What gives us the right?

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

WTF is going on? We have become a nation of hypocrites.

So you're saying we shouldn't use our influence to promote human rights across the globe?

The left is so selective when it comes to this matter. They look the other way when gays are beheaded and women are beaten to death in certain Muslims countries but then they attack others for doing less.

I thought human right all over the world did matter, but apparently it depends on who is doing the abusing.

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

So you're saying we shouldn't use our influence to promote human rights across the globe?

The left is so selective when it comes to this matter. They look the other way when gays are beheaded and women are beaten to death in certain Muslims countries but then they attack others for doing less.

I thought human right all over the world did matter, but apparently it depends on who is doing the abusing.

right on, the hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds. They advocate the murder of innocent unborn children but want to ban capital punishment for serial murderers.

They want to tell Russia that it must accept gays, but say nothing when Saudi Arabia executes gays.

They want freedom and equality for everyone, unless you are "rich", then they want to dictate what you must do with your money.

They ignore the continuous lies from obama, but rant for weeks about an apparent lie from christie.

Ok, I will give you that, force is probably not the correct word. What we are doing is campaigning against the beliefs and views of another country. We are telling them that their beliefs are wrong and ours are right----who are we to make such a judgement.

You sound like a liberal when they say who are we to tell other countries that sharia law isn't the way to go.

If a country is stupid enough to make Sharia its law, then I don't care, its none of our business. But when they try to force Sharia into the USA, then it becomes our business.

Again, who are we to tell other countries how to live, what to believe, and what form of govt to employ? Who are we to tell Russia that its views on homosexuality are wrong?

Your complaint is in principle a blanket condemnation of one of the fundamental tenets of Christianity, i.e.,

spreading the religion to non-Christians.

Last edited:
You sound like a liberal when they say who are we to tell other countries that sharia law isn't the way to go.

If a country is stupid enough to make Sharia its law, then I don't care, its none of our business. But when they try to force Sharia into the USA, then it becomes our business.

Again, who are we to tell other countries how to live, what to believe, and what form of govt to employ? Who are we to tell Russia that its views on homosexuality are wrong?

Your complain is in principle a blanket condemnation of one of the fundamental tenets of Christianity, i.e.,

The problem with many modern spreaders of Christianity is that they want to attach strings. e.g. if you become christians we will build you a new water system, if you become christians we will give you things.

The Bible does not attach strings, you convert by example, not bribery.

You present the teachings of Jesus by example, people can accept them or reject them.

But thats not really the point of the thread. The question is what gives us the right as a country to tell another country that it needs to accept homosexuality as normal?

We have no national religion, so this is not being done in the name of Christianity or any other religion.

Its being done out of a liberal thought process that we know how other people should live better than they do.

[
We have no national religion, so this is not being done in the name of Christianity or any other religion.

Its being done out of a liberal thought process that we know how other people should live better than they do.

So Christianity does not embrace the idea that Christians know better how people should live?

[

So Christianity does not embrace the idea that Christians know better how people should live?

every religion believes that it knows how people should live. Christianity is not unique in that regard.

This thread is not about religion, its about the arrogance that we have developed in this country that we are so brilliant that we can tell other countries that their beliefs and systems are wrong and that they should adopt ours.

NO. they are going to sue the company for discrimination.

A private company does not have the freedom to forego a profit because they do not approve of the lifestyle of the potential customer.

Is that freedom? yes or no.

No company can discriminate against protected classes.

However, does LGBT protection override 1st Amendment religious liberties?

This is not settled law . . . yet.

so the cake maker can refuse to do a cake for a man/woman couple, but not for a gay couple? does that really sound like freedom and equality to you?

What company is doing that?

No company can discriminate against protected classes.

However, does LGBT protection override 1st Amendment religious liberties?

This is not settled law . . . yet.

so the cake maker can refuse to do a cake for a man/woman couple, but not for a gay couple? does that really sound like freedom and equality to you?

What company is doing that?

the case in Colorado where the baker is being sued for refusing to make a wedding cake for a gay couple.

You have failed to identify the use of force you have repeatedly referred to.

Did you read #213? do you have the reading comprehension skills of a slug?

So it took you to post 213 to admit that post 1 had no merit whatsoever?

Well done, Speedy.

"force" has many meanings in many contexts. Rather than confuse the marginally literate, I changed the word. the content and context of the OP is valid. But a writer must write in such a way that the readers will understand. My mistake in assuming that you on the left were literate.

Your complaint is in principle a blanket condemnation of one of the fundamental tenets of Christianity, i.e.,

Odd response. Christianity ceased military conquests a thousand years ago. And most of that was to take back land from Muslim invaders. Do you have more freedoms in a Muslim country or a Christian one?

the case in Colorado where the baker is being sued for refusing to make a wedding cake for a gay couple.

No I want to know where wedding cake makers are refusing to do business with hetero couples.

once again, your reading comprehension is lacking. I said, by implication, that there would be no suit if the baker refused to make a cake for a hetero couple.

So this claim is straight out of your imagination.

How are we forcing homosexuality on Russia? :eusa_liar:

Forum List

Back