What exactly are "Christian Values"?

So what? Does that mean that you 'win' or something? Is this some kind of game to you or something? You're all a bunch of mindless children. :cuckoo: Don't call them 'Christian values' then, no one is forcing you too, and no one cares... but you... :eusa_shhh:

Concession accepted.

Good for you! Do you feel better, have I validated you now? Who controls who here? :lol:

So far you have conceded that there is only one Christian value and you disdain the Fruits of the Spirit.
We know God doesn't control you.

Well, my problem stems from, among other things, the fact that Christian doctrine makes no scense whatever. As I understand it, God created man with the ability to make his own decisions, all the while already knowing that his creation is steeped in sin, and thus a flawed creation, and doomed to hell for eternity, he blames that on us, too, ignoring his own part in creating a flawed man. But, if we follow certain guidelines in a man written book, the Bible, we can be salvaged. If not, his creation will burn in hell for eternity, but he LOVES us!

I'm afraid your problem stems from a lack of understanding.

Christian doctrine regarding our eternal souls:
The punishment for sin is death.
Christ agreed to pay for our sins in our place, so we would be spared judgment and sentencing.
Our souls live and live abundantly, eternally. :eusa_angel:
It makes perfect sense to a sinner.

Actually most sins have very specific punishments attributed to them.

Where do you get that the punishment for every sin is death?

The wages of sin is death.

We die because we sin.

We achieve eternal life and ultimately cheat the sentence of death for our sins by the grace of God, through his son the Christ.

That's where he gets it. From the Bible. Maybe you could read it some day. There's something in there for everyone, and I do mean everyone. Even assholes who are just reading it to take phrases and words out of context, and to pretend they mean something other than what they do....like Bode.

So what? Does that mean that you 'win' or something? Is this some kind of game to you or something? You're all a bunch of mindless children. :cuckoo: Don't call them 'Christian values' then, no one is forcing you too, and no one cares... but you... :eusa_shhh:

No need to get angry over this....the OP was about a commercial from a College referring to teaching "Christian Values"...just trying to find out what that would mean....exactly.

Angry? :lol: You're the angry one, getting on your high horse claiming that there is no such thing as 'christian values', and demanding that we all admit it. Cause I guess it will make you feel better, validated in some way? Give me a break.. You're the one obviously seeking something, affirmation or whatever, like I said, seek help!
Now it seems that you are angry at something I never said. That's right, I never said there was no such thing as Christian values...I'm trying to find out what they are....and if they are exclusion to Christianity. This inquiry angers you in some way and I don't know why.

I'm afraid your problem stems from a lack of understanding.

Christian doctrine regarding our eternal souls:
The punishment for sin is death.
Christ agreed to pay for our sins in our place, so we would be spared judgment and sentencing.
Our souls live and live abundantly, eternally. :eusa_angel:
It makes perfect sense to a sinner.

We die because we sin.

We achieve eternal life and ultimately cheat the sentence of death for our sins by the grace of God, through his son the Christ.

That's where he gets it. From the Bible. Maybe you could read it some day. There's something in there for everyone, and I do mean everyone. Even assholes who are just reading it to take phrases and words out of context, and to pretend they mean something other than what they do....like Bode.

So...and I know this is off the topic of "Christian values"...we die because we sin? IF we didn't sin, we wouldn't die?

We die because we sin.

So...and I know this is off the topic of "Christian values"...we die because we sin? IF we didn't sin, we wouldn't die?

No. In Adam all sinned. Adam was the prototype and all the copies can't do any better. it was through Adam's sin that sin entered the world.

No need to get angry over this....the OP was about a commercial from a College referring to teaching "Christian Values"...just trying to find out what that would mean....exactly.

Angry? :lol: You're the angry one, getting on your high horse claiming that there is no such thing as 'christian values', and demanding that we all admit it. Cause I guess it will make you feel better, validated in some way? Give me a break.. You're the one obviously seeking something, affirmation or whatever, like I said, seek help!

Now it seems that you are angry at something I never said. That's right, I never said there was no such thing as Christian values...I'm trying to find out what they are....and if they are exclusion to Christianity. This inquiry angers you in some way and I don't know why.

:lmao: I've been posting with you for a long time on here, you serious girl??

Because he is generally a very angry poster.

Last edited:

We die because we sin.

No. In Adam all sinned. Adam was the prototype and all the copies can't do any better. it was through Adam's sin that sin entered the world.

So...one would need to believe in Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden literally?

Yes. But you seem to have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to this thread. Not sure why tho.

Yes. But you seem to have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to this thread. Not sure why tho.
The term as commonly used, refers to conservative issues, some of which are not very Christian in my opinion and are certainly not the exclusive property of Christians . It's used to promote political agendas, usually anti-abortion legislation, abstinence-only sex education, prayer in schools, anti-gay legislation, intelligent design, and obliquely to support conservative issues such as reduction in social services, environmental protection regulations, and government spending.

Who said I was an atheist? Here you are, jumping to a conclusion all on your own...Is anyone who doesn't toe what you think is the Christian line an "atheist"?

What are you then... Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God as it is Written?

:)

peace...

Honest Question, Bodey... You capable of Answering Honestly in the Religion Forum or are you just Trolling here?

peace...

Still waiting in this Obvious Bait thread that is somehow surviving in Religion...

Your lack of Response to this Question is Proof that you are Trolling and Baiting and have not intention of Debating the Subject and Question you have posed.

peace...

Forum List

Back