What gives us the right?

Why would that bother you? More importantly, why would China have any interest in doing that?

Do you understand what an "analogy" is ? If not, look it up.

The answer to your question is: it wouldn't be any skin off my nose. Now, what's your answer to my question?

China believes that it is overpopulated and its solution is one child per couple with mandatory abortion for all subsequent pregnancies.

Would it be unreasonable for them to decide that the entire planet was overpopulated and decide that their solution should be applied world wide.

How would the Pope view that campaign in Italy? Russia and Japan need young people, how would they like the chinese plan?

Its a valid analogy, and it could be skin off your nose-------or some other part of your anatomy.

Do you understand what an "analogy" is ? If not, look it up.

The answer to your question is: it wouldn't be any skin off my nose. Now, what's your answer to my question?

China believes that it is overpopulated and its solution is one child per couple with mandatory abortion for all subsequent pregnancies.

Mandatory abortions are not and never were the 'norm,' and at this point China realizes that overpopulation is NOT its problem. In fact, China is facing the inevitability of the same problems most other countries are regarding demographics. This is a big problem in China where traditionally parents rely on their grown children for care in their later years. China is now facing the same problem Japan is, just on a different schedule (and eventually a larger scale).

Its a valid analogy, and it could be skin off your nose-------or some other part of your anatomy.

It's not a valid analogy because AGAIN it is based on a false premise. You seem to keep making that same mistake over and over.

I don't particularly. Why are you trolling your own thread?

Uhhh, post #318, you opened this diversion from the thead topic, not me.

You lying sack of shit. YOU brought up Muslims evangelizing in the US.

Grow that fuck up asshole. You want to now have an exchange of insults. Fine, I will beat you at that to. You lying piece of dried up rat shit. You are not worthy of residing in my cat's litter box and it smells a lot better than you do.

Well, thats your view. Others do not see it that way. Others (not me) see homosexuality as a perversion or an aberation. Why are they not allowed to hold those views?

two southpaws getting married is not even close to a valid analogy

But they are allowed to hold those views, just like you are. I think the problem is in putting them in jail for wearing something, or I guess acting gay in public?

We don't do that in the USA. They do it in Saudi Arabia and every other muslim country. Russia considers it improper conduct and an abnormal human condition.

Do those countries not have the right to set their own standards of behavior?

Gays have not been so kindly treated here, historically. Why shouldn't the leader of the free world, at a world gathering of such magnitude, use it as an opportunity to nudge and expose the repressive Russians policies that put people in jail for what we believe is the way a person was born, or what they choose to be.

very true, but its the only one that declares that non-believers are to be killed.

It is not the only religion with extremists, and like with other religions those extremists represent a minority opinion.

again, true. But have you heard a single high ranking muslim cleric or leader of a muslim nation come out against the 9/11 bombings?

Nearly all of them condemned the attacks. Saddam was one exception.

Your facts seems strangely like truthiness

The Word - Truthiness - The Colbert Report - 2005-17-10 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

very true, but its the only one that declares that non-believers are to be killed.

It is not the only religion with extremists, and like with other religions those extremists represent a minority opinion.

again, true. But have you heard a single high ranking muslim cleric or leader of a muslim nation come out against the 9/11 bombings?

Yes, but according to you, that isn't their right.

No, it is not a false premise. ...

It is false, since we are not "forcing" any attitude toward homosexuality on Russia. You want to go through another 20 pages of the exact same thing?

I corrected that several pages ago, we are openly "campaigning" against the Russian's views on homosexuality. What gives us the right to tell them they are wrong?

NO, we cannot "force" our views on anyone outside of the US. Funny, but the govt is trying to force one view on everyone inside the US, and openly targeting and denigrating anyone who dares disagree.

Is that freedom? or is it a tyranical government?

That is freedom. That is a free people living under a democratic government choosing through their elected representatives to give homosexuals equal rights.

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

WTF is going on? We have become a nation of hypocrites.
homosexuality has already been in Russia. It doesn't have to be 'forced' on any culture as it already is in every culture.

Should the United States remained mute after Krystalnacht? Once it was apparent that Jews were being discriminated against, should the Western World turn a blind eye and say to each his own?

Are we not the land of the free and the home of the brave? Who hypocritical would it be for us to put our heads in the sand once we see human rights abuses?

Then I guess you have no issue with muslims wanting to convince the rest of the world that islam is the only real religion? How about if the chinese sent a delegation to the US with the goal of convincing americans that no couple should have more than one child?

why is it OK for us to do it, but not for anyone else?

Did the US ever bar a delegation from a country participating in the Olympics because the country, say, was communist? Or didn't support gay rights? Or women's rights? or you-name-it...

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

homosexuality has already been in Russia. It doesn't have to be 'forced' on any culture as it already is in every culture.

Should the United States remained mute after Krystalnacht? Once it was apparent that Jews were being discriminated against, should the Western World turn a blind eye and say to each his own?

Are we not the land of the free and the home of the brave? Who hypocritical would it be for us to put our heads in the sand once we see human rights abuses?

Then I guess you have no issue with muslims wanting to convince the rest of the world that islam is the only real religion? How about if the chinese sent a delegation to the US with the goal of convincing americans that no couple should have more than one child?

Because cultural issues that do not include repression can betaken with a grain of salt. The Russians ARE calling for repression. See the difference now?

See, thats what you lefties don't get. The russians and muslims think that our views on homosexuality are human rights abuses.

So we get all pompous and tell them that we are right and they are wrong.

What makes us always right, and everyone else always wrong?
Do you really understand human rights abuses? To repress someone for an immutable trait is a human rights abuse.

And who said we are always right? Who said everyone else is always wrong? There are no absolutes.

Yes, but according to you, that isn't their right.

Damn, you libs are a thick headed bunch. You rant and rave that the US should convince the rest of the world to treat gays the way we treat them, but you are just fine with muslims being silent on an attack that killed 3000 innocent people.

OK, people. Lets try this one more time. This is not about whether gays should have equal rights, I think we all agree that they should.

This is not about the US setting an example for the rest of the world.

This thread merely asks the question: What gives us the moral superiority to tell the rest of the world that what we believe relative to gays is right and what they believe is wrong?

Who are we to be missionaries for gay rights to the rest of the world?

Most of you on the left disagree with Christians preaching the gospel to non-Christians, but you are OK with the US preaching gay rights to the rest of the world.

This is about American arrogance that is displayed every day---------"we are right, you are wrong, you should change your beliefs and standards to match ours"

If you don't get it now, you never will

Because cultural issues that do not include repression can betaken with a grain of salt. The Russians ARE calling for repression. See the difference now?

Why is it our business if the Russians are oppressing a segment of their population?

Forum List

Back