What gives us the right?

You're looking at it all ass-backwards.

It's not about "forcing" homosexuality, it's about shaming people into respecting basic human rights. You can't discriminate against a person because of how they were born.

It would be like banning people who are left-handed from marrying other lefties.

Well, thats your view. Others do not see it that way. Others (not me) see homosexuality as a perversion or an aberation. Why are they not allowed to hold those views?

two southpaws getting married is not even close to a valid analogy

But they are allowed to hold those views, just like you are. I think the problem is in putting them in jail for wearing something, or I guess acting gay in public?

We don't do that in the USA. They do it in Saudi Arabia and every other muslim country. Russia considers it improper conduct and an abnormal human condition.

Do those countries not have the right to set their own standards of behavior?

You're looking at it all ass-backwards.

It's not about "forcing" homosexuality, it's about shaming people into respecting basic human rights. You can't discriminate against a person because of how they were born.

It would be like banning people who are left-handed from marrying other lefties.

Well, thats your view. Others do not see it that way. Others (not me) see homosexuality as a perversion or an aberation. Why are they not allowed to hold those views?

But they are allowed to hold those views, just like you are. I think the problem is in putting them in jail for wearing something, or I guess acting gay in public?

For the OP and many on the right that’s not a ‘problem,’ it’s a ‘solution’ they’d like to see reinstated in the United States.

How about if the chinese sent a delegation to the US with the goal of convincing americans that no couple should have more than one child?

Why would that bother you? More importantly, why would China have any interest in doing that?

For the OP and many on the right that’s not a ‘problem,’ it’s a ‘solution’ they’d like to see reinstated in the United States.

Not at all and you are way off topic. What we do in the USA is what a majority of citizens want and believe.

This thread is about us trying to tell other people that they must think, act, and believe as we do.

Then I guess you have no issue with muslims wanting to convince the rest of the world that islam is the only real religion?

Islam is not the only religion to 'want' that.

very true, but its the only one that declares that non-believers are to be killed.

It is not the only religion with extremists, and like with other religions those extremists represent a minority opinion.

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

WTF is going on? We have become a nation of hypocrites.

Because it's a human rights violation, as is the discrimination of any minority

Also we as the usa are expressing our opinion, should the usa not be able to do that?

It is false, since we are not "forcing" any attitude toward homosexuality on Russia. You want to go through another 20 pages of the exact same thing?

I corrected that several pages ago,

You didn't "correct" anything. You failed to prove "forcing" by any definition of the term. Your entire argument is based on a false premise.

When we openly denigrate a country for its views on homosexuality, marriage, religion, morals, reproduction, or anything else, we are declaring that our way is right and theirs is wrong.

I am simply trying to get you libs to tell us what gives us the right to declare that we know what is best for the rest of the world.

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

WTF is going on? We have become a nation of hypocrites.

Because it's a human rights violation, as is the discrimination of any minority

What gives us the power to declare what is, or is not, a human rights violation? Are we king of the world with dictatorial power over all other nations?

Then I guess you have no issue with muslims wanting to convince the rest of the world that islam is the only real religion?

Actually, the problem is you and others on the right who seek to propagate this and similar lies.

But at least you’re consistent in your hate and ignorance.

you obviously know nothing about islam. I lived and worked in the mid east for many years. I know first hand what muslims believe.

Islam is not the only religion to 'want' that.

very true, but its the only one that declares that non-believers are to be killed.

It is not the only religion with extremists, and like with other religions those extremists represent a minority opinion.

again, true. But have you heard a single high ranking muslim cleric or leader of a muslim nation come out against the 9/11 bombings?

How about if the chinese sent a delegation to the US with the goal of convincing americans that no couple should have more than one child?

Why would that bother you? More importantly, why would China have any interest in doing that?

Do you understand what an "analogy" is ? If not, look it up.

The answer to your question is: it wouldn't be any skin off my nose. Now, what's your answer to my question?

again, true. But have you heard a single high ranking muslim cleric or leader of a muslim nation come out against the 9/11 bombings?

You'll want to start a new thread for that. I'll be happy to visit it.

Forum List

Back