What gives us the right?

Not at all. We should legalize it here and set up red-light districts.

Would you encourage your daughter to enter the "profession" ?

No. Nor would I encourage her to join the military.

Would you tell her that she can be straight or gay? Would you say "you can choose whatever sexual kind of sexual relationships that turn you on"

Now, be honest. Would you prefer that she be straight or gay?

I'm just curious as to how you think the President could have gone about removing the gay athletes from our Olympic team,

I'm talking about the actual qualified participants.

No one needed to be removed from the team-----------just STFU about being gay.

What is it about gays today that they feel the need to flaunt their lifestyle in the face of everyone else? Do whatever you want behind closed doors, no one cares, just don't demand that the govt force the rest of us to call it normal and acceptable.

So you believe we should limit the First Amendment rights of Gay people to speak their minds? Put them back in the closet, so to speak?

Sexual preference discussion has no place in the Olympics. It only became an issue because of some gay activists who are trying to force their agenda on everyone else.

If you played tennis as a an adult, would you go to a match and begin discussing your sex life with everyone around? of course not, you would play your matches and win or lose and then go home.

They execute their own darghters and wives in this country if they do something in violation of muslim law. But you are OK with that as long as they leave gays alone :confused:

Again they don't do so in my country legally. And this country has condemned the practice of honor killing as well.

But feel free to make up some other shit and accuse me of it.

Yes, our culture condemns it. Other cultures condone it. I think we are right, you think we are right. But thats no the point. Why can't we let other people live and believe as they wish?

Homosexuality is deemed a perversion or a crime in much of the world. Don't those cultures have the right to determine their own standards of what is moral and immoral?

I understand your position perfectly. You have no problem with Muslims executing people for converting to Christianity, or being Gay, because that's what their government decides is the law. And we Americans have no right to criticizes them for their barbaric practices.

Would you encourage your daughter to enter the "profession" ?

Would you tell her that she can be straight or gay? Would you say "you can choose whatever sexual kind of sexual relationships that turn you on"

She (well, number 1 anyway) came out years ago. I accept her for who she is and love her with all my heart.

Again they don't do so in my country legally. And this country has condemned the practice of honor killing as well.

But feel free to make up some other shit and accuse me of it.

Yes, our culture condemns it. Other cultures condone it. I think we are right, you think we are right. But thats no the point. Why can't we let other people live and believe as they wish?

Homosexuality is deemed a perversion or a crime in much of the world. Don't those cultures have the right to determine their own standards of what is moral and immoral?

I understand your position perfectly. You have no problem with Muslims executing people for converting to Christianity, or being Gay, because that's what their government decides is the law. And we Americans have no right to criticizes them for their barbaric practices.

Thats where the hypocrisy comes in. Obama cancelled the national day of prayer, but participated in a muslim day of prayer in DC.

How does that snyc with critricizing muslim pracitices?

She (well, number 1 anyway) came out years ago. I accept her for who she is and love her with all my heart.

As would I, but would you not have preferred that she had been straight?

No one needed to be removed from the team-----------just STFU about being gay.

What is it about gays today that they feel the need to flaunt their lifestyle in the face of everyone else? Do whatever you want behind closed doors, no one cares, just don't demand that the govt force the rest of us to call it normal and acceptable.

So you believe we should limit the First Amendment rights of Gay people to speak their minds? Put them back in the closet, so to speak?

Sexual preference discussion has no place in the Olympics. It only became an issue because of some gay activists who are trying to force their agenda on everyone else.

If you played tennis as a an adult, would you go to a match and begin discussing your sex life with everyone around? of course not, you would play your matches and win or lose and then go home.

So you believe that Gay's (or our Government) should not have the right to protest Russia (or any other country) when they passed their Anti-gay propaganda laws. Got it.

As would I, but would you not have preferred that she had been straight?

I prefer that she be happy and successful. I know it was not a choice she made. I'm damn glad that she didn't face the discrimination we once had here in this country not too long ago. (Thanking the old activist out there.)

So you believe that Gay's (or our Government) should not have the right to protest Russia (or any other country) when they passed their Anti-gay propaganda laws. Got it.

Apparently, it's ok to the RW to call out totalitarian govts for not allowing equal economic rights to all citizens, but no ok to call them out for denying civil rights to GLBT.

I thought this comment upon America interesting

Tocqueville was fascinated by the question of what democracy in America would look like, because he thought it was inevitable that the rest of Western civilization would soon follow it in building societies dedicated to equality. But he was also filled with "a sort of religious terror...by the sight of this irresistible revolution that for so many centuries has marched over all obstacles, and that one sees still advancing today amid the ruins it has made."
How Christianity gave us gay marriage - The Week

I have no issue with individuals expressing their beliefs, or with any government expressing the beliefs of its citizens or its founding documents.

What I have an issue with is the USA telling the world that our beliefs are always correct and superior to theirs.

as to your specific question regarding gays "protesting" Russia's anti-gay policies. Fine with me, but if you do it in Russia be prepared to spend a long time in prison.

I have no issue with individuals expressing their beliefs, or with any government expressing the beliefs of its citizens or its founding documents.

What I have an issue with is the USA telling the world that our beliefs are always correct and superior to theirs.

as to your specific question regarding gays "protesting" Russia's anti-gay policies. Fine with me, but if you do it in Russia be prepared to spend a long time in prison.

You have a problem with the US telling other governments that they should respect the individual rights of all citizens to express themselves and seek the liberty God has blessed them with?

Apparently, it's ok to the RW to call out totalitarian govts for not allowing equal economic rights to all citizens, but no ok to call them out for denying civil rights to GLBT.

I thought this comment upon America interesting

Tocqueville was fascinated by the question of what democracy in America would look like, because he thought it was inevitable that the rest of Western civilization would soon follow it in building societies dedicated to equality. But he was also filled with "a sort of religious terror...by the sight of this irresistible revolution that for so many centuries has marched over all obstacles, and that one sees still advancing today amid the ruins it has made."
How Christianity gave us gay marriage - The Week

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the GLBT agenda is not a high priority with 98% of the people in the world.

There are thousands of issues that take precedence with most of the world. Only people like you and a few hollyloonies make this a big deal.

You have a problem with the US telling other governments that they should respect the individual rights of all citizens to express themselves and seek the liberty God has blessed them with?

Yes, I do have a problem with that. Its none of our fricken business how the rest of the world lives, what they believe, or what kind of government they have.

Last edited:

Yes, I do have a problem with that. Its none of our fricken business how the rest of the world likes, what they believe, or what kind of government they have.

Nothing but a bunch of hogwash.

It's none of your business what people say. It's a free country anyone can say pretty much whatever they want as long as it's not slander or causing injury. Publishing an article proclaiming that Russians should embrace gayness, or spending an hour on TV talking about it, is dumb as hell but their right under our constitution.

The irony of a weeks long thread talking about gay rights with you complaining about others complaining... lol

Yes, I do have a problem with that. Its none of our fricken business how the rest of the world likes, what they believe, or what kind of government they have.

If there is a human rights issue to be pursued, the Olympics is the wrong venue. There is Amnesty International. Athletes have worked VERY hard to compete and they should not be punished because their government is not PC enough to suit. All Obama did was try to get one on Putin. Putin is no fool. Obama, and likely some American citizens, will pay. But them to Obama American citizens are just pawns to be used in his little games.

If there is a human rights issue to be pursued, the Olympics is the wrong venue. There is Amnesty International. Athletes have worked VERY hard to compete and they should not be punished because their government is not PC enough to suit. All Obama did was try to get one on Putin. Putin is no fool. Obama, and likely some American citizens, will pay. But them to Obama American citizens are just pawns to be used in his little games.

What's President Obama going to do? Ask someone like Billie Jean King to be part of our delegation, or what?

Nothing but a bunch of hogwash.

It's none of your business what people say. It's a free country anyone can say pretty much whatever they want as long as it's not slander or causing injury. Publishing an article proclaiming that Russians should embrace gayness, or spending an hour on TV talking about it, is dumb as hell but their right under our constitution.

The irony of a weeks long thread talking about gay rights with you complaining about others complaining... lol

Like many, RK, you are missing the point. I have tried to state it over and over but many of you refuse to actually think about the question being raised.

I am not discussing whether human beings should respect each other, whether being gay is right or wrong, or whether Russia is a terrible country.

The question is what makes our morals and ethics in the USA superior to any other country which may believe differently? Who are we to tell Russia that they should treat gays as we do? Who are we to tell muslims that their religion is wrong on homosexuality? Why are our beliefs superior to everyone else's ?

I started this thread to make people THINK. Its amazing how difficult that is.

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

WTF is going on? We have become a nation of hypocrites.

we have always tried to foster civil rights and interjected when civil rights were violated.

why should Russia be any different because you don't like gays?

and don't forget, their bigoted policies affect us in that they won't allow adoptions to be completed by anyone in this country, whether gay or straight.

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

we have always tried to foster civil rights and interjected when civil rights were violated.

why should Russia be any different because you don't like gays?

and don't forget, their bigoted policies affect us in that they won't allow adoptions to be completed by anyone in this country, whether gay or straight.

The answer is simple-----------Russia is not part of the USA.

our constitution, laws, and bill of rights do not apply outside the borders of the USA.

Other countries have the right to establish their laws, rights, and morals. We have no superior right to tell them they are wrong.

Its that kind of arrogance that causes much of the problems in the world.

We have free speech to express our concerns and defend our arguments and beliefs based on human dignity and inclusion without discrimination.

On that note, we are LIMITED in our influence if we, ourselves, discriminate and aren't true to our own word. We lose authority where we contradict ourselves.

* We claim to respect religious freedom, but one group bashes and hates Christians and sues over crosses out of intolerance blamed on others, while another blames all Muslims for what Jihadists are doing to kill and terrorize innocent Muslims equally as nonMuslims.
How can we preach to China or Korea about religious tolerance and freedom without pointing the finger at ourselves?

* We claim to respect Constitutional laws, but abuse party politics to impose laws that either ban or force gay marriage against the beliefs of others; or threaten to impose laws forcing prochoice or prolife views, and now ACA mandates, against the beliefs of other people and parites discriminated against and blamed for disagreeing with us.

If we can't even follow our own laws on inclusion, and not discriminating by law against people of different views, what business do we have preaching to anyone else?

We have free speech to express our principles. And also freedom to talk out of our hats, put our foot in our mouth, and admit these faults are mutual when someone calls us out.
When we reach that realization, and agreement to help each other correct problems we all share, that is when we empower change by working together in partnership.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back