What gives us the right?

Why is it our business if the Russians are oppressing a segment of their population?
We stand as a beacon of freedom throughout the world. Ignoring repression equals complicity in repression.

Prostitution is legal in the Netherlands. So you would be cool with them coming here and setting up a brothel right next to you. Groovy.

Yes, I do.

We need a Houston Red District.

amsterdam-red-light-district.jpg

We stand as a beacon of freedom throughout the world. Ignoring repression equals complicity in repression.

Prostitution is legal in the Netherlands. So you would be cool with them coming here and setting up a brothel right next to you. Groovy.

Yes, I do.

We need a Houston Red District.

And since muslims execute homosexuals, you would be cool with then coming here and doing the same. Groovy. What a guy!

The opinions of people like you and NYC are inconsistent at best and ludicrous at worst. You are oh so ready to embrace islam in the US and it is no secret that islam executes homosexuals. Christians, on the other hand, are willing to look the other way as long as you keep it out of our living rooms. Which you are not content to do. You must have your vile behaviors up in our faces day and night. All I've got to say to you and NYC is: Embrace Islam! The sooner the better!

If you can't tolerate the constitutional right of law abiding Muslims to practice their religion in the US, then you don't belong here.

Trust me, no normal Americans will miss you.

Law abiding muslims execute homosexuals.

Not in the US they don't you daft cow.

No objection to Bush's antics on his trip to the 2008 Olympics in China:

Bush had official business on his agenda Sunday: meetings with Chinese President Hu Jintao and other leaders of the country; attending church; speaking about religious freedom. That is a sensitive matter in China, where the government allows worship only in officially approved churches.

President Bush At The Beijing Olympics (SLIDESHOW)

Well it may come as some surprise to you, but people in the middle east can only worship in government approved churches. Wonder how come Obama doesn't address that 'issue' in the middle east! Hm?

And there is quite the difference in having a discussion with the country's leader about an issue and sending criminals there. That is what Obama did. He sent criminals to Russia. That was not a civil discussion it was a brazen fly in your face assault on their mores and values of that culture, mores and values that hold strong in most of the world, but sadly not fore the US. Putin is no fool. Obama will pay for that one.

I am beginning to understand Kruschev's statement that our grandchildren would live under communism. I must confess though, that it never occurred to me that our grandchildren would have to live in such disgusting filth as they do in the US today and might prefer communism to the disgusting filth that is going on in this country.

I'm just curious as to how you think the President could have gone about removing the gay athletes from our Olympic team,

I'm talking about the actual qualified participants.

Why is it our business if the Russians are oppressing a segment of their population?

I have no argument against prostitution, so long as it is regulated as a matter of public health. If you are claiming prostitution as a woman"s rights issue, you might consider the thoughts of the woman. If you're claiming that oppressing homosexuals simply for being homosexuals, you had better consider the civic behavior of the individual, not the group.

Nosmo King said:
This we know: there are actions taken by states that are essentially moral and essentially immoral. We know that a state's responsibilities are to serve its citizens. To serve them equally, fairly and justly.

Once a state fails to uphold those universal moral truths, it is the duty of the community of nations to call them on it. Just as our society functions better under the rule of law, the community of nations functions better when there is a belief in basic human rights and the moral obligation of states to uphold the dignity of man.
@sushine. What did you find in this post to neg me and cal it "disagreeable"? Do you reject the virtues of morality?

Last edited:
What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

WTF is going on? We have become a nation of hypocrites.

I think you are a little confused, as usual.

Nothing is keeping you from telling Muslims they are wrong. of course, listening to one of you guys tell us why Muslims are wrong, but your Sky Pixie is "right" is sort of amusing.

You can't say Christian Prayers at Basketball games because they were paid for by atheists, Jews, Muslims and other kinds of Christians who don't share your views on whether Jesus was made of wafers or not. You pretty much can't put your confused representation of the Nativity in front of a building.

As an aside, since the accounts of the Nativity in Matthew and Luke contradict each other on most of the key points, why do you insist on a mixed version. Luke talks about a manger, Matthew talks about Wise Men, but your nativity scenes have both.

There are of course, few Christians in Saudi Arabia. but don't let that stop your rant.

Incidently, holding Russia to account for oppressing human rights is always correct. It was correct when we held them to account for oppression of Christians under the Communists, it's correct now.

The opinions of people like you and NYC are inconsistent at best and ludicrous at worst. You are oh so ready to embrace islam in the US and it is no secret that islam executes homosexuals. Christians, on the other hand, are willing to look the other way as long as you keep it out of our living rooms. Which you are not content to do. You must have your vile behaviors up in our faces day and night. All I've got to say to you and NYC is: Embrace Islam! The sooner the better!

If you can't tolerate the constitutional right of law abiding Muslims to practice their religion in the US, then you don't belong here.

Not in this country. And this county has condemned the practice.

Not at all. We should legalize it here and set up red-light districts.

They execute their own darghters and wives in this country if they do something in violation of muslim law. But you are OK with that as long as they leave gays alone :confused:

one man's freedom is another man's repression. contrary to popular belief, the USA is not always right.

We should live by our standards and let the rest of the world live by theirs.

Who the fuck are we that we think we are superior to everyone else?
You keep coming back to the notion of superiority or absolute right.

This we know: there are actions taken by states that are essentially moral and essentially immoral. We know that a state's responsibilities are to serve its citizens. To serve them equally, fairly and justly.

Once a state fails to uphold those universal moral truths, it is the duty of the community of nations to call them on it. Just as our society functions better under the rule of law, the community of nations functions better when there is a belief in basic human rights and the moral obligation of states to uphold the dignity of man.

Here's what you don't get-----------eveyone does not share the same beliefs as to what is moral and immoral.

Why can't we live by our rules and let other countries live by theirs? What gives us the right to claim that our beliefs are right and theirs are wrong?

What gives us the right to force homosexuality on Russia? Who do we think we are that we can tell another large country that they must accept homosexuality as normal?

If the Russian people want to treat homosexuality as a perversion, what gives us the right to send a delegation of gays over to tell them they are wrong?

We cannot tell muslims that they are wrong, we cannot say Christian prayers at high school ball games, we cannot put a manger scene in front of a public building, we say nothing about the persecution of Christians in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

But we get all spun up about gaydom and think we can force Russia to change their polciies on gays.

WTF is going on? We have become a nation of hypocrites.

I think you are a little confused, as usual.

Nothing is keeping you from telling Muslims they are wrong. of course, listening to one of you guys tell us why Muslims are wrong, but your Sky Pixie is "right" is sort of amusing.

You can't say Christian Prayers at Basketball games because they were paid for by atheists, Jews, Muslims and other kinds of Christians who don't share your views on whether Jesus was made of wafers or not. You pretty much can't put your confused representation of the Nativity in front of a building.

As an aside, since the accounts of the Nativity in Matthew and Luke contradict each other on most of the key points, why do you insist on a mixed version. Luke talks about a manger, Matthew talks about Wise Men, but your nativity scenes have both.

There are of course, few Christians in Saudi Arabia. but don't let that stop your rant.

Incidently, holding Russia to account for oppressing human rights is always correct. It was correct when we held them to account for oppression of Christians under the Communists, it's correct now.

already answered, see post #452.

No objection to Bush's antics on his trip to the 2008 Olympics in China:

Bush had official business on his agenda Sunday: meetings with Chinese President Hu Jintao and other leaders of the country; attending church; speaking about religious freedom. That is a sensitive matter in China, where the government allows worship only in officially approved churches.

President Bush At The Beijing Olympics (SLIDESHOW)

Well it may come as some surprise to you, but people in the middle east can only worship in government approved churches. Wonder how come Obama doesn't address that 'issue' in the middle east! Hm?

And there is quite the difference in having a discussion with the country's leader about an issue and sending criminals there. That is what Obama did. He sent criminals to Russia. That was not a civil discussion it was a brazen fly in your face assault on their mores and values of that culture, mores and values that hold strong in most of the world, but sadly not fore the US. Putin is no fool. Obama will pay for that one.

I am beginning to understand Kruschev's statement that our grandchildren would live under communism. I must confess though, that it never occurred to me that our grandchildren would have to live in such disgusting filth as they do in the US today and might prefer communism to the disgusting filth that is going on in this country.

I'm just curious as to how you think the President could have gone about removing the gay athletes from our Olympic team,

No one needed to be removed from the team-----------just STFU about being gay.

What is it about gays today that they feel the need to flaunt their lifestyle in the face of everyone else? Do whatever you want behind closed doors, no one cares, just don't demand that the govt force the rest of us to call it normal and acceptable.

They execute their own darghters and wives in this country if they do something in violation of muslim law. But you are OK with that as long as they leave gays alone :confused:

Again they don't do so in my country legally. And this country has condemned the practice of honor killing as well.

But feel free to make up some other shit and accuse me of it.

Again they don't do so in my country legally. And this country has condemned the practice of honor killing as well.

But feel free to make up some other shit and accuse me of it.

Yes, our culture condemns it. Other cultures condone it. I think we are right, you think we are right. But thats no the point. Why can't we let other people live and believe as they wish?

Homosexuality is deemed a perversion or a crime in much of the world. Don't those cultures have the right to determine their own standards of what is moral and immoral?

No one needed to be removed from the team-----------just STFU about being gay.

What is it about gays today that they feel the need to flaunt their lifestyle in the face of everyone else? Do whatever you want behind closed doors, no one cares, just don't demand that the govt force the rest of us to call it normal and acceptable.

So you believe we should limit the First Amendment rights of Gay people to speak their minds? Put them back in the closet, so to speak?

Forum List

Back