What exactly are "Christian Values"?

Are those values exclusive to Christians and Christianity?

Why does a value have to be exclusive to Christianity to be a Christian value? You wanted to know what Christian values are. You didn't ask for what values are exclusively Christian.

You bring up the crux of my puzzlement. Why say they are Christian values if they are not exclusive to Christianity?

Because they are values that are Christian... Why on earth would they mention values they didn't hold?

Why does a value have to be exclusive to Christianity to be a Christian value? You wanted to know what Christian values are. You didn't ask for what values are exclusively Christian.

You bring up the crux of my puzzlement. Why say they are Christian values if they are not exclusive to Christianity?

Because they are values that are Christian... Why on earth would they mention values they didn't hold?

Are they JUST Christian?

There's a Arizona private college that frequently advertises on the radio here...Grand Canyon University. They also heavily recruited our daughter (no idea why)...even tho she's a college sophomore now, we still get calls and literature from them. They go on, in their ad, about teaching in an atmosphere of "Christian Values". Could someone give a list please?

:eek: You mean you don't know what they are?? How do you then taunt and belittle Christians on the board and point out when they're supposedly not following them? Not doing what Jesus would do? I thought all you atheists were absolute experts on what 'Christian values' were?? And now the truth finally comes out that you have no damn clue! Go figure... :lol:

Accept what you're told as the absolute truth and don't ask questions.

Don't know what kind of church you attended, but I've never been taught nor told that in any church I've ever gone too. :eusa_whistle:

I think the basic tenets of the New Testament amount to Christian values. A value is moral tenet by which a Christian measures his own steps in the sight of God. Jesus and Paul are especially emphatic concerning the "dos" and "don'ts" of a Christian's walk in life.

The "beatitudes" are one such list found in the early chapter of Mathew 5. "Blessed are the ..." Do all Christians attempt or yearn to walk such a path? Nope! I've known many Christians (believers in Christ) who walk as "the world" walks. Nevertheless, the true "values" of a Christian are found in the Bible (specifically the New Testament).

Christ left Christians with two great commandments:
1) Love God with all of our heart, mind, and soul.
2) Love our neighbor's as we love ourselves.

Paul discusses the importance of charity which he places at the top of the list. He also tells us not to do anything that would give the "appearance of evil."

Ok, are your two numbered values expressly Christian?

Let's look at #2 for a second.....does one have to be or study Christians/Christianity to have that value?

Where has anyone said that certain moral standards are 'expressly Christian', you set up a strawman, then attack it. Nice job!

Believing that Christ is your Savior, and the path to salvation and eternal life.

All other 'values' can be adhered to by anyone that doesn't have that one. Satisfied?

I think the basic tenets of the New Testament amount to Christian values. A value is moral tenet by which a Christian measures his own steps in the sight of God. Jesus and Paul are especially emphatic concerning the "dos" and "don'ts" of a Christian's walk in life.

The "beatitudes" are one such list found in the early chapter of Mathew 5. "Blessed are the ..." Do all Christians attempt or yearn to walk such a path? Nope! I've known many Christians (believers in Christ) who walk as "the world" walks. Nevertheless, the true "values" of a Christian are found in the Bible (specifically the New Testament).

Paul discusses the importance of charity which he places at the top of the list. He also tells us not to do anything that would give the "appearance of evil."

Let's look at #2 for a second.....does one have to be or study Christians/Christianity to have that value?

Troll much? Did you notice some new christians that you just had to introduce to your perfidy?

Clear as glass, Bod... get a new gig, this one is old. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
There's a Arizona private college that frequently advertises on the radio here...Grand Canyon University. They also heavily recruited our daughter (no idea why)...even tho she's a college sophomore now, we still get calls and literature from them. They go on, in their ad, about teaching in an atmosphere of "Christian Values". Could someone give a list please?

They tell you what they are on their web site.
Look it up.

Then she wouldn't be able to troll and insist that there's no such thing as 'christian values', what fun would that be? ;)

Because they are the values that christans believe in. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Just like you believe in Homo values, same sex marriage and hating christians.

No, not really.The principle tenet of Christianity is to put God above all.

Where has anyone said that certain moral standards are 'expressly Christian', you set up a strawman, then attack it. Nice job!

Believing that Christ is your Savior, and the path to salvation and eternal life.

All other 'values' can be adhered to by anyone that doesn't have that one. Satisfied?

Perfect.
You have confirmed there is no reason to use the term "Christian values" other than believing Christ is your savior.
Now you are on the same side.
Why the aggressive tone?
You agree.

What radio station? Secular radio, Christian or religious radio?

A question to ask is how many courses do they have to take that are Christian. There is a college near us that only requires students to take two Christian classes so I don't know how they justify calling themselves a Christian college while they invite non-Christians in.

One of my friends had to help her friend wash human waste off of her car because she told on her room mate having sex at the college. She couldn't study because her room mate was always having sex in the dorm so they came up with a code word when they were having sex.

Ask to see their statement of faith and any rules they are expected to follow. Some of the rules might just be on an online application.

Ask them, tell us and then we'll go from there. I pulled the website up but I don't have time to look.

:eek: You mean you don't know what they are?? How do you then taunt and belittle Christians on the board and point out when they're supposedly not following them? Not doing what Jesus would do? I thought all you atheists were absolute experts on what 'Christian values' were?? And now the truth finally comes out that you have no damn clue! Go figure... :lol:

Was Paul an expert?
Why do you laugh at what he lists as defining Christian values?
Peace, love, joy, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.
You don't demonstrate these on the threads you participate in.
Why?
Are these not Christian values? Was Paul wrong?

Embracing what God called an Abomination and Sin and make it Equal to what Jesus described when Defining Marriage...

That's what you wish a Christian Value was. :thup:

:)

peace...

Who said I was an atheist? Here you are, jumping to a conclusion all on your own...Is anyone who doesn't toe what you think is the Christian line an "atheist"?

Was Paul an expert?
Peace, love, joy, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.
Why?

But are those EXCLUSIVE to Christians? That's what I'm trying to find out.

Who said I was an atheist? Here you are, jumping to a conclusion all on your own...Is anyone who doesn't toe what you think is the Christian line an "atheist"?

What are you then... Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God as it is Written?

:)

peace...

Was Paul an expert?
Why?

But are those EXCLUSIVE to Christians? That's what I'm trying to find out.
No of course not.
I'm on your side in this debate.
Just pointing out his blatant hypocrisy.

That's an interesting point. Christians don't have a monopoly on morality which probably prompted the Right to adopt the term family values.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back