What gives us the right?

I agree with you, sunshine, that the Olympics should be a platform for sport and competition, and not politics, but Olympics aside, Redshit is saying America doesn't have the right to say anything about humane rights in other societies. That is wrong. It's not only our right, we have an obligation to stand up for humane rights, everywhere.

Damn, but you libs are thick headed. I never said that we should not express our beliefs and lead by example.

What I said is that its none of our business if another country has beliefs different from ours on gays, religion, or any other topic.

We are not the worlds police force or its morals determiner.
Should we extend political asylum to Ugandan homosexuals?

Not on a blanket basis. If they request asylum using proper channels then the state dept should consider the requests on an individual basis, just like asylum requests from anyone else for any other reason.

However, I think the black ministers in this country would not be pleased with an influx of black homosexuals into this country.

A group of black ministers have recently called for Holder's impeachment because of his stance on forcing gay marriage on every state in violation of state statutes.

you lefties seem to think that there is a majority opinion on the gay agenda in this country---that is very far from the truth.

Damn, but you libs are thick headed. I never said that we should not express our beliefs and lead by example.

What I said is that its none of our business if another country has beliefs different from ours on gays, religion, or any other topic.

Not on a blanket basis. If they request asylum using proper channels then the state dept should consider the requests on an individual basis, just like asylum requests from anyone else for any other reason.

However, I think the black ministers in this country would not be pleased with an influx of black homosexuals into this country.

A group of black ministers have recently called for Holder's impeachment because of his stance on forcing gay marriage on every state in violation of state statutes.

you lefties seem to think that there is a majority opinion on the gay agenda in this country---that is very far from the truth.
Why should anyone care what the bigoted class thinks? If they ran this country, we would still be living under repression for no reason other than that's what has been done and what they believe should be done.

It was American 'christians' (I won't dignify them with an upper case "C" because they are far from Christian) who travelled to Uganda to help frame the despicable laws recently passed there regarding homosexuality. If those 'christians' can't get us to play along with their ignorance and fear, they think they can go globe trotting to bring their warped sense of 'morality' to the rest of the world.

I agree with you, sunshine, that the Olympics should be a platform for sport and competition, and not politics, but Olympics aside, Redshit is saying America doesn't have the right to say anything about humane rights in other societies. That is wrong. It's not only our right, we have an obligation to stand up for humane rights, everywhere.

Without question. If they can get here they will have it.

Actually there is. Read the polls, do the math, and remember that the ones opposed are dying off, literally.

Actually there is. Read the polls, do the math, and remember that the ones opposed are dying off, literally.

You are wrong on all counts. Here is just one piece of proof

Black pastors group calls for Eric Holder impeachment over gay marriage - Washington Times

Why should anyone care what the bigoted class thinks? If they ran this country, we would still be living under repression for no reason other than that's what has been done and what they believe should be done.

It was American 'christians' (I won't dignify them with an upper case "C" because they are far from Christian) who travelled to Uganda to help frame the despicable laws recently passed there regarding homosexuality. If those 'christians' can't get us to play along with their ignorance and fear, they think they can go globe trotting to bring their warped sense of 'morality' to the rest of the world.

So you condemn the Christians for preaching their views to Ugandans, but praise the gay delegation for preaching their views to Russians????

hypocrisy in action :eusa_whistle:

for the record, I am against both.

Without question. If they can get here they will have it.

who the hell are you to make such a blanket statement?

So you condemn the Christians for preaching their views to Ugandans, but praise the gay delegation for preaching their views to Russians????

hypocrisy in action :eusa_whistle:

for the record, I am against both.
It's not hypocrisy. It's consistency. Those so called Christians framed hate laws, though not as strong as the Russian hate laws.

There is no room for intolerance against a group simply because some bone head thinks they're icky. No crimes are committed, no property is damaged by homosexuality. Their only offense is in the minds of the fearful, the suspicious and the blatantly ignorant.

You are wrong on all counts. Here is just one piece of proof

Black pastors group calls for Eric Holder impeachment over gay marriage - Washington Times
Not a poll, not empirical. Learn to do the math.

Without question. If they can get here they will have it.[/QUOTE]

who the hell are you to make such a blanket statement?
Someone who knows how the system works. I've been around a long time.

I have also been around a long time. But I don't make pronouncements about anything the govt will or won't do. Its called experience.

in order to get asylum the person has to demonstrate that he or she personally is in mortal danger in their native country. I haven't seen anything about the ungandan govt killing gays. But if they are, then maybe asylum would be appropriate.

I have also been around a long time. But I don't make pronouncements about anything the govt will or won't do. Its called experience.

in order to get asylum the person has to demonstrate that he or she personally is in mortal danger in their native country. I haven't seen anything about the ungandan govt killing gays. But if they are, then maybe asylum would be appropriate.
It doesn't have anything to do with the government. As long as you can show you are likely to be killed if returned, you'll either be granted safety here or somewhere else, or put on hold here until the situation changes.

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

WTF is going on? We have become a nation of hypocrites.

The fact that you and most others on the right envy the authoritarian state that is Russia today, and its ability to violate the human rights of gay individuals, is both telling and unsurprising.

It’s also very telling that during the Soviet Era you and other conservatives believed you had to right to dictate to Russia that they ‘tear down walls’ and afford human rights to the Russian people, including Soviet Jews.

So the actual question is: what is it about gay Russians that they not sustain the same human rights you and other conservatives demanded for the Soviet people.

Perhaps it is that they are mentally aberrated with a perversion, that the general Soviet population did not have ?

Nothing. Russia is well known for human rights abuses and this issue is no different.

Just be glad you live in the US where we have the constitutionally guaranteed equality for all of us. Be grateful that your own country fights for equality, where diversity is welcomed and celebrated and where no one would ever believe they have the right to impose heterosexuality on anyone.

I think the real question is, will Putin ever come out of the closet?

Oh yeah, and what's this about us 'sending a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong'? Are you really saying the United States sent some sort of official delegation to Russia to "tell them they are wrong"?
No he's saying the Democratic party of queers is trying to impose it's (lack of)values on others.

and yeah ludley, keep up will ya, I thought you were informed? Don't tell me you're another lakhota/carbineer/swallow

U.S. delegation delivers strong message in Sochi

here is the pertinent part:
In December, President Obama selected an official U.S. Olympic delegation unlike any other, designed solely to send a message of disgust for Russian President Vladimir Putin's anti-gay propaganda law.

Here's what you don't get-----------eveyone does not share the same beliefs as to what is moral and immoral.

Why can't we live by our rules and let other countries live by theirs? What gives us the right to claim that our beliefs are right and theirs are wrong?

There are absolute moral rights and absolute moral wrongs. Do you believe that there is morality in a concentration camp? Do you believe that there is a moral stand to be held once a government imprisons it's citizens for immutable characteristics? Where's the morality in torture, repression and exhile if no crime is committed?

While I agree that the world does not share a common sense of morality on certain actions, there is a common morality, a common humanity shared by all people. Revolutions occur in every culture because the common morality is broken by an oppressor. Once you have the opportunity to travel and have gained the maturity to understand a common right and wrong, you will get it.

Nice try, but you are the one who is out of touch with reality. I have lived and worked in europe, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, and a short time in Venezuela. I have seen first hand how people feel about the USA when we try to preach to them about how they should adopt our morals and ethics and forget theirs.

Yes, there are some aspects of morality that are common in all cultures. You do not kill other people, you obey the laws of the land you are in, you treat people with respect, you are honest in business dealings.

But what we in the US are trying to do goes far beyond those basic moral beliefs.

Who are we to tell another country that its beliefs on homosexuality are wrong and ours are right? What gives us the moral superiority to preach to the rest of the world?

I would guess that most Americans think the Russians are right. They just don't go around mouthing off like the gay-lovers do.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...e-may-be-understated-in-public-opinion-polls/

Last edited:

How about life in prison just for being gay?

Forum List

Back