What exactly are "Christian Values"?

I guess I should have been more specific.

When BODE gets all big-eyed innocent *asking questions* it's a bait thread, because all she's doing is trying to make some point..that she never actually makes, and probably doesn't even fully conceive of in her own brain anyway.

But it's still a bait thread. Meant to offend, accuse, ridicule, and in general sow malcontent and hate.

*yawn*.

Bait thread.

So, "koshergrl" it is a "bait thread" to ask what "christian values" are.

Good to know.

And for those who actually took the time to discuss this with me....thank you. It was appreciated.

I did take the time... You were Trolling and refused to engage... Most Honest people see what you were doing here and why you Avoided my Question. :thup:

:)

peace...

And if I had to guess, and since Bode brought it up...I would suspect her daughter is receiving mail from this particular Christian institute because she requested it.

That's gotta chafe a bit, eh?

And if I had to guess, and since Bode brought it up...I would suspect her daughter is receiving mail from this particular Christian institute because she requested it.

Nope...she didn't. IN fact she has asked why they keep on. She has no desire to leave CA for any school, let alone that one. But thanks for your time "koshergrl" even if it was more about you complaining about this being a "troll thread"...rather than actually trying to tackle the question in the OP.

Last edited:
You betcha. I don't tackle *questions* in bait threads. You aren't interested in an answer. You're interested in attacking Christianity. And you're willing to bring your daughter into the convo to attempt to legitimize it.
Cute!

You betcha. I don't tackle *questions* in bait threads. You aren't interested in an answer. You're interested in attacking Christianity. And you're willing to bring your daughter into the convo to attempt to legitimize it.
Cute!

Nope....Christianity isn't a problem...no attack here. Just wondering why some university would claim to teach "Christian values" when the definition of "Christian values" seems to be so elusive to some.

Cute!

Reasonably new here and have no allegiances.
You have looked very, very silly on this thread.

Nope...she didn't. IN fact she has asked why they keep on. She has no desire to leave CA for any school, let alone that one. But thanks for your time "koshergrl" even if it was more about you complaining about this being a "troll thread"...rather than actually trying to tackle the question in the OP.

Was my question difficult for you? ...

Can't figure out why you are afraid of it. :dunno:

peace...

No. Christ died on the cross because when your grandson is 14, he's going to shoot a little heroin, steal grandpa's bike, rob a convenient store, killing the manager..........

Do you believe that your grandson will live a completely sinless life? If not, you may want to introduce him to the man that loved your grandson enough to die to keep him out of court and out of the justice system altogether.

Oh and Pops, Jesus loved sonny's grandfather first. Could you benefit from a little forgiveness? The ability to receive it was made available 2,000 years ago. :eusa_angel:

Well, my problem stems from, among other things, the fact that Christian doctrine makes no scense whatever. As I understand it, God created man with the ability to make his own decisions, all the while already knowing that his creation is steeped in sin, and thus a flawed creation, and doomed to hell for eternity, he blames that on us, too, ignoring his own part in creating a flawed man. But, if we follow certain guidelines in a man written book, the Bible, we can be salvaged. If not, his creation will burn in hell for eternity, but he LOVES us!

That's an age-old stumbling block that many, many folks can't get past. Most people don't understand the foundational occurrence that took place in the Garden of Eden. They also don't understand God's gift to man -- free will. God didn't create a bunch of autobots who would worship Him by force. He gave them a choice but He also explained the consequences would be if man chose the wrong path. Man ignored Him. God, being just and true, simply followed through with His promise and man fell from grace as a result. Yes, the serpent was present and tempted man but man is ultimately responsible for ignoring God's simple command not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter. Even among those who follow The God of Abraham as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran, there is absolutely zero consensus on EVERYTHING and damn little consensus on much.

If you need proof that The God of Abraham is a poor example of both Father and God, look no further than His highly dysfunctional modern family.

If God is, doesn't it make sense that She's way bigger than all of the ancient stories combined, let alone any one or two of three conflicting stories that start with tales of a physical, ongoing relationship between God and a middle-class Bedouin who lived 6,000 years ago?

What makes Abraham and the voice in his head so fucking special? :dunno:

`

Anyway, I've said about all I can say. I don't expect to change anyone's mind. This is a forum where everyone already knows everything. I've tried to remain civil but I'm starting to see a change in "scenery" here. Hope I answered the OP's question.

You did....but is it "values" or is it "dogma"....as in teaching "christian dogma"? Thank you for participating.

You can't have it both ways.
If the values that Christ lived by are not exclusive to Christians, but seen in all sorts of people, then how can you convert those values into dogma when Christians use them, and condemn the teaching of the values that Christ lived by as being some sort of indoctrination. They are either values or dogma.
Why are they values for others but dogma for Christians?

And are you sure that the institution said their value based curriculum was exclusively Christian? Kept by Christians only? Or did they say they taught the values and standards that Christians use.
Are you sure they said that their institution was the only place you can find these values because they are exclusive to Christians?

I think you may have looked for arrogance where there really was none.
They advertised that they adhere to the values that Christians associate with.

Anyway, I've said about all I can say. I don't expect to change anyone's mind. This is a forum where everyone already knows everything. I've tried to remain civil but I'm starting to see a change in "scenery" here. Hope I answered the OP's question.

You did....but is it "values" or is it "dogma"....as in teaching "christian dogma"? Thank you for participating.

If the values that Christ lived by are not exclusive to Christians, but seen in all sorts of people, then how can you convert those values into dogma when Christians use them, and condemn the teaching of the values that Christ lived by as being some sort of indoctrination. They are either values or dogma.

And are you sure that the institution said their value based curriculum was exclusively Christian? Kept by Christians only? Or did they say they taught the values and standards that Christians use.
Are you sure they said that their institution was the only place you can find these values because they are exclusive to Christians?

You ask good questions. No, I am not sure they are exclusively Christian values...I can only go by what they say...which is "Christian values". Now....that leads me to believe that they are toting those values as exclusively Christian....thus the label. Personally, I believe that Christianity doesn't have a hammer lock on the kinds of good values we'd like to see students be raised with.

If God is, doesn't it make sense that She's way bigger than all of the ancient stories combined, let alone any one or two of three conflicting stories that start with tales of a physical, ongoing relationship between God and a middle-class Bedouin who lived 6,000 years ago?

What makes Abraham and the voice in his head so fucking special? :dunno:

`

Have another drank and go to bed, Joe...

You've got an early morning editing Connery flames in the 4F. :lol:

peace...

There's a Arizona private college that frequently advertises on the radio here...Grand Canyon University. They also heavily recruited our daughter (no idea why)...even tho she's a college sophomore now, we still get calls and literature from them. They go on, in their ad, about teaching in an atmosphere of "Christian Values". Could someone give a list please?

According to their website:
Christian University | Grand Canyon University

Grand Canyon University's Christian University position includes the following beliefs:
We are seeking to understand God's truth through the lens of our Christian faith.
All people are created in the image of God and therefore all people are valued.
Being made in the image of God also means that each person is a free moral agent and chooses his or her values.
All people have talents uniquely give to them by God.
People's need for wholeness is met in Jesus Christ.
God has a purpose for our lives and He prepares and calls us to that purpose.
God's love compels us to build community in harmony with all people.

~~~~~

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mal
It's quite possible that values overlap.

"American values" have many of the same entries on the list as do "Christian values", "Muslim values", and others.

The thing that sets the lists apart from one another is not their similarities but their differences.

"Remember kids... it's perfectly o.k. to share values with those assholes, as long as you remember the dogma that makes us different!"

`

You ask good questions. No, I am not sure they are exclusively Christian values...I can only go by what they say...which is "Christian values". Now....that leads me to believe that they are toting those values as exclusively Christian....thus the label. Personally, I believe that Christianity doesn't have a hammer lock on the kinds of good values we'd like to see students be raised with.

Values like what?...

And who are "we"?...

Don't bother trying to be Honest and Answer that, I am simply Exposing you. :thup:

peace...

Now it seems that you are angry at something I never said. That's right, I never said there was no such thing as Christian values...I'm trying to find out what they are....and if they are exclusion to Christianity. This inquiry angers you in some way and I don't know why.

:lmao: I've been posting with you for a long time on here, you serious girl??

Yes. But you seem to have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to this thread. Not sure why tho.

Funny, but I have the very same perception of you! You seem to have a HUGE chip on your shoulder since you started a thread like you're just some innocent, naive little non-believer who just needs things explained to her like she's a little baby. When everyone in here who's been here for any length of time knows it for the bullshit it is. I would have far more respect for you if you had just started the op off that you don't think there is anything such as 'Christian values', just 'values'. You know, if you'd been honest and up front about your opinion on the topic instead of acting like you're a naive, uneducated non-believer who needs these things explained to her. Or do you really need it explained? I say that you don't, otherwise you wouldn't keep asking, i.e. taunting, throughout the entire thread whenever people who don't really know you are trying to be nice and explain it to you. So who does that make more of a tool, they who are being nice (much nicer than I am..) or you who are acting like 'stupid little me, I need help'?

Who has started more threads in here, you taunting Christians about various beliefs they have or me taunting anyone about any beliefs they have? I have ZERO threads in here, how many do you have? And I'm the one with the 'chip'? :lol:

Please document where they say it is "exclusive" to them. :thup:

peace...

Cute!

Yes, The Little Girl Who Cried Wolf has cried far more often than she apparently thinks, or she thinks no one has a memory. Or she's immature enough that posting this shit time after time after time brings her some kind of childish amusement. ;) Hey, whatever works for her I guess.

:lmao: I've been posting with you for a long time on here, you serious girl??

Yes. But you seem to have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to this thread. Not sure why tho.

Funny, but I have the very same perception of you! You seem to have a HUGE chip on your shoulder since you started a thread like you're just some innocent, naive little non-believer who just needs things explained to her like she's a little baby. When everyone in here who's been here for any length of time knows it for the bullshit it is. I would have far more respect for you if you had just started the op off that you don't think there is anything such as 'Christian values', just 'values'. You know, if you'd been honest and up front about your opinion on the topic instead of acting like you're a naive, uneducated non-believer who needs these things explained to her. Or do you really need it explained? I say that you don't, otherwise you wouldn't keep asking, i.e. taunting, throughout the entire thread whenever people who don't really know you are trying to be nice and explain it to you. So who does that make more of a tool, they who are being nice (much nicer than I am..) or you who are acting like 'stupid little me, I need help'?

Who has started more threads in here, you taunting Christians about various beliefs they have or me taunting anyone about any beliefs they have? I have ZERO threads in here, how many do you have? And I'm the one with the 'chip'? :lol:

Obvious Bait Thread is Obvious... Inability to Engage certain questions is Illustrative... Should anyone be surprised by this?... :dunno:

peace...

Forum List

Back