🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Exactly are the High Crimes and Misdemeanors Trump Is Being Charged With?

The phrase "high crimes and misdemeanors" was lifted from the English and put in our Constitution but we have no laws that are high crimes. When Johnson was impeached the House filed 11 charges against him the tenth was that Johnson yelled at the Congress.

The House draws up the impeachment charges, the charges do not have to be laws that Trump has broken, just charges. The Senate then votes on the charges, If enough guilty votes are cast, Trump can be removed. If Trump committed lawful crimes he could later be indicted for any lawful crimes he committed.

The Constitution states "high crimes and misdemeanors". That means "laws', not "charges".

Censure carries no such requirements.

That has no constitutional basis. You have been watching reruns of "The West Wing" haven't you?

Neither does chocolate ice cream…just had me some tonight.

The investigation continues.

For some strange reason no one has been able/willing to articulate anything beyond THE RUSSIANS!

Well, we are not at war with Russia, we can talk to Russians anytime, and the President determines what is and is not secret at his will.

Now if you want to go down the path of Russia helped Trump, how about the billions China gave Bill Clinton for his election?

What is his crime?

He has an (R) after his name.

Censure carries no such requirement. If he fired the FBI Director to stymie an investigation…the is a crime.
If. Any evidence? Nice sound bite.

For some strange reason no one has been able/willing to articulate anything beyond THE RUSSIANS!

Well, we are not at war with Russia, we can talk to Russians anytime, and the President determines what is and is not secret at his will.

Now if you want to go down the path of Russia helped Trump, how about the billions China gave Bill Clinton for his election?

What is his crime?

Censure carries no such requirement. If he fired the FBI Director to stymie an investigation…the is a crime.

Nope. The investigation continued, did it not? There was no obstruction. The FBI Director serves at the pleasure of the President and was fired.

Keep grasping at those straws. It will be the only exercise that you have been getting other than your jaw muscles.

I’ll let mueller do the grasping….I’ll enjoy watching Trump get dragged through the mud over and over.

What is his crime?

Nor does impeachment. A high crime is whatever the Senate determines it to be.

good point.

What is his crime?

That is what investigations do…uncover evidence. That you cam imprison those who don’t cooperate makes it especially thorough.

Still, with politics, I doubt we’ll ever see an impeachment. A censure looks more and more like the way it’s going

If he pressured the FBI to not investigate and, in fact, fired the head of the bureau when he refused; that is obstruction of justice. We’re a long way from there of course. Hopefully, it will be a constant 6 yer investigation like Benghazi that ultimately formally labels him as dirty as I’m sure deep down, you (like all of us) know he is.

Really, you an smell the sleaze on Trump from outer space.

Politically it will probably fall somewhere in the vicinity of a censure of the President for colluding with a foreign government to win an election.

You obviously have no idea what "obstruction of justice" actually is.

If he pressured the FBI to not investigate and, in fact, fired the head of the bureau when he refused; that is obstruction of justice. We’re a long way from there of course. Hopefully, it will be a constant 6 yer investigation like Benghazi that ultimately formally labels him as dirty as I’m sure deep down, you (like all of us) know he is.

Politically it will probably fall somewhere in the vicinity of a censure of the President for colluding with a foreign government to win an election.

How can that be if he ordered it stopped?

How can that be if he ordered it stopped?

Special Prosecutor Mueller’s investigation continues for those who seem to be in the dark on such matters.

Obstruction of justice can be an issue of intent based on subjective and circumstantial evidence. What do you think it is?

What is his crime?

That is what investigations do…uncover evidence. That you cam imprison those who don’t cooperate makes it especially thorough.

Still, with politics, I doubt we’ll ever see an impeachment. A censure looks more and more like the way it’s going

Even censure, based on what?

A high crime is whatever the Senate determines it to be.

This is not really true and I don't know what nitwit is telling you this but they're lying to you. The House brings forth Articles of Impeachment and determines if actual crimes committed rise to the level of being impeachable. There HAS to be a crime.... they can't just make anything they please be a "high crime" ....doesn't work that way. Once the House has conducted an impeachment hearing it votes to either impeach or not impeach the president. If they vote to impeach, then it moves to the Senate who votes on whether to remove from office.

Bill Clinton was impeached but not removed from office. He committed a real crime. The House found that his crime rose to the level of an impeachable offense. They voted to impeach him. The Senate determined that the crime wasn't bad enough to warrant removal from office.

In order to impeach Trump, you have to first convict Trump of a crime. In order to convict Trump of a crime, you must first find some evidence he has committed a crime. There is no shortcut. This is the process you have to follow and you can't simply throw it all out the window and say the Senate gets to decide what's a crime. Try that fascist shit and see how fast a revolution happens.

What is his crime?

Collusion with hackers to sway public opinion to win an election.
Improperly dismissing the FBI Commissioner to obstruct an investigation.
Just for openers.

These investigations can go anywhere. Trump University; Tax evasion, etc…

Just for openers.

There is no evidence of Trump colluding with any hackers. He didn't dismiss the FBI director to obstruct a departmental investigation that still continues. So both your openers are DOA. Trump University is old news, the case is over, done... no indictments. No evidence of tax evasion. You're simply grasping at straws and hoping something turns up!

Now..... If Donald Trump was Bill or Hillary Clinton, this would be a marvelous plan because you wouldn't have to wait long for something corrupt as hell to pop up! But I don't think you're going to find anything on Trump... people have been trying for 50 years to bring the man down.

As this obvious witch hunt continues to linger on without any evidence or substantive reason, the general public is going to grow weary. You can't sustain endless suspicions forever, eventually you have to produce something or get a life.

Obstruction of justice can be an issue of intent based on subjective and circumstantial evidence. What do you think it is?
Obstruction of justice is a specific intent crime. Mueller knows this even if you don't.

What is his crime?

Just for openers.

Again, based on what? As far as naming "investigations" I don't have the ability to spend the rest of my life listing the Clinton crap. Rape boy(Bill), rape enabler(Hillary), ties to the Muslim Brotherhood(Both), a long list of bodies(Both). It blows my mind that anyone would attack Trump (an idiot) compared to what we might have, Hillary, the sleaziest piece of human filth that has ever graced the US scene.

Just for openers.

There is no evidence of Trump colluding with any hackers. He didn't dismiss the FBI director to obstruct a departmental investigation that still continues. So both your openers are DOA. Trump University is old news, the case is over, done... no indictments. No evidence of tax evasion. You're simply grasping at straws and hoping something turns up!

Now..... If Donald Trump was Bill or Hillary Clinton, this would be a marvelous plan because you wouldn't have to wait long for something corrupt as hell to pop up! But I don't think you're going to find anything on Trump... people have been trying for 50 years to bring the man down.

As this obvious witch hunt continues to linger on without any evidence or substantive reason, the general public is going to grow weary. You can't sustain endless suspicions forever, eventually you have to produce something or get a life.

The investigation continues....

Just for openers.

Again, based on what? As far as naming "investigations" I don't have the ability to spend the rest of my life listing the Clinton crap. Rape boy(Bill), rape enabler(Hillary), ties to the Muslim Brotherhood(Both), a long list of bodies(Both). It blows my mind that anyone would attack Trump (an idiot) compared to what we might have, Hillary, the sleaziest piece of human filth that has ever graced the US scene.

What an imagination. Meanwhile Flynn is now starting to cooperate.

Forum List

Back