What gives us the right?

There is a difference between private citizens making such a plea than for our government to do it, or sanction it.

Why? The government is of the People, remember?

btw, a very basic question:

How many gay athletes should the President have put in his delegation in order to be at or below the maximum that you would deem acceptable?

We should send athletes, not gay-athletes, black-athletes, white-athletes, or any other kind of hyphenated athletes.

they should go and participate in their sport and try to win medals. Nothing more.

You don't seem to understand how the Olympics works.

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

WTF is going on? We have become a nation of hypocrites.

[MENTION=42379]Redfish[/MENTION]

Nothing. There is nothing that gives us that right. We have sent them people who are criminals in that country.

If that's the case then the real fault here lies with the Olympic Committee awarding Russia the games in the first place,

given the Olympic charter's opposition in principle to such discrimination/criminalization.

The US didn't do so.

Bwahahahahahaha...

Put down the bong, kid.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmm

have you ever undergone this type of procedure?

14a3e720e2519c99a86de8c5a02536b0.jpg

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

WTF is going on? We have become a nation of hypocrites.

Nothing. There is nothing that gives us that right. We have sent them people who are criminals in that country.

If that's the case then the real fault here lies with the Olympic Committee awarding Russia the games in the first place,

given the Olympic charter's opposition in principle to such discrimination/criminalization.

What you don't get is that homosexuality is a crime in MOST of the world. Obama was in the wrong.

What you don't get is that homosexuality is a crime in MOST of the world. Obama was in the wrong.

I'll take your failure to address my point as your inability to dispute it.

Case closed.

No objection to Bush's antics on his trip to the 2008 Olympics in China:

Bush had official business on his agenda Sunday: meetings with Chinese President Hu Jintao and other leaders of the country; attending church; speaking about religious freedom. That is a sensitive matter in China, where the government allows worship only in officially approved churches.

President Bush At The Beijing Olympics (SLIDESHOW)

Bush had official business on his agenda Sunday: meetings with Chinese President Hu Jintao and other leaders of the country; attending church; speaking about religious freedom. That is a sensitive matter in China, where the government allows worship only in officially approved churches.

Well it may come as some surprise to you, but people in the middle east can only worship in government approved churches. Wonder how come Obama doesn't address that 'issue' in the middle east! Hm?

And there is quite the difference in having a discussion with the country's leader about an issue and sending criminals there. That is what Obama did. He sent criminals to Russia. That was not a civil discussion it was a brazen fly in your face assault on their mores and values of that culture, mores and values that hold strong in most of the world, but sadly not fore the US. Putin is no fool. Obama will pay for that one.

I am beginning to understand Kruschev's statement that our grandchildren would live under communism. I must confess though, that it never occurred to me that our grandchildren would have to live in such disgusting filth as they do in the US today and might prefer communism to the disgusting filth that is going on in this country.

Last edited:

Most of the world practiced slavery too. I bet most of the world believes in supernatural beings that determine our fates.........Doesn't make it right. America is correct to stand up for the rights of people to express themselves without fear of a retribution.

Well it may come as some surprise to you, but people in the middle east can only worship in government approved churches. Wonder how come Obama doesn't address that 'issue' in the middle east! Hm?

And there is quite the difference in having a discussion with the country's leader about an issue and sending criminals there. That is what Obama did. He sent criminals to Russia. That was not a civil discussion it was a brazen fly in your face assault on their mores and values of that culture, mores and values that hold strong in most of the world, but sadly not fore the US. Putin is no fool. Obama will pay for that one.

I am beginning to understand Kruschev's statement that our grandchildren would live under communism. I must confess though, that it never occurred to me that our grandchildren would have to live in such disgusting filth as they do in the US today and might prefer communism to the disgusting filth that is going on in this country.

It is not a criminal offense in Russia to be gay or have same sex relationships. Nor do they consider it a mental disorder.

The most disgusting thing about America is people with attitudes like this. Who think nothing of spreading vicious lies as long as they think it serves their agenda.

Most of the world practiced slavery too. I bet most of the world believes in supernatural beings that determine our fates.........Doesn't make it right. America is correct to stand up for the rights of people to express themselves without fear of a retribution.

The opinions of people like you and NYC are inconsistent at best and ludicrous at worst. You are oh so ready to embrace islam in the US and it is no secret that islam executes homosexuals. Christians, on the other hand, are willing to look the other way as long as you keep it out of our living rooms. Which you are not content to do. You must have your vile behaviors up in our faces day and night. All I've got to say to you and NYC is: Embrace Islam! The sooner the better!

The opinions of people like you and NYC are inconsistent at best and ludicrous at worst. You are oh so ready to embrace islam in the US and it is no secret that islam executes homosexuals. Christians, on the other hand, are willing to look the other way as long as you keep it out of our living rooms. Which you are not content to do. You must have your vile behaviors up in our faces day and night. All I've got to say to you and NYC is: Embrace Islam! The sooner the better!

If you can't tolerate the constitutional right of law abiding Muslims to practice their religion in the US, then you don't belong here.

Trust me, no normal Americans will miss you.

What are Conservatives complaining about? You Conservatives hate Russia, don't you? They're the Evil Empire that Reagan warned us about. Reagan sold weapons to al-Qaeda to fight the Russians, remember? That's how evil the Soviets were. Reagan had to ally himself with terrorists. That's serious. And Russia hasn't stopped marching toward their goal of global domination, have they? Sure, the USSR collapsed but they're still a major nuclear power and Putin is supporting terrorists in Syria who hate American freedom and want to kill good honest Christians, so American Conservative Christians should hate Russia, right?

So just think of American Olympic athletes promoting the deviant gay agenda in Russia as a good thing because it will make Russians think that homosexuality is okay and then they'll legalize gay marriage which will weaken the traditional structure of Russian families, destroying Russian civilization by putting some frilly lace on the Iron Curtain.

Conservative Republican Christian fundamentalist Teabaggers just need to think of it as a clandestine CIA operation that is necessary to US national security.

Then I guess you have no issue with muslims wanting to convince the rest of the world that islam is the only real religion? How about if the chinese sent a delegation to the US with the goal of convincing americans that no couple should have more than one child?

why is it OK for us to do it, but not for anyone else?
Because cultural issues that do not include repression can betaken with a grain of salt. The Russians ARE calling for repression. See the difference now?

Why is it our business if the Russians are oppressing a segment of their population?
We stand as a beacon of freedom throughout the world. Ignoring repression equals complicity in repression.

Sweetie, I'm from the deep south. Islam also believes in supernatural beings that determine our fate. I reject this and their beliefs outright. That's why they'd execute me. I have never been nor would I ever want to be in your living room. What vile behaviors are up in your faces day and night. What is it with NYC? Lighten up, sooner rather than later.

Because cultural issues that do not include repression can betaken with a grain of salt. The Russians ARE calling for repression. See the difference now?

Why is it our business if the Russians are oppressing a segment of their population?
We stand as a beacon of freedom throughout the world. Ignoring repression equals complicity in repression.

one man's freedom is another man's repression. contrary to popular belief, the USA is not always right.

We should live by our standards and let the rest of the world live by theirs.

Who the fuck are we that we think we are superior to everyone else?

one man's freedom is another man's repression. contrary to popular belief, the USA is not always right.

We should live by our standards and let the rest of the world live by theirs.

Who the fuck are we that we think we are superior to everyone else?
You keep coming back to the notion of superiority or absolute right.

This we know: there are actions taken by states that are essentially moral and essentially immoral. We know that a state's responsibilities are to serve its citizens. To serve them equally, fairly and justly.

Once a state fails to uphold those universal moral truths, it is the duty of the community of nations to call them on it. Just as our society functions better under the rule of law, the community of nations functions better when there is a belief in basic human rights and the moral obligation of states to uphold the dignity of man.

If you can't tolerate the constitutional right of law abiding Muslims to practice their religion in the US, then you don't belong here.

Trust me, no normal Americans will miss you.

Law abiding muslims execute homosexuals.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Prostitution is legal in the Netherlands. So you would be cool with them coming here and setting up a brothel right next to you. Groovy.

Forum List

Back