What gives us the right?

what I am trying to get through your head is that there is no universal belief of what is moral and immoral when it comes to homosexuality.

We have ours, muslims have a totally different view, as do the Russians.

what gives us the right to tell them that their morals are wrong?

Hold on, you just said we should let people live their own lives, is that not universal to you anymore? Because if letting people live their own lives is universal then letting people be gay also is.

I said we should let each country decide its own set of morals, laws, and ethics. I never said each individual in a country should set his or her own.

So you don't really have a problem with a government telling people how to live their lives then?

There were abolitionist movements everywhere there was slavery, not just the USA. You are insane if you think the anti-slavery movement didn't spread internationally.

The USA government kills people all over world and does tons of violent things and you are complaining about it trying to tell people not to be immoral bigots?

OMG, the liberal mind is a very confusing and confused thing. You are incapable of staying on topic.

Yes, slavery is wrong
Yes, discrimination is wrong

No one is defending those things.

Yes, Russia is wrong for discriminating against gays. But that is something that is up to the Russian people to accept or change----------------NOT US.

and we have no right to tell them that they are wrong to believe differently from us.

You are insane if you don't think you have a right to speak out against immorality.

Of course we all have the right to speak out against what we consider immoral.

But we don't have the right to tell other countries what they should consider immoral.

I know its kind of a fine line, and that you libs have a hard time with it. But I am trying to get you to THINK

again, true. But have you heard a single high ranking muslim cleric or leader of a muslim nation come out against the 9/11 bombings?

Yes, but according to you, that isn't their right.

Damn, you libs are a thick headed bunch. You rant and rave that the US should convince the rest of the world to treat gays the way we treat them, but you are just fine with muslims being silent on an attack that killed 3000 innocent people.

Why must you repeatedly lie about what I believe? What purpose does that serve?

Hold on, you just said we should let people live their own lives, is that not universal to you anymore? Because if letting people live their own lives is universal then letting people be gay also is.

I said we should let each country decide its own set of morals, laws, and ethics. I never said each individual in a country should set his or her own.

So you don't really have a problem with a government telling people how to live their lives then?

the laws and statutes put in place by the govenment regulate how the people within that country may live their lives.

the laws and statutes of the USA do not apply to Russia or any other country.

So you want everyone to decide individually whether or not murder should be illegal? You just might be a democrat after-all.

the laws and statutes put in place by the govenment regulate how the people within that country may live their lives.

That is neither here nor there. People don't have a choice in where they are born. Either you are okay with governments telling people how to live there lives or you stand by what you originally said and think that people should decide how to live their own lives. Which is it?

Yes, but according to you, that isn't their right.

Damn, you libs are a thick headed bunch. You rant and rave that the US should convince the rest of the world to treat gays the way we treat them, but you are just fine with muslims being silent on an attack that killed 3000 innocent people.

Then tell us what you believe, post something from your personal brain, rather than nothing but left wing talking points.

That is neither here nor there. People don't have a choice in where they are born. Either you are okay with governments telling people how to live there lives or you stand by what you originally said and think that people should decide how to live their own lives. Which is it?

It's not one or the other dumb ass.

Then tell us what you believe, post something from your personal brain, rather than nothing but left wing talking points.

lol, your meltdown is complete.

I never said that each individual could set his or her own rules for living. The country that we live in tells us what we can and cannot do by the laws put in place by the government.

Thats not what this is about. this is about one country trying to tell the rest of the countries how they should live.

Sure it is, he made the assertion not me, but it is true. You either favor the government dictating how people should leave or you do not.

You condemned Christian missionary work. Will you also condemn Ronald Reagan calling the Soviet Union the 'evil empire'?

Sure it is, he made the assertion not me, but it is true. You either favor the government dictating how people should leave or you do not.

The government of the USA should only tell people in the USA how to live, not the rest of the world.

You condemned Christian missionary work. Will you also condemn Ronald Reagan calling the Soviet Union the 'evil empire'?

Yes, I said he was wrong when he said it.

The government of the USA should only tell people in the USA how to live, not the rest of the world.

That doesn't make sense though. Why should it be able to tell me how to live but not some citizen in Russia? Because of where someone is randomly born?

At least we have shown that you actually have no problem with governments controlling people you just seem to have more respect for russian citizens than american.

Wrong.

Liberty does not include the liberty to take someone's liberty away from them.

Simple concept, but so many get it so wrong all the time.

Thus we have laws, enforced by our government employees, to ensure people don't run around taking our liberty away from us. For example, stealing our stuff. As another example, killing us. Still another example, raping our women and beating our children.

That doesn't make sense though. Why should it be able to tell me how to live but not some citizen in Russia? Because of where someone is randomly born?

At least we have shown that you actually have no problem with governments controlling people you just seem to have more respect for russian citizens than american.

Hello! Anyone in there?

It's a straw man argument in the first place. No one is forcing Russians to bend to our will regarding gay rights. There's nothing wrong with arguing the Russians should give up the homophobia. Unless you have a problem with freedom of speech too?

Forum List

Back