What famous people you met in real life?

Marcus Haines and Curly Neal of the 1960s Harlem Globe Trotters. They had a free half day camp for us poor kids. I was about 11 or 12 Marcus Haines called me little Bugsy Segal. Spent a half day learning basketball with the other kids and at the end they put us in three men teams played a 6 point game. They were real nice and friendly. Two great fellas. Good day had by all. :)
You talked to curly?

Cool
Yes he was great. It is nice knowing there people who are celebs willing to help kids and enjoy it just as much as the kids.

I met Jimmy Carter when I was a little kid. He was governor of Georgia at the time. Some public event, I can't remember what. One time I was in a bar and Ned Beatty walked by out of the blue. I was too drunk and dumbstruck to say anything. The last one is uncertain but I am pretty sure I turned down an offer from Eileen Wuornos one night in a bar in South Florida.

Oh yeah and I also met Catherine Tate and follow a lot of celebs on Twitter.

In the Spring of 2004, I was panhandling across the street from Carnegie Hall early one Sunday, and I saw a group of tourists running across 57th Street to my corner and I noticed a tall skinny person crossing 7th Avenue towards me, as well. It was Steven Tyler, and the dude looked like a lady with his pastel scarves. I just sat there and watched, and when they got his autographs he walked over to me and read my sign: Nicole Kidman won't go out with me, because I don't have enough money.

And as he gave me a whole dollar, he asked me, "you ever try saying, 'please.'"

I told him, "I was a high school loser, I never made it with the ladies, and you better get the hell out of here before I kick you down to Christopher Street where you belong, you freak from another planet."

He walked away mumbling, "Dream on."

Last edited:
Johnny Carson, Ed NcMahon, Doc Severinson, Les Paul, Hal Holbrook, Ron Howard
I am in awe you met johnny ?
Several times actually.

I was good buddies with his son Rick in the Navy. Sometimes we’d cut out and head down to the city and go to the show.
Didn't he die in a car crash?

(Not trying to be mean)
Yes.
I remember that I always thought johnny lost his spunk
Did he get any on you?

Jim McGuinn, when the Byrds played my school, my roommate and I were in the school's arts council and were assigned to guard the stage entrance and my roommate did not want to let him in because he didn't have a pass.

Sha Na Na (was I Catlick and did I want to come up after the show)

Gen. William Westmoreland (he came up to talk to me during a coffee break at a conference, and I was very nice and resisted telling him that several of my relatives wanted his head)

When I was a little kid, I lived across the street from Bobby Darin's immediate family. That was interesting.

Barbara Mandrell, Kenny Rodgers, Jimmy Carter, Pope John Pall #2, Roddy Piper, Randy Savage, Dusty Rhodes, Engelbert Humperdinck, ZZ-Top, MO Gov. John Ashcroft, Bill Clinton, Dwayne The Rock Johnson, MO Sen. John Danforth, Thomas Eagleton, Claire McCaskill, Donald Trump.

Barbara Mandrell, Kenny Rodgers, Jimmy Carter, Pope John Pall #2, Roddy Piper, Randy Savage, Dusty Rhodes, Engelbert Humperdinck, ZZ-Top, MO Gov. John Ashcroft, Bill Clinton, Dwayne The Rock Johnson, MO Sen. John Danforth, Thomas Eagleton, Claire McCaskill, Donald Trump.
You met Barbra?

Many years ago, my wife were browsing in an antique shop in Goleta.

My wife struck up a conversation with another woman that was there, and as the two of them were chatting I happened to mention that the other woman bore a noticeable resemblance to a certain celebrity, but looked much too young to be the person that I thought she resembled. As she turned toward me, I noticed that she was wearing a name tag identifying her as “RUTHY” and connecting her with a local “Concours d'Elegance” car show that was going on not far away. It turned out that she was, indeed, Ruth Buzzi. She looked like she could have been about my age (about forty-something , at the time), but I knew she had to be much older, perhaps around my parents' age, because I remember seeing her on TV when I was a child and she was already a grown-up.

I told him, "I was a high school loser, I never made it with the ladies, and you better get the hell out of here before I kick you down to Christopher Street where you belong, you freak from another planet."
THAT is hilarious... Every time I see Liv Tyler, I'm still astounded by the fact that she is his daughter. I've never bothered to pull up any images of her mother but that must have been one INCREDIBLY beautiful woman, to overcome his looks and still produce such an angel.

THAT is hilarious... Every time I see Liv Tyler, I'm still astounded by the fact that she is his daughter. I've never bothered to pull up any images of her mother but that must have been one INCREDIBLY beautiful woman, to overcome his looks and still produce such an angel.
Flatter than an ironing board.

Winston Groom (Forrest Gump author) and Burton Gilliam- The first face you see when Blazing Saddles begins. Both were really nice guys.

Forum List

Back