What gives us the right?

Apparently you feel the United States shouldn't use it's voice to preach our ideals on humane rights throughout the world. We should just let Injustices all over the world proceed, because who are we to open our mouths.

Well thankfully most people don't agree with you.

How do you feel when muslims "preach their ideals" to the rest of the world?

I disagree with their world view, but I'm not naive, I know their going to continue to try and spread thier ideology, and if America chooses to become a. Silent nation, like you want, then other evil nations will fill the vacuum.

:cuckoo: You will never understand, I am tired of wasting my time with you.

But one final attempt:

the US to Russia "your views on homosexuality are wrong, you should change them because we know what is right and you don't"

the US to the muslim world "your views on homosexuality are wrong, you should change them because your religious beliefs are wrong and we are right"

The muslim world to the rest of the world "you must accept islam or we will kill you"

All three are wrong.

How do you feel when muslims "preach their ideals" to the rest of the world?

I disagree with their world view, but I'm not naive, I know their going to continue to try and spread thier ideology, and if America chooses to become a. Silent nation, like you want, then other evil nations will fill the vacuum.

But one final attempt:

the US to Russia "your views on homosexuality are wrong, you should change them because we know what is right and you don't"

the US to the muslim world "your views on homosexuality are wrong, you should change them because your religious beliefs are wrong and we are right"

The muslim world to the rest of the world "you must accept islam or we will kill you"

All three are wrong.

You're a complete idiot.

But one final attempt:

All three are wrong.

You're a complete idiot.

No, you are the complete idiot.

But one final attempt:

All three are wrong.

You're a complete idiot.

when defeated by logic, reason, and facts---hurl insults. Obama and Hillary would be proud of you.

But one final attempt:

All three are wrong.

You're a complete idiot.

when defeated by logic, reason, and facts---hurl insults. Obama and Hillary would be proud of you.

What logic, reason and what facts?

You're the one who started with the insults, and now you continue with the immaturity. You start a straw-man thread about the U.S. forcing their view on homosexuality on Russia, and when people don't agree with you, you call them Liberals. Very mature.

The only fact worth noting is your libertarian utopia, where every country in the world stays silent and isolated, doesn't exist in reality. The United States is champion for freedom and humane rights, not just in America, but all over the world. If America stops using it's voice, other, more evil nations, will fill that vacuum. That's just reality, but hey don't let reality get in the way of a good rant against America.

The fact you bring up Regan to shore up your weak-sauce argument, tells me you know nothing about what he stood for. You say Obama would be proud of me, but the ironic thing is you have a world view more similar to his than mine. You are:cuckoo:

You're a complete idiot.

You're the one who started with the insults, and now you continue with the immaturity. You start a straw-man thread about the U.S. forcing their view on homosexuality on Russia, and when people don't agree with you, you call them Liberals. Very mature.

The only fact worth noting is your libertarian utopia, where every country in the world stays silent and isolated, doesn't exist in reality. The United States is champion for freedom and humane rights, not just in America, but all over the world. If America stops using it's voice, other, more evil nations, will fill that vacuum. That's just reality, but hey don't let reality get in the way of a good rant against America.

The fact you bring up Regan to shore up your weak-sauce argument, tells me you know nothing about what he stood for. You say Obama would be proud of me, but the ironic thing is you have a world view more similar to his than mine. You are:cuckoo:

poor Rocky, your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking. I never said that the US should not be a beacon of freedom----you do know what a beacon is don't you?

This thread is about our sometimes being very arrogant and talking down to the rest of the world when we tell them that their way of life and beliefs are all wrong and that they should copy us.

poor Rocky, your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking. I never said that the US should not be a beacon of freedom----you do know what a beacon is don't you?

This thread is about our sometimes being very arrogant and talking down to the rest of the world when we tell them that their way of life and beliefs are all wrong and that they should copy us.

Umm I know, you've been saying the whole time we have no right to tell other countries what's morally right and wrong. You do however seem to be a little selective in your outrage, but that's another story. You wanna hate gays, then hate gays. The point is we've been using our influence to show countries the morally correct things to do. Having freedom is the morally correct thing to do. Don't mock me, you're as smart as you think.

Elements of our government and our society are trying to force our views and beliefs on the entire world. Homosexuality is just the most current issue. The word "force" has many meanings, only one of which is physical force.

The more basic question is what gives us the superior status to tell the world that they have to live and believe as we do? What gives us the right to tell other countries that their beliefs and customs are wrong and that they should adopt ours?

We haven't done that at these Olympics, so your panties are all bunched up over nothing.

Yes, we have made a big deal about our gay atheletes [sic]. This was an in-your-face campaign aimed at the Russian views on gays.

That is, of course, ridiculous. We (who is "we" btw?) "forced" Russia to pass a law pertaining to homosexuals shortly before they were to host a major international event? Just to have an excuse to promote that particular orientation? Wow, pretty sneaky and powerful. Are you sure these weren't Gay Joooooos? You know, that other scary group that secretly controls the world in the empty heads of people like you?

We haven't done that at these Olympics, so your panties are all bunched up over nothing.

Yes, we have made a big deal about our gay atheletes [sic]. This was an in-your-face campaign aimed at the Russian views on gays.

That is, of course, ridiculous. We (who is "we" btw?) "forced" Russia to pass a law pertaining to homosexuals shortly before they were to host a major international event? Just to have an excuse to promote that particular orientation? Wow, pretty sneaky and powerful. Are you sure these weren't Gay Joooooos? You know, that other scary group that secretly controls the world in the empty heads of people like you?

there probably are some gay jooooooooooz, but the jews do not control the world and there is no group of NWO super elites who are pulling the strings on every government.

Why is it any of our business what russia believes relative to homosexuality?

BTW, I don't hate gays, I have gay friends and relatives and love and respect every one of them. Those are my beliefs, but I have no desire to tell my neighbors that they are wrong if they disagree with me.

Umm I know, you've been saying the whole time we have no right to tell other countries what's morally right and wrong. You do however seem to be a little selective in your outrage, but that's another story. You wanna hate gays, then hate gays. The point is we've been using our influence to show countries the morally correct things to do. Having freedom is the morally correct thing to do. Don't mock me, you're as smart as you think.

when your posts warrant mocking, they will be mocked. thats the way this works.

[BTW, I don't hate gays, I have gay friends and relatives and love and respect every one of them. Those are my beliefs, but I have no desire to tell my neighbors that they are wrong if they disagree with me.

If you have no desire to tell people they are wrong, why did you start this thread whose theme is all about you telling people they are wrong?

[BTW, I don't hate gays, I have gay friends and relatives and love and respect every one of them. Those are my beliefs, but I have no desire to tell my neighbors that they are wrong if they disagree with me.

If you have no desire to tell people they are wrong, why did you start this thread whose theme is all about you telling people they are wrong?

Nice spin attempt, but, as usual, you failed.

The question was what gives us the superiority to tell other nations that what they believe is wrong and that we are always right.

Our stance on gays is just an example, the issue is our international arrogance in trying to tell the rest of the world that they should act and believe as we do.

You libs will never get it, and yet you wonder why the USA is hated in much of the world.

when your posts warrant mocking, they will be mocked. thats the way this works.

It's your posts that deserve mocking. America has, and always will, try to change hearts and minds all over the world where change is needed. We stand up for persecuted women, minorities, religions, etc.. Your beef over here is that we happen to be standing up for gays. Like I said if you want to be a gay hater that's your own business, but don't say America has no right to influence other countries, and if you're going to say such a foolish thing, at least be consistent.

I'm done with you.

Nice spin attempt, but, as usual, you failed...

You really should answer the question.

The question was what gives us the superiority to tell other nations that what they believe is wrong and that we are always right.

Our stance on gays is just an example, the issue is our international arrogance in trying to tell the rest of the world that they should act and believe as we do.

You libs will never get it, and yet you wonder why the USA is hated in much of the world.

Isn't that what Christians do?

One of the many reasons why your thread has failed is because its premise is predicated on your errant, unwarranted, and subjective hatred of gays, where you’d like to see similar anti-gay policies reinstated in the United States.

The fact is the United States has every right to be critical of Russia’s policies that violate the human rights of its citizens, just as the United States speaks out concerning other human rights violations.

Isn't that what Christians do?

Some do. I have never supported missionaries who try to preach and tell others that their way of worshiping God is wrong.

Americans need to learn that our first amendment does not apply outside of this country.

Forum List

Back