What happend to the list of newest posts

That was located on the right side of the screen?

Glad you asked.. It was mis-titled during the upgrade. Always WAS "New Threads" not "New Posts".. We HAVE a "New Posts" page thats in the top black menu bar under "What's New"..

Didn't make sense to call New Threads -- new post when we ALREADY HAVE a real New Posts..

That's makes less sense than all the CONSPIRACY mongering going on in this thread..

BTW -- That was changed OVER a month ago...

It's not New Posts he says he can't see it's New Topics at the top right hand of the forum main page. I did a Screen Shot of what I can see but he can't see.

It's STILL there.

Not on my screen....I wonder why?
I don't really know WHY that would be. Has this happened before?

All Persuader seems to do is post Whining about something OPs in Announcements and Feedback :rolleyes-41: Perhaps he just wants attention or whatever.

Well....that is what the feedback forum is for. No one forces you to use it or read it?????

Yes but most of us if we have a problem would just PM a Mod as opposed to posting OPs in Announcements and Feedback every day.

I do not like to pester the mods....this is setup so that some knowledgeable member may respond if he knows the answer....the mods have too much work already.

The Mods are here to be PMd if anyone has a problem though.

I am not denying that...I am just saying I think it best to not bother them unless it is needed.

Rather answer questions than have all manner of conspiracy theories launched about Mod Staff.. Just a couple days ago in this forum a member thought that moderation had control over which USMB threads get ADVERTISED in the "click bait" column.. Dont fester a grudge.. Ask...

Glad you asked.. It was mis-titled during the upgrade. Always WAS "New Threads" not "New Posts".. We HAVE a "New Posts" page thats in the top black menu bar under "What's New"..

Didn't make sense to call New Threads -- new post when we ALREADY HAVE a real New Posts..

That's makes less sense than all the CONSPIRACY mongering going on in this thread..

It's not New Posts he says he can't see it's New Topics at the top right hand of the forum main page. I did a Screen Shot of what I can see but he can't see.
Alerts or posts?

gotta wait and see then if he's on mobile platform per my post above..

Well, for now the new topic list is back in its original spot.....it has been going back and forth today first on then off then at the bottome of the page.....now back to the right spot???

Alerts or posts?

The OP doesn't say about Alerts or posts, so he'll have to say if that's a problem also. What he does say is that he can't see the ENTIRE New Topics thing at the top right of the forum main page, this:

1597715256044.png

Sorry.. It was renamed "New Topics" not New Threads.. Any other questions on the ChiCom takeover of USMB?? :hyper:

^^^^ Oh :eusa_doh:see my post # 41 that I posted before I read the above. Should I delete my post # 41 or what?

Nope. You're fine.. Reading the rest of the hate mail in this thread for amusement.. LOL...

Well, for now the new topic list is back in its original spot.....it has been going back and forth today first on then off then at the bottome of the page.....now back to the right spot???

What about Alerts?

You on mobile, tablet, desktop? Which OSystem? Which browser? Are you zooming in on the pages?

You on mobile, tablet, desktop? Which OSystem? Which browser? Are you zooming in on the pages?

He was zooming in on the pages, see two of his comments to me yesterday post # 23 and post # 28, I got him to do a Screen Shot and he did two and the print and everything is MASSIVE.

For clarification it is 'the new topics' list i was referring to. I might have not used the correct term earlier.

It's STILL there.

All Persuader seems to do is post Whining about something OPs in Announcements and Feedback :rolleyes-41: Perhaps he just wants attention or whatever.

Well....that is what the feedback forum is for. No one forces you to use it or read it?????

Anyhow....no one has given me a possible reason the new forum list has disappeared from my screen.

Do a Screen Shot of what is on the right of the forum main page where the New Topics are for me but not for you, like I just did a Screen Shot to show I still have the New Topics, so do a Screen Shot so we can see what you have there.

how is a 'screen shot' done?

I use Lightshot, it's a fast Download and then just follow the instructions:

If you get Opera Browser it comes with an in built Screen Shot.

i have opera browser....but do not know how to activate that function.

Look in your Address Bar, go to the right end of it you should see a small camera icon, put your cursor over it and it should say Snapsnot, Aclick on it and you are all ready to go.

Say I go to the trouble of doing all that....my problem will still exist...so what is the point?

Anyhow, I did dat and now i got the picture but how do i post that on here?

View attachment 375883

Was that your ENTIRE SCREEN?? If you can't see more than one post, then you're not gonna see the right hand bar column...

For clarification it is 'the new topics' list i was referring to. I might have not used the correct term earlier.

OK then. If you're using an Opera setting to zoom pages, there should be "scroll bars" at the very bottom and on the extreme right side. Are you using a touch screen or pointing device for scroll?

It's STILL there.

Anyhow....no one has given me a possible reason the new forum list has disappeared from my screen.

Do a Screen Shot of what is on the right of the forum main page where the New Topics are for me but not for you, like I just did a Screen Shot to show I still have the New Topics, so do a Screen Shot so we can see what you have there.

how is a 'screen shot' done?

I use Lightshot, it's a fast Download and then just follow the instructions:

If you get Opera Browser it comes with an in built Screen Shot.

i have opera browser....but do not know how to activate that function.

Look in your Address Bar, go to the right end of it you should see a small camera icon, put your cursor over it and it should say Snapsnot, Aclick on it and you are all ready to go.

Say I go to the trouble of doing all that....my problem will still exist...so what is the point?

Anyhow, I did dat and now i got the picture but how do i post that on here?

View attachment 375883

Was that your ENTIRE SCREEN?? If you can't see more than one post, then you're not gonna see the right hand bar column...

Exactly! And Gracie said the same thing yesterday. The problem is obviously he needs to reduce everything down, he's got things set to high, the print is MASSIVE, the icons are MASSIVE and this is why he can only see part of the main page.

OK then. If you're using an Opera setting to zoom pages, there should be "scroll bars" at the very bottom and on the extreme right side. Are you using a touch screen or pointing device for scroll?

If he's using Opera he needs to go and Click on the O (Opera Icon) which should be on the extreme top left of his screen, then from the Drop Down Menu go to Zoom and Click on the - (Minus) which will say Zoom Out and he needs to Zoom Out to in my opinion to about 100%.

From the two Screen Shot's he did to me it looks like he's on 125%-150%

If he's using Opera he needs to go and Click on the O (Opera Icon) which should be on the extreme top left of his screen, then from the Drop Down Menu go to Zoom and Click on the - (Minus) which will say Zoom Out and he needs to Zoom Out to in my opinion to about 100%.

Thanks for the advice....someone told me the same thing yesterday. I reduced the size today to about 110 percent and it has pretty much worked...sometimes though today it would be at the bottome of the page instead of to the right..

So now upon reading your advice i have reduced down to 100 per cent. Working good so far.

Thanks for the advice....someone told me the same thing yesterday. I reduced the size today to about 110 percent and it has pretty much worked...sometimes though today it would be at the bottome of the page instead of to the right..

So now upon reading your advice i have reduced down to 100 per cent. Working good so far.

Weird stuff happens at just certain magnifications. Like whole panels jump to unexpected locations. Or images start to collide with text boxes.. It's the half ass way things barely work anymore..

Weird stuff happens at just certain magnifications. Like whole panels jump to unexpected locations. Or images start to collide with text boxes.. It's the half ass way things barely work anymore..
Have you tried shoving a weiner into the warp drive?

I noticed the jumping when using my cell phone to post, at least it comes with a countdown counter....

Forum List

Back