obvious to sane people that Christians don't have the power to control anybody's life.

You shall not murder
You shall not steal
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
You shall not covet anything that is your neighbor's

Obey these and we have no problem.

You have a problem with that?

You obey them and don't worry about me
Do them and find the police at your door. As it should be.

You seriously ok with legalizing ANY of these CRIMES?

Some people need to be murdered. We all know this. We just don't do it because it is wrong. That is the only reason we don't do it.

Concerning bathrooms...I don't really care if a guy is in there in the stall taking a dump and its a womans bathroom. Gotta go? Go. Same with a woman in the mans bathroom.

Point is..who really cares what plumbing they have when they are squatting on a toilet???? Do they want to look or something? Dayum.

Yeah. They blew up a non-issue for political purposes.

Reading you over the years, all your doing is hiding behind a keyboard Matthew, just throwing stuff out there in left field to get attention and drama.

You don't care about right or wrong while taking another hit on a bong...

You feel your anonymous, so you can say what ever wacky stuff you want ..

Well you are anonymous..

But does that give you the right?

Matthew is a straight 70 year old Christian man that has been married to the same woman for 45 years. He just likes to giggle on the weekend. I have encountered transgender people. They are batshit insane. Matthew doesn't strike me as a transgender. I think he is just having a good ole time reading our posts.

I was a drug and alcohol counselor at a youth facility for 15 years. Your attitude about drugs is ridiculous

If I choose to smoke? Not fine with you
If I choose to eat trans fats ? Not fine with you
If I only want to hire blonds with blue eyes and big tits? Not fine with you
If I want to keep more of the money I earn? Not fine with you

Don't try to pretend that only religious people want to exert control over others

You shall not murder
You shall not steal

I see only two crimes and two other things, while frowned upon, are not illegal.
Bearing false witness is a crime. It's called perjury.
Lie to your friends and associates if you will, but fear God if you do it under oath.

"What does your belief in god give you the right to control my life?", so said the murderer as he was carted off to prison.

If your belief in a deity is your only reason not to murder, something's wrong.

It's not the only reason so don't worry. It's just that many of our societal laws that are good stem from the 10 commandments.

Not really. Most of the Ten Commandments are not actual laws in this country.

You shall not murder
You shall not steal

I see only two crimes and two other things, while frowned upon, are not illegal.
Bearing false witness is a crime. It's called perjury.
Lie to your friends and associates if you will, but fear God if you do it under oath.

Perjury is against the law. What is perjury? Lying under oath to Congress. As for other instances of lying, we frown upon it, but we don't criminalize it. Hence, our politicians.

I totally agree. Christian conservatives want to control us with their beliefs. It's not all about them.

If you ever get around to purchasing a book that doesn't come with crayons, you might begin with the classic analysis of America by Alexis de Tochqueville,
He makes this statement, one which throws your post back down your ignorant throat:

"Although Christianity in its many varieties was the religion of the original colonies, Christianity does not preach operational dominance over the body politic in America.
Tocqueville compared this aspect to Islam: “Mohammed professed to derive from Heaven, and has inserted in the Koran, not only religious doctrines, but political maxims, civil and criminal laws, and theories of science. The Gospel, on the contrary, speaks only of the general relations of men to God and to each other, beyond which it inculcates and imposes no point of faith. This alone, besides a thousand other reasons, would suffice to prove that the former of these religions will never long predominate in a cultivated and democratic age, while the latter is destined to retain its sway at these as at all other periods.”
Tocqueville, “Democracy in America,” vol.2, p. 23.

And, speaking of a creed that does want to control you.....

....compare that to one of the greatest lies offered by the snake, who, I would guess, you supported:
"Obama: 'Islam Has Been Woven Into the Fabric of Our Country Since Its Founding'"
Obama: 'Islam Has Been Woven Into the Fabric of Our Country Since Its Founding'

Go show that to the Republicans who want to bring Christian rule into our lives.

I totally agree. Christian conservatives want to control us with their beliefs. It's not all about them.

If you ever get around to purchasing a book that doesn't come with crayons, you might begin with the classic analysis of America by Alexis de Tochqueville,
He makes this statement, one which throws your post back down your ignorant throat:

"Although Christianity in its many varieties was the religion of the original colonies, Christianity does not preach operational dominance over the body politic in America.
Tocqueville compared this aspect to Islam: “Mohammed professed to derive from Heaven, and has inserted in the Koran, not only religious doctrines, but political maxims, civil and criminal laws, and theories of science. The Gospel, on the contrary, speaks only of the general relations of men to God and to each other, beyond which it inculcates and imposes no point of faith. This alone, besides a thousand other reasons, would suffice to prove that the former of these religions will never long predominate in a cultivated and democratic age, while the latter is destined to retain its sway at these as at all other periods.”
Tocqueville, “Democracy in America,” vol.2, p. 23.

And, speaking of a creed that does want to control you.....

....compare that to one of the greatest lies offered by the snake, who, I would guess, you supported:
"Obama: 'Islam Has Been Woven Into the Fabric of Our Country Since Its Founding'"
Obama: 'Islam Has Been Woven Into the Fabric of Our Country Since Its Founding'

Go show that to the Republicans who want to bring Christian rule into our lives.

Perhaps you mean these Christians:

“52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.” http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2010/02/new_column_libe_4.html

Believers in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, or, as they would be known today, “an extremist Fundamentalist hate group.”
Coulter

You're a government school grad, huh?

"What does your belief in Scientific Philosophy give you the right to tax and regulate my life?"

You shall not murder
You shall not steal

Theft, murder, and resentment to the point of (you or anyone) lying and making things up to try to own or gain control over something another person owns are basics of civil laws.

Forum List

Back