What gives us the right?

What gives us the right?

What says we can't, hmmmm

Nothing, sticking our nose in other people's business and trying to tell the rest of the world how to live is why we are hated almost everywhere.

Oh, they pretend to like us as long as the foreign aid dollars keep flowing, but in truth they see us as the biggest suckers on the planet.

I agree with most of that. But the neo-cons don't. Witness Iraq and Afghanistan.

both sides of the aisle authorized and funded those fiascos. not just the neo-cons.

Is Clinton a neo-con? how about Kerry?

NO. they are going to sue the company for discrimination.

A private company does not have the freedom to forego a profit because they do not approve of the lifestyle of the potential customer.

Is that freedom? yes or no.

No company can discriminate against protected classes.

However, does LGBT protection override 1st Amendment religious liberties?

This is not settled law . . . yet.

so the cake maker can refuse to do a cake for a man/woman couple, but not for a gay couple? does that really sound like freedom and equality to you?

Points to consider for sure. That is why it is not settled law.

A private company does not have the freedom to forego a profit because they do not approve of the lifestyle of the potential customer.

so the cake maker can refuse to do a cake for a man/woman couple, but not for a gay couple? does that really sound like freedom and equality to you?

Looked it up since you didn't post a link, seems discrimination against gays is illegal in Col. the guy has no legs to stand on just like the stores and restaurants that used to deny service to blacks.

I said 'commonly' engaged in by heterosexuals. Where do you live that beastiality is a common practice?
Heterosexuals commonly have heterosexual sex so you didn't mean that. So you are talking about anal or oral sex. A man can't do down on a man's vagina and a woman can't suck a woman's cock so that's not what you meant. Gee, what does that leave?

Not really sure what you are talking about, is it perhaps just some bad press you are referring to as punishment? What does that have to do with making christian dogma carry the force of law as the right constantly tries to do? How is that not trying to control thoughts?

People are free to sue other people for anything, doesn't mean they will win, so yeah it's freedom, you just don't like it.

Holder and DOJ support the suit. The fix is in. The cake maker is toast.

Looked it up since you didn't post a link, seems discrimination against gays is illegal in Col. the guy has no legs to stand on just like the stores and restaurants that used to deny service to blacks.

I didn't ask if it was legal, I asked if it was right and fair.

Redfish, but "right" and "fair" are relatively to the beliefs of the holder.

That is why we have case law and precedence and legislation to guide us.

Thou REAL Guide

OXJSaqiBaXMC

did I hit a nerve with the steaming pile of horseshit analogy? Well, if the shoe fits--------------

Froth away.

Honestly your views are so backward and ignorant that the only thing you do here is help the left discredit the entire right as a bunch of fanatics. Congratulations on being the poster child for conservatives.

My "views". How do you know what my views are? this is about the USA trying to force its moral code on another nation.

There is no use of force involved. You're ignorant.

I didn't ask if it was legal, I asked if it was right and fair.
For whom? The bigoted baker or the denied customers? You want fairness but for whom? If a doctor decided "Jesus hates fags" and started denying service to gays would that be fair? If you want to know if something like this is right or wrong carry it to a life and death extreme and see if it still seems like a horrible thing to get upset about.

yes, I know that, thats why this whole subject is being tested in the courts.

As far as I am concerned if a person owns a business and only wants to serve chinese men with one leg and blue eyes that should be his right.

we need to make as distinction between public access and private business access.

No one should be denied entry or service at a public facility, but private businesses should be able to serve whoever they want.

If a black barber only wants to cut black hair, that should be his right.

If a cake maker only wants to make cakes for hetero couples, that should be his right.

I will bet you $50 that there are wedding planners who will only work for gay couples---is that right?

We are losing freedoms every day to this PC bullshit.

Froth away.

Honestly your views are so backward and ignorant that the only thing you do here is help the left discredit the entire right as a bunch of fanatics. Congratulations on being the poster child for conservatives.

My "views". How do you know what my views are? this is about the USA trying to force its moral code on another nation.

Ok, I will give you that, force is probably not the correct word. What we are doing is campaigning against the beliefs and views of another country. We are telling them that their beliefs are wrong and ours are right----who are we to make such a judgement.

Ok, I will give you that, force is probably not the correct word. What we are doing is campaigning against the beliefs and views of another country. We are telling them that their beliefs are wrong and ours are right----who are we to make such a judgement.

You sound like a liberal when they say who are we to tell other countries that sharia law isn't the way to go.

We should promote freedom and justice all over the world. And yes, we do have the moral authority to do so because we are the most free and humane society on earth.

You sound like a liberal when they say who are we to tell other countries that sharia law isn't the way to go.

If a country is stupid enough to make Sharia its law, then I don't care, its none of our business. But when they try to force Sharia into the USA, then it becomes our business.

Again, who are we to tell other countries how to live, what to believe, and what form of govt to employ? Who are we to tell Russia that its views on homosexuality are wrong?

We should promote freedom and justice all over the world. And yes, we do have the moral authority to do so because we are the most free and humane society on earth.

Sorry, we are just going to disagree on that. We are not so fricken superior that we can tell other people how to live.

Forum List

Back