What exactly are "Christian Values"?

Did Christ die on the cross to save my grandson from eternal hell because of his sin? I am curious about that, because he is 2 years old. Why is god so pissed off at a 2 year old? Because he spilled his milk while in his high chair?

Yes. Christ died for all of us and to cleanse us all of our sins (including your grandson). I don't think that spilling milk is a sin, however.

Your grandson is under the age of accountability so even if for some reason he passed away prematurely (God forbid) he would not be held accountable for his sin nature. However, for a person who has reached the age of accountability one must accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior before His sacrifice will be of any eternal effect upon that person. Christ says that them who deny Him are condemned. It's one of those tenets that many modern Churches like to ignore.

John 3:18, "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Interesting. I've read the Bible cover to cover three times, and I never once remember reading anything about "age of accountability".

Source?

It's an Old Testament reference concerning the age by which the men of Israel would be counted. The age in the OT is 20 years old. However, I personally believe (personal opinion) that the age of accountability is that age at which a person truly understands the difference between right and wrong in a mature manner. That is -- they know WHY something is right or wrong. It's when a person's conscience becomes mature. The New Testament also talks about the consequences of someone knowing to do right but chooses to do wrong anyway. Church leaders often fall under more scrutiny.

Numbers 1:45, "So were all those that were numbered of the children of Israel, by the house of their fathers, from twenty years old and upward, all that were able to go forth to war in Israel;"

Last edited:
Did Christ die on the cross to save my grandson from eternal hell because of his sin? I am curious about that, because he is 2 years old. Why is god so pissed off at a 2 year old? Because he spilled his milk while in his high chair?

No. Christ died on the cross because when your grandson is 14, he's going to shoot a little heroin, steal grandpa's bike, rob a convenient store, killing the manager..........

Do you believe that your grandson will live a completely sinless life? If not, you may want to introduce him to the man that loved your grandson enough to die to keep him out of court and out of the justice system altogether.

Oh and Pops, Jesus loved sonny's grandfather first. Could you benefit from a little forgiveness? The ability to receive it was made available 2,000 years ago. :eusa_angel:

Well, my problem stems from, among other things, the fact that Christian doctrine makes no scense whatever. As I understand it, God created man with the ability to make his own decisions, all the while already knowing that his creation is steeped in sin, and thus a flawed creation, and doomed to hell for eternity, he blames that on us, too, ignoring his own part in creating a flawed man. But, if we follow certain guidelines in a man written book, the Bible, we can be salvaged. If not, his creation will burn in hell for eternity, but he LOVES us!

There's a Arizona private college that frequently advertises on the radio here...Grand Canyon University. They also heavily recruited our daughter (no idea why)...even tho she's a college sophomore now, we still get calls and literature from them. They go on, in their ad, about teaching in an atmosphere of "Christian Values". Could someone give a list please?

Unfortunately, for most on the social right, ‘Christian values’ means a dogma of hostility toward gay Americans and their civil rights, hostility toward Establishment Clause jurisprudence that correctly mandates a separation of church and state as required by the Framers, and hostility toward facts and objective scientific evidence that conflicts with that errant, subjective religious dogma.

Christians are of course at liberty to believe whatever they wish, and practice their faith however they see fit; they are not, however, at liberty to seek to codify their religious dogma in secular laws all must obey.

I don't hate gays or even have an "agenda" concerning gays, on an individual basis. However, I have a responsibility as a Christian to stand against the agenda that gays have against Christians. I also have a responsibility to protect young minds from the anti-Christian "values" being preached in public schools and Universities. It's the gay, political special interests and lobbyists that I oppose -- and oppose vehemently.

Christian values depends on the Christian you ask. Each has differing views, so how that college could state they practice it is beyond me.

Hi sweetie Gracie. Christian values stem from the life of Christ. They don't, or should not depend on interpretation. They are well defined in the scriptures that Christ adhered to and the example He set. They are His values.
If an institution attempts to emulate or draw attention to those values as a guideline for their institution, conveying that shouldn't be a problem. Most institutions have creeds. :eusa_angel:

Yes. Christ died for all of us and to cleanse us all of our sins (including your grandson). I don't think that spilling milk is a sin, however.

Your grandson is under the age of accountability so even if for some reason he passed away prematurely (God forbid) he would not be held accountable for his sin nature. However, for a person who has reached the age of accountability one must accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior before His sacrifice will be of any eternal effect upon that person. Christ says that them who deny Him are condemned. It's one of those tenets that many modern Churches like to ignore.

John 3:18, "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Interesting. I've read the Bible cover to cover three times, and I never once remember reading anything about "age of accountability".

Source?

It's an Old Testament reference concerning the age by which the men of Israel would be counted. The age in the OT is 20 years old. However, I personally believe (personal opinion) that the age of accountability is that age at which a person truly understands the difference between right and wrong in a mature manner. That is -- they know WHY something is right or wrong. It's when a person's conscience becomes mature. The New Testament also talks about the consequences of someone knowing to do right but chooses to do wrong anyway. Church leaders often fall under more scrutiny.

So, other than the Old Testament, which was written for, by, and about Jews, there is no Biblical source that would differentiate my 2 year old grandson from a totally corrupt and perverted old man in God's eyes. However, many Christians have "read between the lines" so to speak, and determined that if my 2 year old grandson were to die today, god would not consider him a sinner. You see, I have a sister-in-law who is a fundamental Christian, who says that if you do not believe every word of the Bible, it is just the same as throwing it in a fire and dismissing the whole book. And that, as unpleasant as it sounds actually makes sense to me. The Bible says without reservation that every man is born a sinner. I say that is not true. Therefore, parts of the Bible are not to be trusted. Therefore, none of the Bible can be trusted.

No. Christ died on the cross because when your grandson is 14, he's going to shoot a little heroin, steal grandpa's bike, rob a convenient store, killing the manager..........

Do you believe that your grandson will live a completely sinless life? If not, you may want to introduce him to the man that loved your grandson enough to die to keep him out of court and out of the justice system altogether.

Oh and Pops, Jesus loved sonny's grandfather first. Could you benefit from a little forgiveness? The ability to receive it was made available 2,000 years ago. :eusa_angel:

Well, my problem stems from, among other things, the fact that Christian doctrine makes no scense whatever. As I understand it, God created man with the ability to make his own decisions, all the while already knowing that his creation is steeped in sin, and thus a flawed creation, and doomed to hell for eternity, he blames that on us, too, ignoring his own part in creating a flawed man. But, if we follow certain guidelines in a man written book, the Bible, we can be salvaged. If not, his creation will burn in hell for eternity, but he LOVES us!

That's an age-old stumbling block that many, many folks can't get past. Most people don't understand the foundational occurrence that took place in the Garden of Eden. They also don't understand God's gift to man -- free will. God didn't create a bunch of autobots who would worship Him by force. He gave them a choice but He also explained the consequences would be if man chose the wrong path. Man ignored Him. God, being just and true, simply followed through with His promise and man fell from grace as a result. Yes, the serpent was present and tempted man but man is ultimately responsible for ignoring God's simple command not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? (Micah 6:8)

Sums up Christian values nicely.

Pity a significant number of Christians – likely the majority – don’t abide by those values.

And such values are not unique to Christianity, they’re ancient and universal, practiced by all, including those free from faith.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? (Micah 6:8)

Are those values exclusive to Christians and Christianity?

Why does a value have to be exclusive to Christianity to be a Christian value? You wanted to know what Christian values are. You didn't ask for what values are exclusively Christian.

Pity a significant number of Christians – likely the majority – don’t abide by those values.

And such values are not unique to Christianity, they’re ancient and universal, practiced by all, including those free from faith.

Shame you don't either, but that's besides the point.

There's a Arizona private college that frequently advertises on the radio here...Grand Canyon University. They also heavily recruited our daughter (no idea why)...even tho she's a college sophomore now, we still get calls and literature from them. They go on, in their ad, about teaching in an atmosphere of "Christian Values". Could someone give a list please?

Values and ethics are that which your filthy party has actively purged, and which you have followed suit with.

The sociopathic democratic party claims there is no right or wrong, only serving the party. All acts that promote the party are promoted.

Values are the opposite of what your party promotes. Values are a set of ideals and behaviors that are followed regardless of the impact on oneself or on the rulers one serves.

I'm not sure that sociopaths (democrats) can actually grasp the concept of values.

I'm afraid your problem stems from a lack of understanding.

Christian doctrine regarding our eternal souls:
The punishment for sin is death.
Christ agreed to pay for our sins in our place, so we would be spared judgment and sentencing.
Our souls live and live abundantly, eternally. :eusa_angel:
It makes perfect sense to a sinner.

Source?

So, other than the Old Testament, which was written for, by, and about Jews, there is no Biblical source that would differentiate my 2 year old grandson from a totally corrupt and perverted old man in God's eyes. However, many Christians have "read between the lines" so to speak, and determined that if my 2 year old grandson were to die today, god would not consider him a sinner. You see, I have a sister-in-law who is a fundamental Christian, who says that if you do not believe every word of the Bible, it is just the same as throwing it in a fire and dismissing the whole book. And that, as unpleasant as it sounds actually makes sense to me. The Bible says without reservation that every man is born a sinner. I say that is not true. Therefore, parts of the Bible are not to be trusted. Therefore, none of the Bible can be trusted.

First of all, the Old Testament wasn't written to the "Jews" exclusively. No man that existed prior to Jacob's/Israel's son, Judah, could be considered a "Jew." Abraham was not a Jew nor was Adam, Noah, Able, Seth, and any other man who preceded the single man named "Judah." Secondly, when God made a covenant with the Israelites He made it with 12 tribes. Judah (Jews) only made up one of those twelve tribes.

See James 1:1. There are still 12 tribes ... not just one. See also Revelation chapter 7 which names all the twelve tribes.

I agree with your sister-in-law where the Bible is concerned. But the Bible is progression from the Adamic Covenant to the Noahic Covenant to the Abrahamic Covenant to the Mosaic Covenant to the Davidic Covenant to the New Covenant written in the blood of Christ. So, I may believe everything that occurred in the Old Testament but that doesn't mean that what was required of the men of Old is the same as what is required of Christians today. The OT set the foundation for the NT. A Christian is bound by the Gospel of Christ and the leading of the Holy Spirit and the writings of the Apostles or the holy men of God who were inspired to write the Holy writ.

Psalms 51:5, "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me."

Every human will sin. That includes the baby that was born 5 seconds ago. Sooner or later we all sin. Sin is the transgression of the law and when we break one law we've broken them all (according to James chapter 2).

Isaiah 64:6, "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."

Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Last edited:

i could answer better in the flame zone.....

There was only one perfect Man in all of history (His Story) -- the Son of God, Jesus Christ. The best anyone can do is attempt to walk as He walked. Will we stumble? Certainly but we get up and try again and hopefully learn from our mistakes. Christians are not perfect on our own but we're made so through the shed blood of Christ. Whatever the case one Christian value is repentance which is a call to turn from sin and overcome with the help of the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Talk the talk but -

Walk the walk?

Not so much.

This thread is funny. Our resident "christians" post completely differently in Religion than they do in other forums. Its like they forget all the horrible things they say in other forums when they're in this forum.

Elsewhere, they're all about taking from the poor and giving to the rich, let children and the elderly starve while accusing them of buying yachts with their food stamps and voting to end the middle class.

Here, there all love thy brother and follow Jesus' teachings and junk.

Fun reading but they'll all be back to normal in the other forums.

Talk the talk but -

Walk the walk?

Not so much.

This thread is funny. Our resident "christians" post completely differently in Religion than they do in other forums. Its like they forget all the horrible things they say in other forums when they're in this forum.

Elsewhere, they're all about taking from the poor and giving to the rich, let children and the elderly starve while accusing them of buying yachts with their food stamps and voting to end the middle class.

I don't know about Christains, and I'll let them speak for themselves. but a democrat talking about values is a level of irony beyond the pale.

You used to be able to read "Christian values" before the jack booted thugs smashed the Ten Commandments off the wall in at least one court house and ordered the demolition of several monuments because "Christian values" offended agnostics and atheists. .

Talk the talk but -

Walk the walk?

Not so much.

Can't speak for others and don't normally "blow my own horn" where charity is concerned but I give routinely to the Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, and the Denver Rescue Mission. I also help the old lady who lives next door to me by driving her to the grocery store and letting her use my trash container because she can't afford the high price of trash pick up in our neighborhood. I could go on but I am a true believer in helping folks in need. I just don't like the government legislating who I give to. When they take my money for their causes I am less able to help out MY causes.

Forum List

Back