What gives us the right?

No I want to know where wedding cake makers are refusing to do business with hetero couples.

once again, your reading comprehension is lacking. I said, by implication, that there would be no suit if the baker refused to make a cake for a hetero couple.

So this claim is straight out of your imagination.

I never said that there was an actual case. you really need to take a reading comprehension class at your local jr college.

I never said that there was an actual case. you really need to take a reading comprehension class at your local jr college.

So you confirm what I said.

To repeat, I do not believe that there would be a lawsuit if a baker refused to make a wedding cake for a hetero couple. Do you think there would be? Is that a double standard?

Do we have equality when one class of people is entitled by law to special treatment?

once again, your reading comprehension is lacking. I said, by implication, that there would be no suit if the baker refused to make a cake for a hetero couple.

Be advised that there are in fact 'gay' businesses being sued for anti-heterosexual bias. Example:

Lawyer Behind Micky's Gay Bar Lawsuit Also Suing Fiesta Cantina, Eleven | WEHOville

Be advised that there are in fact 'gay' businesses being sued for anti-heterosexual bias. Example:

Lawyer Behind Micky's Gay Bar Lawsuit Also Suing Fiesta Cantina, Eleven | WEHOville

well, thats wrong. If a bar wants to limit its customers to gays, that should be its right. Why would a straight person want to go to a gay bar? and, why would a gay person want to go to a hetero meat-market bar?

this whole gay thing borders on insanity.

So you confirm what I said.

To repeat, I do not believe that there would be a lawsuit if a baker refused to make a wedding cake for a hetero couple. Do you think there would be? Is that a double standard?

Do we have equality when one class of people is entitled by law to special treatment?

Since it's the hetero couple's decision whether or not to sue, what's the double standard?

Last edited:

well, thats wrong. If a bar wants to limit its customers to gays, that should be its right. Why would a straight person want to go to a gay bar? and, why would a gay person want to go to a hetero meat-market bar?

this whole gay thing borders on insanity.

Or why would a black person want to have lunch in a whites-only diner?

as I said, you didn't read the thread.

As I said, no one is "forcing" Russia to embrace homosexuality.

see post #213. As I said, you posted without reading the thread---that makes you a troll. :eusa_whistle:

You had to get to post number 213 before clarifying the point of your own thread? Is this a troll thread?

Even according to your own semantics game we are not "forcing" Russia to embrace homosexuality.

As I said, no one is "forcing" Russia to embrace homosexuality.

see post #213. As I said, you posted without reading the thread---that makes you a troll. :eusa_whistle:

You had to get to post number 213 before clarifying the point of your own thread? Is this a troll thread?

Even according to your own semantics game we are not "forcing" Russia to embrace homosexuality.

Elements of our government and our society are trying to force our views and beliefs on the entire world. Homosexuality is just the most current issue. The word "force" has many meanings, only one of which is physical force.

The more basic question is what gives us the superior status to tell the world that they have to live and believe as we do? What gives us the right to tell other countries that their beliefs and customs are wrong and that they should adopt ours?

Elements of our government and our society are trying to force our views and beliefs on the entire world. Homosexuality is just the most current issue. The word "force" has many meanings, only one of which is physical force.

The more basic question is what gives us the superior status to tell the world that they have to live and believe as we do? What gives us the right to tell other countries that their beliefs and customs are wrong and that they should adopt ours?

We can try to influence without forcing anyone to do anything, physical or otherwise. Forcing just isn't the appropriate term in any context.

We haven't done that at these Olympics, so your panties are all bunched up over nothing.

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

WTF is going on? We have become a nation of hypocrites.

American exceptionalism.

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

American exceptionalism.

Exactly, what gives us the right to make that claim? Yes, this country has accomplished great things, but are we more "exceptional" than everyone else in the world? I think not.

Success should not breed arrogance

We should not try to make the entire world think and act as we do.

Who are we to tell Russia that its views on homosexuality are wrong? What gives us the right to tell muslims that their religious teachings on homosexuality are wrong?

We haven't done that at these Olympics, so your panties are all bunched up over nothing.

Yes, we have made a big deal about our gay atheletes. This was an in-your-face campaign aimed at the Russian views on gays.

My question is what gives us the superiority to claim that we are right and they are wrong.

American exceptionalism.

Exactly, what gives us the right to make that claim? Yes, this country has accomplished great things, but are we more "exceptional" than everyone else in the world? I think not.

Who are we to tell Russia that its views on homosexuality are wrong? What gives us the right to tell muslims that their religious teachings on homosexuality are wrong?

Apparently you feel the United States shouldn't use it's voice to preach our ideals on humane rights throughout the world. We should just let Injustices all over the world proceed, because who are we to open our mouths.

Well thankfully most people don't agree with you.

American exceptionalism.

Apparently you feel the United States shouldn't use it's voice to preach our ideals on humane rights throughout the world. We should just let Injustices all over the world proceed, because who are we to open our mouths.

your opinions are in conflict with the Reagan quote you use as your sig.

We should lead by example, we should NOT tell other countries that what they believe is wrong.

there is a difference between showing tolerance in our country and telling other countries that what they believe is wrong.

I guess the difference is too subtle for most of you on the left. :confused:

American exceptionalism.

How do you feel when muslims "preach their ideals" to the rest of the world?

your opinions are in conflict with the Reagan quote you use as your sig.

We should lead by example, we should NOT tell other countries that what they believe is wrong.

there is a difference between showing tolerance in our country and telling other countries that what they believe is wrong.

I guess the difference is too subtle for most of you on the left. :confused:

^^What a joke of a post.

How do you feel when muslims "preach their ideals" to the rest of the world?

I disagree with their world view, but I'm not naive, I know their going to continue to try and spread thier ideology, and if America chooses to become a. Silent nation, like you want, then other evil nations will fill the vacuum.

Forum List

Back